Rumour: Cook linked to Knights

Cronk has played more games for Melbourne as well than Slater. So it is pretty poor by them and I’m sure Cronk would be fuming.

Especially considering that this Roosters stint was just a little blip at the end of his career. He would have likely been a life long ambassador for the Storm the moment he finished up. Maybe not now.

Be funnier if Cronk was standing there pointing and laughing with the Roosters mascot

I'd like to see the Roosters immortalise this image in bronze

dee3c7120ae5c7aaf02b26e411ba9375

The difference between Cronk and Inglis against Smith and Slater is two left to play elsewhere and two have or will see out career at Melb. You always remember more fondly those that stayed with you even if for only a few years rather than those that left for other teams.

The difference between Cronk and Inglis against Smith and Slater is two left to play elsewhere and two have or will see out career at Melb. You always remember more fondly those that stayed with you even if for only a few years rather than those that left for other teams.

Inglis didn't leave for the fun of it.

The storm just got belted for the biggest CAP breach in the games history, he was forced to leave as was Hoffman and a few other names I can't remember ATM.

Disagree. All 4 are legendary players. However, Smith and Slater are absolute grubs. Inglis is somewhat of a grub (i.e. domestic issues), but I do like Cronk. He seems like he'd be a decent bloke. Point is, the ones who left are (mostly) good guys, while those who stayed are grubs. I wish Cronk had choked Smith out to be honest.

Damien Cook would be great with us especially if we get Klemmer What a team we will have put together and Cook would be the cherry on top.

Inglis didn't leave for the fun of it.

The storm just got belted for the biggest CAP breach in the games history, he was forced to leave as was Hoffman and a few other names I can't remember ATM.
But the fans and the club see some leaving and those staying are heroes, agree more to it than that but if you were a Melb fan you would look at it differently in much the same as we look at our loyal players, money, caps don't come into support and love of your champions

But the fans and the club see some leaving and those staying are heroes, agree more to it than that but if you were a Melb fan you would look at it differently in much the same as we look at our loyal players, money, caps don't come into support and love of your champions

I just read this as if a 9yr old was the fan.

Can’t see that happening after what Gardner said about marquee signings for the next few years only a few days ago. Would gladly chase him otherwise.

We seem to get linked with everybody. Club planning on rotating through current hookers at the club and heading in another direction already.

Obviously Cook would be an improvement over all of our hookers. He might even last more than a season.

I’m still not sold entirely on Cook. He had a great season and Origin series but it was his 1st great year at 27.

In the Rabbitohs most important game of the year. the Preliminary final he was terrible and struggled against New Zealand in the end of year Test .

I can see him being a bit of a flash in the pan ala Brad Drew in 2001.

Back