Rumour: Adam Blair to the Knights

Joel

Touche...
Just saw a preview of Toohey's back page for tomorrow and it says we are apparently trying to get Adam Blair for 2018. Graham's temperament would be amazing but there are the obvious age/injury issues whereas Blair has a lot more time on the clock and has really turned into a enforcer the past couple of years under Bennett. Thoughts folks?

Depends on price for me, he was one of the best props in the game when at the storm, then he went to the tigers and he was ordinary. Went to the broncos and he was one of the best props going around again and now his form has dropped off again and is fairly average. Worth taking a punt as long as we don't go stupid with the offer.

Averaging 91m 24.5tks a game atm, though with blair comes a mile of work off the ball.... and plenty of runs to the line for a ball out the back or to another runner at the line.

350k wouldnt be a bad deal, though i feel he would be after something starting with a 5 from us.

Barry Toohey said today in Newcastle Sunday that the Knights are poised to make a big money play in a bid to entice Blair to sign for next year. he is now the club's number 1 recruitment target for next year with the Knights having the financial firepower to blow both the Warriors and Dragons out of the water. It all hinges on whether Blair is prepared entertain a move to the Hunter.

https://newcastlesunday.com.au/issue/006/ns170806p001-pdf_FlowPaper-Joined.html

Barry Toohey said today in Newcastle Sunday that the Knights are poised to make a big money play in a bid to entice Blair to sign for next year. he is now the club's number 1 recruitment target for next year with the Knights having the financial firepower to blow both the Warriors and Dragons out of the water. It all hinges on whether Blair is prepared entertain a move to the Hunter.

https://newcastlesunday.com.au/issue/006/ns170806p001-pdf_FlowPaper-Joined.html
Will be a good addition to our pack for sure, just hope we don't go to silly with offer

Have that horrible feeling that Blair plays well at strong club, not so at weaker club, performs best with a strong mature pack around him. I could be wrong and he is the type, strong mongrel, that we need. If he is our number one target then we will most likely get him. Don't know who else fits the bill except Graham and he now seems unlikely, age/fitness.

Hey slots u read Baz column today?
Seems when i was claiming we where close to 1.5mil under the cap this yr i was correct....
Says hodko is on 800k next yr and where trying to pay as much as we can out of this yrs cap to make it as small a loss as possible for next yr if we move him off to SL.
Clearly the club knows they will be lucky to get a club to offer 350k for him... so if we only lose 150k out of next yrs cap to move him on then i feel its a good result for the club moving forward

I'm guessing our figure will be in the ballpark of Guerra, he won't even budge if we're putting up an offer of 350k.

His Tigers years really battered his reputation & rightly so. He was always gonna go better at the Broncos with a strong roster & coach. He's lazy & not a leader, needs to be pushed. Brown gets tough when he needs to be so hopefully that counts for something, I have grave fears Blair could very easily be another Tariq Sims.

Back