Round 8: Newcastle Knights vs North Queensland Cowboys

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Cowboys 13+

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huge call, you don't see captains getting straight dropped much. I wonder if he'll be back next week & they'll play it off as a resting. Hopefully the media doesn't latch onto it too much & make us look like a basket case for doing it. Wouldn't surprise to see some journalists who clearly don't watch our games bag us out.

88, I don't know why you're trying to push this agenda. Everyone here knows our pack is terrible. But Hodkinson does not attempt to kick the ball, getting someone in there that does kick is an automatic improvement. We'll still get beaten a lot this year but shouldn't we be aiming to improve the side as much as possible?

It gives me confidence that even though our pack has made so little metres compared to other packs, we've still been in a lot of games. If we made a few less crucial mistakes or took some chances that were missed, we'd have won a few, incredible seeing how little metres we're making.

Had to happen he was beyond pathetic last week. Hopefully we don't see him in a Knights jersey again.

Actually feel more confident of coming close with Feeney playing his natural position with two fully functional knees and ability to kick than Hodkinson playing with one busted and another okay and passing to a second rower or centre on the fifth. We'll still lose, but not as bad.. I hope.

Huge call, you don't see captains getting straight dropped much. I wonder if he'll be back next week & they'll play it off as a resting. Hopefully the media doesn't latch onto it too much & make us look like a basket case for doing it. Wouldn't surprise to see some journalists who clearly don't watch our games bag us out.

88, I don't know why you're trying to push this agenda. Everyone here knows our pack is terrible. But Hodkinson does not attempt to kick the ball, getting someone in there that does kick is an automatic improvement. We'll still get beaten a lot this year but shouldn't we be aiming to improve the side as much as possible?

It gives me confidence that even though our pack has made so little metres compared to other packs, we've still been in a lot of games. If we made a few less crucial mistakes or took some chances that were missed, we'd have won a few, incredible seeing how little metres we're making.

Mate again, im 100% with everyone on the hodko matter ffs how many times do i need to say this?

As for the forwards, its clear to me people still think they are keeping us in games by rolling up field.. which they are not.... yes they have defended very very well which has stopped the blow out scores THANK GOD but to just say if hodko kicked it here or passed it better there and xyz didnt drop it we would of won said game.
Please.

If we can pick on one guy we can point out the others whom are not lifting either.

Barnett was averaging 97m 34tks before re-signing
Since he got that new deal his averaging 58m 27tks. Not good enough
Starling is averaging 57m 22tks not good enough
D Saifiti 87m 21tks not good enough
Stockwell averaging 51m 29tks not good enough

Thats been our middle all yr wooo whoooo

Teaumalolo could manage that alone this weekend... but if we lose by 14pts or less our forwards did there job.

Last edited:
Mate again, im 100% with everyone on the hodko matter ffs how many times do i need to say this?

As for the forwards, its clear to me people still think they are keeping us in games by rolling up field.. which they are not.... yes they have defended very very well which has stopped the blow out scores THANK GOD but to just say if hodko kicked it here or passed it better there and xyz didnt drop it we would of won said game.
Please.

If we can pick on one guy we can point out the others whom are not lifting either.

It doesn't seem like you're with everyone when you keep trying to make this point whenever someone says we'd be better off using Feeney or someone else. Yes our forwards are bad, we'd look pretty good if they were making metres right now. But whether you can see it or not, we've been in positions to win multiple games. Those chances to win the game have been ruined by errors & not taking chances. Feeney won't necessarily fix that, but just having 2 halves that will kick is an improvement.

Good chat dipstick.

When we get belted by 40 this weekend due to being monstered be a second string side... who u gonna blame?? Lamb? Feeney? Gagai?

Again, your inventing an argument that doesn't exist except for you.

Nobody places the blame for our situation solely with Hodkinson. We all recognise our forwards are not aiming up. But Hodkinson is the worst player in the side. About time he got dropped.

If we lose it will be for the usual reasons most likely, not taking our chances, not making enough yardage in the forwards, making silly mistakes etc.

But at least Feeney may actually try. At least he is another option that may actually do something else on the last tackle other than pass it.

Please.

Teaumalolo could manage that alone this weekend... but if we lose by 14pts or less our forwards did there job.

You seem incapable of understanding the argument.

Watch last weeks game again. No, the forwards didn't roll up the field, but we still managed to get ourselves in to position to strike. Commencing sets in good field position only to wreck any momentum with a dud option on the last.

If halves don't get repeat sets, it puts a lot of pressure on forwards being forced to defend constantly. Add to this that our opponents don't seem to have any issues getting the ball in goal and we end up doubling the effect. Our forwards get buggered defending constantly and therefore don't have the ticker left to make big charges.

We don't lose possession percentage by not running far enough up field, we lose it by not having the ball in our hands. We lose it by not getting repeat sets and not taking our chances to score points which ends up with the ball back in our hands for a repeat set.

Hopefully Feeney kills it this week. Would love to see him start to reach his full potential.

Last edited:
It only feels like yesterday we were all hyped up about the fact Mullen would finally be able to be given a free reign to run with a dominant halfback by his side. Then it turned out Hokko was even less dominant than Tyrone was & Mullo couldn't get over the injuries anyway. Some luck we have. To be fair, Stoney & Hagan or whoever was in charge of recruitment at the time should have done their homework on Hokko's knees.

So far Brown has only dropped two players this year I think - Jake Saifiti for 1 game and now Hodko.

Not a good sign for hodko. Brown said at the start of the week a few guys were struggling with injuries and might not play and Trent certainly looked that way but Toohey has legit gone all out here and called it a dumping so maybe this is trents last chance to take a breather, come back and give it a proper go.
Don't think Feeney will do much worse in attack its just his defense that's a concern...
hand the captaincy to gagai, he deserves it.

Geeeeeez this is a no-name side. Pretty fearless when you think about it. Might not be a bad thing.

I read that Hodkinson was dropped Mainly because of two terrible reads in defence that led to theyre first 2 tries and they were shockers too ...Feeney wont do worse than that imo at least I hope not ...I was glad we bought Him but he has been absolute rubbish this season and when our forwards do get us down there and give us a chance to strike our NSW $600,000 py 1/2 back hasn't been up to the task and is letting the side down big time ...

Back