Round 7: Newcastle Knights vs Wests Tigers

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Apr 14, 2018.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Apr 21, 2018.
  1. Knights 13+

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Knights 1-12

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tigers 1-12

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. Tigers 13+

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I like your thinking.

2. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

They have the best defence in the comp by a mile. We're second worst. Not a good recipe.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

After the round we will be 12th for attack and 15th for defense.

4. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

Come on we are top 8 confirmed by 90% of this board, we didn't play bad at all on the weekend!!!

Tigers have just put a score on Manly, not at all looking forward to Saturday night...

5. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

This is our only chance!

6. 88Knight4life

Mate i know we are not the finished product and i expected us to struggle for the first 2mth of this yr.

Though as a supporter if i see things that need fixing than i will talk about it.

Not many truly felt confident of us being a top 8 roster.
    Most know to get into the finals takes more than a half decent roster.

7. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

Not you a bunch of others here think we played well on Friday... Hey 3 from 6 with our roster and the teams we have played isnt a bad start... BUT the loses have been BIG, we leak too many points to be a top 8 side...

Tigers have cliked in attack and Defend better than anyone, I can't see us winning with our right side D and our attack is still a work in progress a lot of errors when attacking

88Knight4life likes this.
  8. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

Not looking forward to the tigers.....

9. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

All this talk about needing a great roster doesn’t mean a lot. The Tigers have one of the weaker rosters in the comp but are getting results through discipline and desire. There is no reason whey we can’t do the same.

If we can win 1 of our next 2 and go into our run of home games with a 4-4 record we’re in a good spot. We’re a different team at home and at our best we can compete with anyone at home.

10. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Matt White

Project Manager
    Tigers certainly came out of the blocks fast.

-They were sending 3 defenders either side of ruck , quick one up dummy half darts appeared successful but Manly couldn’t control the ball and turned it over with poor ball control.
    -Brooks runs across field then throws the dummy to wide outside centre and steps back - we will need to chase him hard and pin him from the inside out to stop him.
    -Tigers forwards go wide but spear back in behind the ruck- marker defenders need to chase from inside out and not clock off when the ball goes past.

11. 88Knight4life

So they need to do everything they dont do?
    Great observations of the tigers play, they are ruthless in the ruck atm, something we will struggle to deal with.

12. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Manly made them look better than they are imo. None of our performances this season have been half as bad as what they dished up today.

13. Knightsobsessed

Knightsobsessed Kade Snowden

Maybe we need a box of energy :lol:

14. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

For a weaker roster they sure look sharp and have points on the board and look at who they have beat, for 4-4,we better win the next after this.

15. Frank McWilliams

We just beat Manly at home, they thrashed Manly, we play away, Manly, and every other side they played, made them look good, Pheewwww for a little while I was concerned.

16. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

They've been very good due to their discipline and work ethic. Defensively they've been the best team in the comp. Their attack however isn't particularly strong and they've only looked threatening against the last placed Parramatta and a Manly side who were atrocious and made stupid error after stupid error and continuously gave them the ball.

If we hold on to the ball we can beat them.

17. cowboyman

cowboyman Timana Tahu

Hospitality
    I think it’s good the Tigers ran up a score today. They have been winning without clicking. Was only a matter of time before they ran up a score on someone.

Could be in a little bit of a lull next weekend. I predict it will be a close game in a low scoring game. 16-12 either way.

18. JOJO82

JOJO82 Lee Jackson

Tigers will have a field day against us, especially up the middle. Don't know why our forwards are so soft and struggle to make metres.

I must say the safitis have been really disappointing so far, they just need to use their size in an aggressive way .

We need buhrer to play 6 as he is defesively sound and lamb needs to be dropped .he hasn't produced anything and is turnstile in defence. Just seems to me that we have no need for an additional half as Pearce and ponga are our playmakers so we night as well have someone at 6 that can defend .

slotmachine and packo like this.
  19. Frank McWilliams

According to injury list Watson won't be back until at least round 10 which means at least 4 games more he will miss in the mean time our option at 5/8 needs to be fixed/sorted. The alternatives seem to be, Lamb, Buhrer or Cogger. As defence seems to be the overriding factor Buhrer is leading contender, speed could be a factor.
    It's taken me a while but play Buhrer and put Cogger and Lamb 7 & 6 in reserves, let's see how that works out over the next month or so.

20. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Don't know why our forwards are so soft and struggle to make metres ... I must say the safitis have been really disappointing so far ...I think you answered your own question there mate ....