Sunday 26th April, 3.00pm
Campbelltown Sports Stadium
Referees: Jason Robinson, Gerard Sutton

HEAD TO HEAD
knights 7 wins, Tigers 6 wins

FORM GUIDE
Tigers: WLWLLW
Knights: LWLWWW

The Tigers had been excelling in attack this season while leaking plenty of points at other end of the park up until last week – when they put on a stunning defensive performance to clinch a 16-6 win over Melbourne.

They have been wildly inconsistent but the Storm result will give them all the confidence they need to challenge the NRL’s top teams in 2009.

The Knights are in great form, coming off impressive wins over the Sea Eagles, Warriors and Dragons. Kurt Gidley’s been a handful, the outside backs have been racking up the tries and the under-rated forward pack have been matching it with their more-fancied rivals (Manly and the Dragons are no slouches up front).

Wests boast plenty of attacking talent themselves – the usual suspects Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah have been backed by the NRL’s top try-scorer Taniela Tuiaki (6 tries) and Chris Lawrence (5).

Whatever happens, it should be a fun game to watch.

KEY MATCH UP
Robbie Farah v Isaac De Gois

Newcastle’s biggest loss after last season was the departure of captain and legendary hooker Danny Buderus, but his replacement has proved more than capable already this year.

De Gois impressed for the Sharks last year and he’s been even better for Newcastle, proving a strong defender and a good organiser from dummy half. He’s also scored tries in the Knights’ last two wins.

Farah already has seven try assists in 2009, to go with two tries himself and four line-breaks.

Should be a great match-up.

PUNTERS GUIDE
Head to head:
Tigers $1.75; Knights $2.05
The Tigers have now showed they can defend as well as they attack, but a lack of consistency means there are still plenty of question marks about Tim Sheens’ men.

We’ll favour an upset here. Newcastle are enjoying the underdog tag – going into three of their four wins as the outsiders – and they won’t be short of confidence on Sunday. It’s a match that could really go either way, but we’re backing the Knights by 1-12.

CASUALTY WARD
Tigers:
Blake Lazarus – knee (season)
Knights: Dan Tolar – knee (Rnd 9), Steve Simpson – hamstring (indefinite), Cameron Ciraldo – ankle (season)

[url="http://rugbyleaguelive.com.au/Articles/4711/2009/04/23/Round_7_Preview_Tigers_v_Knights.aspx]Rugby League Live[/url]

when was the last time we won 3 in a row? i read somewhere, cant remember where that the last time we won 4 in a row was in the 06 season

when was the last time we won 3 in a row? i read somewhere, cant remember where that the last time we won 4 in a row was in the 06 season

I do know that this run of three was the second time since Johns retired that we won three in a row.

If only the website was still here it would be easy to see. Oh, what the heck, I'll get the Middleton yearbook.

Round 20-22 last year, Souths, Parra and Gold Coast.

Tigers wary of Knights' many threats
By Steve Jancetic
Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens believes his side could face a tougher defensive assignment against Newcastle this weekend than the one dished up by Melbourne on Monday night.

The Tigers produced their best tackling performance of the season in limiting the Storm to just one try at Leichhardt Oval, but Sheens claims the Knights' multi-pronged attack could be tougher to hold out at Campbelltown Stadium on Sunday.

The Knights have showcased an expansive style over the opening six rounds of the competition, with halfback Jarrod Mullen's return to fitness and form complemented by the work of five-eighth Ben Rogers and underrated hooker Isaac De Gois.

Then there's Test utility Kurt Gidley, who has shown an uncanny ability to switch between fullback, hooker, halfback and five-eighth throughout matches.

"We're on alert all across the field this week," Sheens said at Tigers training on Thursday.
"Some sides are easier to follow because they have key indicators - Melbourne being one with (fullback Billy) Slater.
"Gidley pops up at first receiver and as a runner all over the field, they've got good ball-players on both sides of the field and strong-running forwards and big centres.
"They're a well balanced side, that's why they're doing so well.
"We'll have to be on our game trying to read the point of attack."

While recovery had been a focus for the Tigers this week as they try to kick the Monday night hoodoo, Sheens said his side couldn't afford to be content with what they did against the Storm.

After Sunday's meeting with the Knights, the Tigers take on the in-form Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium in what shapes as an important fortnight before their round nine bye.

"A one-off game doesn't make a winter, we've got some work to do still," Sheens said.
"We're not kidding ourselves, we've had too many points put past us. A one-off is a one-off, we need to do that more consistently."

Sheens confirmed backrower Chris Heighington - who was surprisingly overlooked by NSW selectors when they named their preliminary 40-man squad on Tuesday - would not play against the Knights due to an ankle injury.

Backrower Daine Laurie was named on an extended bench as cover for Heighington, though Sheens said he would wait until game day to reveal his final squad.

"I'll probably keep that pretty close to my chest at this stage," he said.
"Daine's in the 18 but I don't think he'll start."
nrl

'Might have a tougher defensive assignment' we could not possibly play worse then Melbourne did on Monday

I don't know, but if anyone picks a home crowd correctly this year, there's a million dollars on the table.

Tell your friends.

Just trying to do my bit to promote the site.

Fat just said to Robbie Farah that this week the Tigers are going to play the "in form team of the comp" oooo that sounded nice :)

Back