Round 6: Newcastle Knights vs Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Apr 3, 2017.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Apr 7, 2017.
  1. Knights 13+

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Knights 1-12

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  3. Draw

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. Bulldogs 1-12

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. Bulldogs 13+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Ben Kennedy

Yes there was and it was very similar to the Ross try....
    Rules change in 18yrs though mste.

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Muir

Well you can't yell and scream the entire game.

Anyway, my point was the crowd were giving it to the ref. Unless you were there you can't comment.

I doubt any crowd could give it to the ref more, without throwing something at them.

3. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Muir

Yep, Melbourne winger with ball in hand over try line. Ainscough came through and full on head high shot.

Penalty try.

4. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

Different rules for different teams.

5. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Penalty try because the try wasn't actually scored. I thought last night should have been an 8 point try but then I checked the rules.

88Knight4life likes this.
  6. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Darren Albert

Yeah you can tackle the attacking player as long as you don't get him into a dangerous position... I would assume if he dropped it and fell on his head then it would be a penalty try

7. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Well I watched the replay and man am I excited how well did we go , in the first half which should have ended 20 -0 we dominated them and made good meters through the middle . The forwards were good as were the backs we couldn't ground the ball properly with 4 disallowed tries but I'm happy with the commitment they played with ....Lamb looked good as did Sione and Pete had his best game so far for us , except for the mistakes they played 100 times better than any game last year ....

Kurriboy and Chief Longhorn like this.
  8. Left Foot

Left Foot Owen Craigie

Dane Gagai - 225m, 18 Tackles, 2 Line Breaks, 8 Tackle Breaks, 1 Try

Monster effort from Gagai last night.
    Not only did he make the most meters of any player on the the field last night, he also made the most tackles of any back on the field last night.
    And we still are not getting enough early ball to him.

If we sign Bird, and Gagai decides to stay and we sign another prop that's not named Josh Starling lol
    We could have an entertaining team next year.. Ponga, Bird, Gagai = wet spot on the panties

9. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adam Muir

The ainscough penalty try was nothing at all like the ross try. For a start Ross actually scored. Secondly, Ainscough came through and cleaned him up with a high shot directly to the head.

Watch this and tell me the two are similar.

Anyway, I watched the game again and am very happy with how we went. We gave ourselves every chance to win it, still giving ourselves chances to win it right till the end. If we could have finished a few of those tries the game was ours.

I think the video ref got the calls right. The driver tackle would have been fine if he didn't push the defender off Gags. He was certainly held off the play and not able to take part in attempting to stop the try. I think the decision was fair.

The ref caned us in the penalties and we still had chances to win it, just didn't get the job done.

We really need two quality props. If we get Bird, the next and only other purchases we should be buying are two good quality props.

slotmachine likes this.
  10. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Ben Kennedy

I know mate the .... kinda meant sarcasm

Kurriboy likes this.
  11. Rob

Rob Chris Houston

Just said it coz someone else they'd never seen an 8 pt try given. Rules change every year, mate.

88Knight4life likes this.
  12. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

I know people are screaming for props in its plural but the only prop I'd be dropping is starling. How much ball do we have most games 30 to 40 percent? How can we expect any prop to get over 100 metres with that kinda ball. Always coming out of our own 40 in which backs mostly run. When we are on the front foot in a game, which will happen sometime this year then I'll judge our front row but without ball in better position forwards can't do nothing.

13. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

No need to get on the back foot. They are similar in a way that they are both penalty worthy IMO. One a high shot and ones put into a dangerous position. Difference being storm player was in goal and rossy in the air in the ACT of scoring a try.

14. JOJO82

JOJO82 Shane Christensen

Still angry about this loss, the fact we were hard done by the refs just makes it so much harder for us.

Surely the NRL can see favouritism for certain teams. Makes me wonder why we bother with memberships and supporting the game if half the time refs have a pre conceived winner.

15. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

8 point tries and penalty tries are totally different things.

The fouls in 8 point tries have to be committed during the ball being grounded.

In all my years watching the game there's never been one given for a dangerous tackle while taking a bomb prior to scoring a try.

I actually don't think the 8 point or penalty try rules have changed while I've been watching at least, either.

Refs got that one totally right, no hint of an 8 pointer at all.

slotmachine and 88Knight4life like this.
  16. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

Ok so if he allows his body to keep going on the path it was and doesn't roll his shoulders, lands on his neck and stays down then what? I know I'm going with what ifs but he WAS put in a dangerous position and was worthy to receive a penalty.

17. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

8 point try? We're talking about the Knights here, you should feel lucky the try wasn't disallowed and Ross penalised for getting tackled in mid air.

Battler likes this.
  18. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

Haha yeah I do feel that way sometimes. Every try of ours seems to go to video ref week in week out. Its disheartening.

19. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Pretty sure the Warriors scored a BS 8 point try against us two years ago in Round 1, thankfully we overcame that and were the better team but that was one of the examples where you don't give an 8 point try.

20. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Then he wouldn't have scored a try, so it would have been a penalty.