Round 6: Newcastle Knights vs Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Apr 3, 2017.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Apr 7, 2017.
  1. Knights 13+

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Knights 1-12

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  3. Draw

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. Bulldogs 1-12

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. Bulldogs 13+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Chris Joynt

Browns comments are gaining traction in the media. Specifically the part saying "We don't get the 50/50 calls", and "some of the 50/50 calls are our fault, and others are someone elses fault", and also "even if it was a try they would still be looking at it to deny us".

I can't see him escaping without a fine.

2. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Good on Brown for saying that. I couldn't have said it better myself. If he gets a fine for that it'd be a stitch up.

Tasgirl likes this.
  3. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Isn't an 8 point try awarded when an act of foul play occurs during the scoring process ? If so should have been an 8 point try no doubt.

4. Beaumont

I know I'll bet blasted for saying this but our crowds get more credit than they deserve. Apart from the "Newcastle" chant the noise from the crowd is minimal. We need a Hill with 1500 drunks on it.

Tasgirl likes this.
  5. Beaumont

• If the ball is grounded and then the foul act is committed, then it is an 8-point try

6. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Seems like the biggest beef is when the ref makes the onfield decision of a try (because well, if he doesn't see that it's been grounded then why would he award it) and then the video ref doesn't think there is conclusive evidence that it's grounded or seen grounded and awards it, then well...I dont see the point of the ref making the on field call.

If the video ref did not see conclusive evidence in that scenario he should have just taken the on fields ref call and just awarded it rather then replaying it 1000x to find something wrong with it as other people mentioned.

It was not as if it was a black or white wrong/right call where the ref missed something and can be changed so I don't see the point of the video ref changing the refs decision who in that instant whether he thinks it's a try or no try I could have lived with.
    If the ref thought the ball wasn't grounded well or whatever and called it a no try on the field before sending it to the video ref, I could have lived with it.

If that call was against the bulldogs the uproar would have been x100 more considering every 50/50 call that goes against them in gets blown out in the media.

7. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Not only was it frustrating the video ref decisions going against us, but it seemed they had to check every single try of ours, could never just give it. I'm pretty sure every single try went up stairs. I wanna see the captain's challenge that was trialled in our game come back. Every try is the ref's call, if the captain challenges it then they go to video ref.

8. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Atmosphere without a doubt lacks, I haven't been to a game this year yet but at times it's a ghost town. Always pipes up when we're winning though, or going good in a game. It sounded good on TV last night. Dylan who posts as theknightsrule7 is always pretty keen to get some sort of drunken group happening.

9. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Andrew 'Joey' Johns

modern burlesque dancer
    Maybe we should bring back the Crusade LOL.

I really miss that bunch of circus freaks from LU.

10. listo

listo Evan Cochrane

I didn't get to see the game & only saw updates here & there. Sounds like the boys had a good dig.
    I'm starting be get to where hunterselvis is at now though. Giving them a good run isn't getting us points on the ladder & it's giving me the ****s.

11. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Well we are not the only ones getting rough decisions from the Brunker. Just now Cherry Ripe gets pulled out of the defensive by one arm line by Nightingale two metres out play the ball, Widdup goes through the gap crosses the line and scores and it stands.

listo we did have a dig, led 6-0 until 2 seconds before half time and had our usual lapse and then 30 seconds after half time we let them in again from an error.

We had two tries disallowed, Sione and Ross Dawg losing the ball getting it down, and what should have been a try after a Gagai break, Sio was completely out of position and it went into touch two metres out.

listo likes this.
  12. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Chris Joynt

I think if you want to comment on the crowd atmosphere do it after being at a game!

I can tell you my voice was strained after the game from yelling at the refs, and as I posted above, it sounded like the whole eastern grandstand was giving it to the ref at times about not calling offsides, play the ball issues. With the Sione no try virtually our whole side was calling Bull ****, bull ****, bull ****, bull ****.

I don't know what more the crowd can do, chuck foam fingers at the liney?

13. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Play the ball infringements Kurriboy?

I counted seventeen times Graham stood at marker side by side with the second marker, even two or three meters apart, one going each way as the ball was played and nobody saw nothing.

Newie crowds have always been pretty timid. No comparison at all with the baying, screaming mob at Lottoland.

Ask 88.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  14. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

Brooky oval had a great atmosphere due to being a small ground and crowd close to the field..... to bad the field was always a goats track and below standard amenities.

Cant beat knights crowds when the clubs teams are doing well.

When i was a knight it still had the old stand and hill so seemed quite when we kicked off but by 50mins in the crowd would be up to around 8-10 thou and the noise was awesome.

member 2299 and Tasgirl like this.
  15. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

The crowd on South hill was useless apart from the blokes standing up the back and their noise goes nowhere. People on the hill were nullified by doggies supporters. I've always had a great time on South hill at the seats down front. Screamers down there.

We need to get the supporters closer to the field so no more sitting way up high in the concourses I reckon. Jam in down the bottom and get into it!!

16. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Did anybody see the try the Titans scored where Ryan James made contact with a defending player. Was given a try. I thought you couldn't contact the defending player at all.

17. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Adrian Bubb

The difference was sione pushed the defender where as ryan James pushed his own player

slotmachine and jamesgould like this.
  18. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

Speaking of the Titans.... Pat Vaivai was a huge handful tonight 119m in a team well dominated across the park.

Id love to get him back here!!!

Joshhh and danknights like this.
  19. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

I thought Patty went well!!! I'd love him and Dave Taylor for a great backup or even our damn starters haha

88Knight4life likes this.
  20. Rob

Rob Gavin Hanrahan

Was there an 8 point try given in the GF between St George and Melbourne? Think Ainscough was involved. Not really even sure of the teams involved.