Round 3: Newcastle Knights vs Sydney Roosters

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Mar 19, 2018.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Mar 25, 2018.
  1. Knights 13+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Knights 1-12

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Roosters 1-12

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Roosters 13+

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Ak-47

Ak-47 Jake Mamo

Anyone know the reason for Chris Heighington not playing could have used his experience out there last night, seems everyone agrees we need more aggressive props for next year, Knights really need that morgal/fear and get that ruck moving especially in D.
    Although I reckon Roosters would have put 70+ on other teams the way they played, the slick backline was on fire.

2. Wobbles

Wobbles Bill Peden

Really rammed that point home hard :lol:

As long as you're wearing the appropriate headgear and not afraid to get your hands dirty there's nothing wrong coming from behind.
    More importantly though, make sure there's no more than one rooster in the hen house or it could get awkward.

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

They said hip flexor injury.

Ak-47 likes this.
  4. Mr Goanna

Mr Goanna hung up on the glory days

so we still lack a pack leader/enforcer and now this year we look like the slowest backline in the comp...

5. EASBay17

EASBay17 David Lomax

100% the score wasnt a reflection of the difference between us. At 12-8 or even 18-8 we were in the game. The cronk chip where keary was offside imo really broke us. Also the JWH i think it was where they sent it up as no try and offside, there was no way u could overturn the live call based on the vision.
    also had a 12 point turnaround just after HT when moga put it down (catch n pass and ross scores) and they went the length.
    it was a frustrating night but we were in noway as bad as the scoreboard suggests.

Wobbles likes this.
  6. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Keary was the Rooter that pushed Buhrer when Cronk scored. No try 99.9 times out of a hundred.

7. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

I'm hoping they will now just change the way we play to allow two play makers in Lamb and Pearce and it will work well for us rather than have Lamb being the understudy to Pearce and waiting for Pearce to involve him ...
    Pearce has been our best buy but Griffin is a close second , he was everywhere even after 80 minutes and looks to be an able kicker too ...
    IMO Levi still won't get a run as Griffin can play 80 but even if he needed a break Buhrer can do it and cover a few other positions ...

8. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

9. Rob

Rob James Goulding

Buhrer's not needed to cover to any positions, at a pinch Fitz, Guerra or Griffin could cover a centre position. Griff could cover 5/8. Can't believe how desperate people are to keep Buhrer in the team. I don't see what he brings at all.

Beaumont likes this.
  10. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Just watch the game back again. Those saying Moga had a better game than Ross are crazy. Theres no way, the first time Moga passed the ball straight over the sideline without bothering to look it was the second tackle. If Ross was there it's line ball if he could have got through the closing gap down the sideline, and I believe their communication failed them as Ross was looking to cut in field. On the second tackle there was no need to push the pass and if Moga bothered to look would have seen that.

The second time, the reason Ross was not there was because he had only just came in field to take a hit up and was caught out of position when that half break happened straight after his run. Again, Moga passed without looking for the same result, early in the tackle count again. If Moga paid any attention he would have realised Ross only just got tackled in field and may not be there, yet passes it without looking again.

Moga is also lazy and only puts in when he has to. I can't recall Moga taking many if any hit ups to work us out of our own try line. He clocked off on a play the other week that you all bagged Ross for not jumping, yet Moga you clearly see clock off in the background instead of pushing in to support. You can physically see him stop running in as the ball is past him.

Just before he got sin binned last night, there was a break made and Moga was a step behind the break, you can clearly see Moga running at a canter not bothering to put in that extra effort and help shut the break down, it's only when the other Knights player drops off that you see Moga bother to put speed on and try to stop anything, which he does but then brain explosion time, gets himself sin binned.

Overall I thought the team created plenty of chances, just nothing was working, 50/50 decisions virtually all went against us and against a side like the roosters thats enough to earn you a towelling.

11. Barry Crush

Barry Crush Danny Levi

Retired
    Just want Ross to stop playing for Moga and play as the Rossdog his passion and the little things he was doing are what made him valuable to the team, I get the feeling he is playing within himself as the clubman so that Moga can get his feet in the side instead of playing his own game and letting moga find his own way

12. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Ross used to get a lot more ball than he does now with Moga on his inside. He used to occassionally swap to centre afew times during a game that he isn't doing now. Moga tends to get the ball and run it himself.

The dog was at his best when he got good ball and was finding the line when he had no right to. I don't think he and Moga are happy playing together at all.

Barry Crush and danknights like this.
  13. Treadly

Treadly Sam Stewart

This pretty much sums it up for me. Two very marginal onside calls, which by the letter of the law were wrong in my mind. Some moga brain farts (the old benji marshal no look 3rd row passes) a slip n bad pass from ponga.

Yes our defence needs a fair bit of work. Sliding and rushing out of the line seem an issue. But guys there was effort. Next week will be as hard a task. The dragons r on fire, lets hope we can topple the buggers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Ross having no combination with Moga, previously he had PeteMat inside and they worked well, at this time Moga is not as good as Pete making Ross look bad, hopefully things will improve.

15. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Think that Browny will select either Levi or Buhrer in 17/bench because that's his safety call along with 3 big forwards. Could be Levi because Griffin can play 13 and Barnett can cover 2nd row with bench covering props. Our main problem will be if injury to back 5 early in game, if injury to 6/7 Griffin to 5/8.Could be a surprise on the bench this week

16. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I think Levi has rocked Brown's roof and will hardly see first grade this year.

88Knight4life likes this.