Round 22: Newcastle Knights vs New Zealand Warriors

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Aug 4, 2018.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Friday at 4:52 PM.
  1. Knights 13+

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Knights 1-12

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Warriors 1-12

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Warriors 13+

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Said it earlier, we wont win again this year.

Saf needs to get his diet right and trim himself down to get better mobility.

At the moment with his body he has peaked. You see it when his shirt rides up, he has a gut ffs.

The fat lumbering forward is dead in the game. Now it's about size and mobility.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Mr Goanna

Mr Goanna hung up on the glory days

bloody well bullied again...embarrassing that they have not dominated another team all season.

3. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

Ese Ese played with some intent tonight. He ran for 150 odd meters and also made 40 odd tackles. He can hold his head high.

There's others that were made to look second rate and should be embarrassed by what they dished up.

4. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Fitz did 47 tackles for a second career high in a row after 43 last week.
    Eseese did 40 tackles with 0 missed and 0 ineffective for 100% tackle efficiency - think it's the first time I've seen that this year.
    Saulo put in a decent 20 minutes - looks pretty good out there too.

5. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

No wonder Fitz had no energy in attack.

6. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

Barnett was the only other forward to run 100 meters.

7. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Todd Anderson

Project Manager
    I am struggling to find something positive to come from that game, if anything we did well to hold a Top eight side to 20 points.

There I have said it.

Unfortunately we are one or two monster props short, again and the unforced errors by same players week in and week out shows we don’t have the real depth to drop them ( again nothing we don’t already know)

Another thing which has me perplexed is why we don’t attack the legs 3rd man in while the first 2 are holding the player and the ball.

Defender1 likes this.
  8. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Todd Anderson

Project Manager
    Hard to be impressed with Barnett when his other deficiencies outway that stay by far.

kurtsux likes this.
  9. Billy

47 tackles against a side like the Warriors who have big men fighting hard in every tackle is a massive effort. I never thought i'd see Fitz do something like that. He used to do 20 tackles a game in reserve grade, and half of them were shoulder charges with little attempt to wrestle.

Defender1 likes this.
  10. danknights

danknights Mark Hughes

I'm struggling to know why we don't let them loose. Bugger the wrestle. Get them on the bloody ground and stop the momentum rather then let them walk another 5 to 10 metres with 3 blokes all up around the ball. We have a few blokes who are first graders. Rest are reserve graders at their peak. Just not quite good enough.

Rob likes this.
  11. Rob

Rob James Goulding

Think the refs should've stopped that. A mark should've been set but they were gaining 4 n 5 mtrs just walking with the defenders attached. Great for their pcm's.

12. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Geez u lot are a hard crowd.
    Half our team are still kids, the other are trying hard to hold us afloat and guide those kids.

The warriors are a powerful team that run hard hit hard and when on top usually do it easy, we held our own pretty well considering the difference in power and class.

The warriors didnt play great but they sure as hell made sure we didnt take them to the final minutes.

Positive points for me...
    we didnt leak 40pts like we probably should have.
    We didnt fall away in the 10 minutes each side of half time.
    We went toe to toe with a powerful side for multiple sets.

Negative points for me.
    We only have 13 consistently able nrl standard players in our 17 atm.
    Our lack of urgency from the inside falls away to quickly.
    We are relying on Pearce and Ponga to much when we have momentum and possession.

Players that tried to hard ( which you cant fault ) even though it hurt us....

Barnett, he was buggered though still chased hard and tried to hold it together... he'll learn and grow.
    ( I've given Barnett plenty for being a bum previously lol )

Levi, did everything possible to get us some momentum or at least stabilize the flow the Warriors had,
    some went unnoticed and some were
    ( flat out... the funk was that mate )

Denniss, made some great tackles against one of the most damaging backs in the game..
    ( was a distant second though )
    he kept putting his body infront of him and was always willing to take a run to help.

3 games left for the year :(
    Will we get snother win? I honestly dont think so.

We wont get the spoon though, and man we have had some highlights to look back on.

We all love the club and will come back week after week win lose or draw.

Can we all make these last 3rds a pleasurable one come game day when posting?
    Look at the good things we see and post about them,
    There's plenty to be proud of and a lot of promise we sometimes lose site of on game day.
    :newcastle:

Frank McWilliams and Defender1 like this.
  13. danknights

danknights Mark Hughes

14. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

For a guy that seems to know what each and every player should or shouldnt be doing, im surprised you haven't been called into the extended squard to keep them on their toes.

Ponga nothing needed here lol

Sio ( has moments though he also does a lot of things that dont get praised ) still a able nrl winger.

Sione ( had absolutely turned my view of him around ) he's power has really started to be noticeable and think he could be a very good centre or backrower of bench impact player.

SKD ( 250 nrl game 25 tests 120 tries enough said really )

Pearce ( i said it during SOO series after series when he was a Rooster that Mitch is the best 7 in NSW and i think a lot of members on here have realized hoe good he is after watching him playing for us. )

Dan Saf ( man mountain though still a raw kid at heart, im excited to see the kid become a man and think thsts just around the corner )
    Levi ( we all know he's ability and hope he grows more still as a player )

Ese ( could become out Taumalolo for the next 5-8yrs, skies the limit really )

Barnett (although his still got a lot to do) and would make most clubs 17 imo

Fitzgibbon ( still has heaps to learn ) but man he's got a big career if he keeps trying.

Guerra ( do i need to say anything )

Buhrer ( never gets the chance to show whst his best at ) though u can put him anywhere snd know he'll give it he's all and not let the team down.

Thats 13 that i class as able nrl players in our team atm.

Missing players
    Watson, ( would make any teams 17 imo )
    Griffen ( as above )
    Moga ( when fit and confident is a gun nrl centre with plenty of time to grow yet )

J Saifiti ( has had a rough run with injury, though if everything comes good ( touch wood) he could be as good a prop as any running around in the game atm. )

You wont agree though i dont really care :D

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 10:02 PM
  15. Billy

I thought we put in a fair effort against a side who are pretty good.
    I noticed they did very few offloads in the first half and concentrated on make us work really hard in every tackle till we were sapped of energy, and then they started throwing it around.
    It worked pretty well for them. If they'd have chucked it around from the start like they used to, they might have turned the ball over a lot and given us a chance - but they played to overpower us and give us no chance.

16. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Really wasn't much commentary in here during the game at all.

Mostly just lamenting how poor we are at the minute. Which is fair commentary.

We all know there is a lot of work left to turn the club around to a routine finals club.

17. listo

listo Mick Jenkins

Been on the road & used the forum as a catch up, as kurri said, there wasn’t a lot to take in.
    At least we kept them under 30 for a change

18. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

We had a fair crack. The Warriors were at their best and we did good to keep it respectable. Pretty proud of them overall.

The game showed where we are lacking the most though. Desperately short 2 quality middle forwards.

19. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Maybe I'm just short sighted because the Knights are the team I watch play the most, but I've never seen a team struggle for metres as bad & consistently as us. Every year we bring in some new forwards & think geez, the days of a soft forward pack are finally over, but it never changes. It was laughable today, like boys running into men. Then as a result, teams constantly make huge metres against us, reaching our end with ease.

20. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Honestly Joshhh we seem to bring the retirees making a last buck, á lá Lillyman, Heighington and Buhrer. Not a criticism of them, they do try hard but the bodies cannot stand the pace any more.

Guerra has been sensational, Fitzy very good, Barnett only moderately so, Ese'ese very solid and learning, Safitis fair way to go, King not sighted off Nobbys and Levi seems only interested in his own game of late. We desperately need a pair of solid props to add to our mix, with Glasby coming next year. Hopefully Moga will make a return and Ramien and Edrich Lee will fix one side, SKD is solid, Ponga brilliant and our halves Pearce and Watson will lead the side forward.

We need props Browny, props.