Round 22: Newcastle Knights vs New Zealand Warriors

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Jul 30, 2017.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Aug 5, 2017.
  1. Knights 13+

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Knights 1-12

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Warriors 1-12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Warriors 13+

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Sargent

What was with Hodkinson's shocking kicking straight to the sideline about 3 times. Horrid!

2. nunnsy

nunnsy Steve Fulmer

I have a theory about this if you believe in conspiracy theory's it's well known that the NRL wanted to move the knights. So the ref's kept rorting us so we would continue to struggle so the NRL could move us away from the Hunter. Now that west's is pretty much a done deal we get the calls the last couple of weeks.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

U missed the past 12wks? Been thegame plan the past 3mths

4. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

Ur on a new kind of drug :giggle:

Joey1245 and nunnsy like this.
  5. nunnsy

nunnsy Steve Fulmer

Ha ha I would hate to think it's true but just a thought I had before the west's thing was confirmed and bam we start getting the calls now that west's is pretty much confirmed.

6. Kim1ill

Kim1ill David Thorne

That was Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    It was gold. Those boys. We build a team around them. No doubt

7. Watcher

Watcher Matt Hilder

Well deserved win guys. I hope Nathan Ross is OK, hate seeing any player injured, no matter who he plays for. I am sure you can see how hard the Warriors are to support these days. The general feeling is if the team can'y be bothered why should we.

However, it is your day and I reckon another pre season with this team and Brown will have them real competitive next year. I truly hope so. All the best.

8. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

After all the years of over hyped juniors coming to nothing its nice to actually have one that is going to be a super star (if he's not already).

And he was playing park footy two and a half years ago. Never made a rep team.

9. Mr Goanna

Mr Goanna hung up on the glory days

man the Warriors are hopeless without Johnson, just aimless and random and clunky...so much for Foran stepping up and running the show, he does **** all. no surprise for me that the knights won and won well yesterday.

10. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mark Sargent

Yeah, I can't recall the team kicking for touch when on their 20m line from the centre of the field.

The kicks I refer to are the attempted chip kick that was half hearted and poorly executed, the cross field grubber (from memory) that looked to be an attempt to grubber to the in goal in the corner, but went out behind our attacking line, and there was another dud kick of similar thinking and outcome.

He was playing behind a pack that wasn't getting dominated and still coming up with poor last tackle options.

11. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Adam Woolnough

Confirmed ross has a back fracture

12. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Darren Forward

Project Manager
    Definitely Ugly and definitely a Win , that's what counts. Winning ugly is often part of the growth spurt a team needs.

13. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Darren Forward

Project Manager
    Guerra's style is lot more complex than it seems
    1. Left edge " commitment line runner" looks great I call that the hero position cause everyone who plays there become heros ( cordner, Hess like ) cause most halves naturally pass right to left comfortably.
    2. Right edge "defensive edge" cover the oppositions attacking weapons work hard to take heat off oppositions penetrations , limited power plays against " the Ferrari edge ".
    3. Off the bench - plays "Defensive strong arm " for middle third rotation, heaps of decoys only.

Knighted likes this.
  14. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

15. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    The decisions to make 4 points which what could have been 12 was what probably made the scoreline better looking for the Warriors. We were that much better it's not funny.

16. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Didn't see the game until today. Happy to admit to being wrong about Fitzgibbon. Obviously worked hard on his physique and the results are there for all to see.

Tasgirl and Joshhh like this.
  17. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I don't think Fitz has improved as dramatically as many are saying.
    He has improved, but he has been just about our best in reserve grade for 2 years.
    He just needed to get a bit fitter and spend some consecutive games in firstgrade to get up to speed, and he is now playing like he has been in reserve grade for some time.
    The one big thing that he is keeping under control is his temper - guy has been throwing punches at anyone who looks sideways for ages - it has actually cost us games in reserves.

beau likes this.
  18. Beatell

Beatell Charlie McAlister

Also helps getting good ball at the right occasions, that can't be undersold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Billy I respect your opinions greatly but if Fitzgibbon hasn't improved plenty I'll ride the bottom weight in this years Cox Plate.

20. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He's improved, but not off the charts improved. He's just gone from a very good reserve grader for a couple of years to a fair firstgrader.
    It's not like the Saifitis or Stone, who went from nowhere to firstgrade in a year.