Round 20: Newcastle Knights vs Sydney Roosters

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Jul 16, 2017.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Jul 21, 2017.
  1. Knights 13+

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Knights 1-12

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Roosters 1-12

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Roosters 13+

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. nunnsy

nunnsy Ben Rogers

believe or not we are about middle of the table for missed tackles, were we struggle is making meters

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Mick Jenkins

We struggle at everything which is why we are where we are.

I'm sick of seeing Gagai get the ball and completely ignore his winger.

Anyway, another loss. I do think we will see a win before the years out though.

Jekk likes this.
  3. danknights

danknights Darren Albert

Don't get me started on gagai. I thought hokko was poor. Didn't take on the line. Something he did well last week.
    Post#2000

Jekk and Tasgirl like this.
  4. Battler

Battler James Goulding

Y2K :cheer:

88Knight4life and Joshhh like this.
  5. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

The score was an unfair reflection of the game. We were in it for the majority of the game. Barnett and Sione were our best. Hodkinson, Lamb and Gagai were all disappointing.

The Roosters are a quality side and they showed it tonight. I thought Watson was excellent for them. We're really not that far off. Put the players that we've signed for 2018 in our 17 and it's a different result.

Simon Templar likes this.
  6. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams John Schuster

How did he not play more, he is not the best we have but due to injuries etc he is the best we got as back up should have played more. He might not be wanted next year but no reason to leave him short of minutes and make others carry the load

7. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams John Schuster

We tried hard, Hodko wandered about, can't remember a critical play, our best were Dan, Sione, Barnet, Ross, many others tried hard

Jekk likes this.
  8. Tubby

Tubby Robbie McCormack

I tend to agree unfortunately, I think the top teams only play as well as they have to against us which makes us look a lot more competitive than we really are. Put it this way, the Storm/Broncos/Cowboys/Sharks are a different team when they play each other compared to when they play the Knights

slotmachine likes this.
  9. listo

listo Evan Cochrane

Really? Well there's a bit of sarcasm gone wrong then :giggle:. I thought we'd have the worst for sure

10. EASBay17

EASBay17 Darren Treacy

For anyone who watched the press conference, can they explain what was meant by browny having a shot at robert dillon the journalist? Something about dane laurie and the knights?? Browny wasnt happy.

11. Mr Goanna

Mr Goanna hung up on the glory days

the bastard of it is that the roosters didn't even play that well...yes they're tough and physical but they made a tonne of stupid errors. did we drag 'em down to our level a bit? 'cos they sure as **** didn't look like a top four side to me...

12. nunnsy

nunnsy Ben Rogers

Yeah i have been thinking lately and people might laugh but i think our defence has improved out of sight we just do a lot more of it then anyone else because of lack of possesion. So i had a look at the stats before last nights games and we were sitting 2nd for amount of tackles made and had 6 teams that had more missed tackles than us. This morning i did a percentage calculation of tackles made vs missed tackles and we would be sitting 7th best with a tackle accuracy of 90.29% . Like i said were we really struggle is making metres sitting second last behind the tigers and only by 150m and they have not played yet we are also down near the bottom for offloads, line-breaks and try assits.

Our defense should approve dramatically with gagai gone he is 6th in the comp with 60 missed tackles this year. Unless we get maloney who is the worst defender in the nrl.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Joshhh and Frank McWilliams like this.
  13. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Dane Laurie has been charged with some serious crimes.
    Dillion wrote an article in the Herald about it, and the sub editor put the headline on it "Ex Knight charged with attempted murder" or similar. The article didn't really live up to the headline, but it did mention Laurie did a pre season with us and played in a trial.
    On the headline alone, it was a completely gratuitous cheap shot at the Knights.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4801570/ex-knight-facing-intent-to-murder-charges/?cs=4173

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    EASBay17, mozza and Tasgirl like this.
  14. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Josh King at starting prop 110 metres and 27 tackles - slightly less metres but a lot more tackles than Dan.
    Fitzy only 40 metres and 18 tackles, but I think he looked OK against a very strong pack. I won't be surprized if Fitz is in the prop rotation for the rest of the season.

15. listo

listo Evan Cochrane

He's a big lad Billy, I'd like to see him hit the line with a bit of a steam up though. With his size & aggression, he should be able to scatter a few

16. listo

listo Evan Cochrane

Did anyone else think Ferguson lifted his forearm in the Chanel tackle last night? The commentators kept talking about the shoulder but it looked more forearm/elbow to me, or am I just bias to my team?

Jekk likes this.
  17. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Steve Fulmer

Project Manager
    Totally agree does nothing wrong and is solid with no errors

18. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I thought the same thing, Was watching with the old man who is a dragons supporter and he also thought it was forearm/elbow

Plenty of people will see it differently I guess

Tasgirl likes this.
  19. Joey1245

Joey1245 George Mann

I don't think there was any malice in it Chanel was Deff in the wrong spot his head was in a terrible spot to complete a tackle on a bigger man

slotmachine likes this.
  20. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Agreed there was no malice or intent but imo he did raise the forearm