Round 13: Newcastle Knights vs Parramatta Eels

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, May 28, 2018.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Jun 2, 2018.
  1. Knights 13+

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. Knights 1-12

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Eels 1-12

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Eels 13+

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Well said. Gotta disagree about the GF part though. It’s a sure thing imo. Got my tickets last night.

Tasgirl and 88Knight4life like this.
  2. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

Sio is too slow put Ross on the wing..

Those passes ponga threw a faster winger has a hat trick!

Slades form has dropped...

Dsaf was good...

Levi needs to run more...

Cogger needs to run more...

Overall good win... but parra lost 4 players and already had confidence issues so lets not get too carried away.

Roosters tough

Storm tough

Few wins after that for sure then some players back as well.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Those passes? U mean the 1 pass that didnt need to be thrown? That was 3m in front of him?
    Even if he was flat he had 2 parra players right infront of him.

Ross is slow as well, just looks quick cause of midget legs

4. Jaybro

Jaybro Brett Grogan

I agree with everything except maybe the first two points, although I don’t completely disagree with swapping Sio for Ross I don’t think Ross is that much quicker.

I like Slade but I like Levi more and although likes the tactic of having a hooker who can play lock I just feel it’s a disadvantage for us when Levi and Slade are both on as Slade doesn’t really make much of an impact playing at 13. Just my personal opinion though.

And yes Danny needs to run more, that’s his strength if he’s not running from dummy half I don’t see what he brings to the side that Slade doesn’t ?

5. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Todd Anderson

Bunch of articles saying how D saifiti has come back well after being dropped, but he was never actually dropped!
    Brown refered to his drop ball against GC and now the paid journos are going on about saifitis come back
    Shows how good the media is

EASBay17 likes this.
  6. krustykraz

krustykraz Nathan Barnes

Hes was named at 18 for a game but ended up playing. That might be it.

7. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

8. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Senior Knights challenge Saifiti in Ese'ese's absence

Chris Kennedy
    Sun 3 Jun 2018, 10:46 AM

Knights prop Daniel Saifiti's whirlwind match-winning stint against the Eels on Saturday came after senior Knights forwards laid down the challenge to the 22-year-old to cover for the loss of form prop Herman Ese'ese.

Ese'ese was unavailable for the round 13 fixture at ANZ Stadium, won 30-4 by the Knights, due to a one-week suspension.

Saifiti was playing his second game back from a one-week dropping in round 11 that came on the back of some costly and uncharacteristic errors creeping into his game.

The big Fijian was one of his team's best in a poor loss to Cronulla last week before being best on ground in the big win over the Eels.

After the game, Saifiti revealed that after his round 11 wake-up call, it had been the challenge from his senior teammates that sparked his huge, try-scoring, 200-metre performance against the Eels.

"I had a couple of bad games [before I was dropped]. I improved last week then with Herman being out the boys challenged me to step up," Saifiti said.

"Herman's been our best prop this year and with him out I stepped it up a gear. Aidan and JB (Jamie Buhrer) told me if we want to win I have to step up.

"[They] challenged me with Herman being out. They just told me I improved last week but Herman's out this week and you're going to have to step it up a gear this week and I thought I improved on last week.

"I thought me and Ox (Jacob Lillyman) laid a good platform for the team and [Guerra], he played good as well. It was an all-round good performance from everyone on the field, the middles and the edges.

"To win like that, we probably haven't played like that in a while. [To get to 30-0 up] was a good bounce back from the boys. Now we move on to next week against the Roosters."

Saifiti said coach Nathan Brown had told him after the game that his demotion for the Titans game in round 11 was the best thing that could have happened to him.

"I've worked hard over the past two weeks and I think I've improved last week and improved again this week. I don't want to rest on my laurels though, we've got a big pack next week in the Roosters so we can step it up again hopefully," he added.

"Browny is always harsh with me but it comes from a good place, he tells me he knows what I can do because I've done it in the past.

"I expect a lot from myself as well, I'm probably my own harshest critic. There were a couple of weeks there where there were silly errors that I know is not in my game."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/03...nge-daniel-saifiti-in-herman-eseeses-absence/

9. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Think that was it, if not in 17 your dropped

10. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I don't know what the big mystery about Dan's slow start is.
    Same as Barnett, they virtually spent the off season doing laps of the oval with no upper body work, no contact etc.
    All the pop psychology bullshit about them needing to be dropped for motivation etc is just nonsense.
    They needed to play some football.

kdog1 and danknights like this.
  11. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Best case scenario he catch's it and gets belted into next week, I was cringing as it left his hands.

As @Billy has said repeatedly we can expect plenty of rocks and diamonds moments from Ponga first 50 odd games.

12. 88Knight4life

Ive said it 50 times also,
    The point im making is Sio shouldnt be blamed for a poor pass option

13. Billy

Probably the best thing about Ponga is that when he tries something and it doesn't go well, you think "he'll do that better next time".
    He is already a much better player than he was in round 1, and the sky is the limit.

14. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I had a dud Eel's supporter whinging to me this morning about the ref. He mentioned Dsaf's try. If FOX would have showed the pass from the front on angle a few times it was obvious it left Levi's hands going back

15. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Totes!

16. danknights

danknights Mark Hughes

Tell em to sulk elsewhere. We know what it feels like to be on the rough end of calls every time.

17. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I'm still waiting for my carton from the 2001 GF.

packo likes this.
  18. Billy

The funny thing about Ponga's pass to no one was that the commentators were having their usual orgasm over it and had to show it several times to see how sweet it looked.
    I suppose we should lap it up when the commentators aren't constantly bagging us, but it would be nice if they actually waited for him to do something good. They usually don't have to wait long.

19. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

If sio was flat and on his wing he hits it at pace, ponga throws a nice cutout pass and its his fault?

Why was ken so deep?

I agreed with the callers..

Also he caught one and got tackled...

And the intercept he took the fends made him look better...

He is SLOW...

I never said Ross to wing just someone faster!

20. 88Knight4life

Sio hitting the pass at pace but his slow :shrug:
    Yes it was Ponga fault, first set and throwing 20m flat balls to the wing, poor option and wasnt the right play.

slotmachine likes this.