Round 12: Newcastle Knights vs Cronulla Sharks

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, May 20, 2018.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed May 27, 2018.
  1. Knights 13+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Knights 1-12

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sharks 1-12

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Sharks 13+

17 vote(s)
    77.3%
  1. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    We lose, we lose, we lose
    The Knights we are so poo
    We let the opposition flog us again
    We never, ever surprise
    The forwards are pretty shyte
    The backs are a disgrace
    We are the worst football team that you will ever see, HEY!

2. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Knew we would get flogged. Crap effort. If results dont turn around when Pearce gets back we need to look at Brown.

Damo Levy likes this.
  3. nunnsy

nunnsy Graeme Foster

I have not seen a single comment anywhere f rom anyone blaming todays lose on the refs. If you were referring to my comment because that is the only comment i can see mentioning the refs. I was just stating what i seen today at the game no way was i blaming the refs for our peformance we were usless today. Was just saying that we dont need help to lose games we do a good enough job of that ourselves.

Joey1245 likes this.
  4. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Seeing how shattered they all were and hearing Ponga’s comments was a good sign. They know that today was unacceptable and there wasn’t any of the smiling and laughing sh*t we used to see with the Sims idiots.

5. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Nothing we weren't expecting. Which I guess is sad in itself.

In the second half, each time they scored, a few more thousand left the ground.

They should be ashamed of that performance.

I am wondering what Gardner is thinking now, at the start of the year his goal was for the Knights to win all our home games. I don't think anybody believed that would happen but it was a goal to aim for. The problem is, we are not even competitive, even at home. That has to have him asking questions.

Sure, we don't have Pearce, but Pearce being fit isn't going to fix our disgraceful defence. Does the coach get a pass due to Pearce being absent?

6. Matty23

Retail
    Pearce will easily help this team look 1000x better. Sure we may not win when he gets back, but at least we won’t look like totally twats like we have the past month.

Hope to Christ they don’t play anything like that when I come down to Newy for the chooks clash. That could be fun...

7. daniels

daniels George Carmont

I think we are really down on confidence at the moment, I think when pierce comes back we will lift a bit just from belief we will do better with him. We really need to start making an improvement on our defence though if we keep these efforts up and keep this flat footed defensive line where we just sit and wait for them to run holes we are never going to get better. We defend like we are a damn foosball table.

8. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    After a good nights sleep I still have no positives re that trash from yesterday. Disgusting effort.

I can cop a loss when you know where trying but we were beaten before we went out there, another soft try in under 3 mins set the tone for the day.

Not sure what answers Brown has, as we have ZERO people we can bring in so can't hook anyone, luckily we only have the Eels next week but I can't see how we can even beat them.

Matty23 likes this.
  9. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    If we are true to form we will play the Eels into form and they will go on a run.

10. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I can cop another ordinary loss. What I can't cop is no one looking after the 20 year old kid that's been just about carrying the team. Every time Lewis got the ball for the rest of the game he should have been hit with everything including the Nobbys light house but no we invite him to score untouched. Get Nappa here.

EASBay17 and Tim like this.
  11. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Stats

- The Sharks won possession 56-44
    - Both teams completed at 78%
    - The Sharks ran for 1,742m whereas the Knights made 1,197m
    - The Sharks racked up 552m post contact, We made 396m
    - Line Breaks were 8-1 to the Sharks
    - Tackle Breaks were 37-23 to the Sharks
    - Average play the ball speed for the Knights was 3.22s compared to the Sharks 3.74s
    - Massive difference in kick return metres with the Sharks making 212m to our 77m
    - Average set distance was close with the sharks averaging 47.1m to our 44.4m
    - Sharks made 12 offloads to our 9
    - Sharks made 352 kick metres to our 249m
    - We missed 37 tackles and had 17 ineffective tackles compared to the Sharks 23 missed tackles and 13 ineffective tackles
    - We had a tackle efficiency of 85.5% to the Sharks 87.6%
    - The Sharks made 9 errors to our 7
    - Sharks won the penalty count 8-6

* We only had 4 players run 100m or more. They were Ese'ese with 108m, DSaf with 129m, Fitz with 104m and Guerra with 104m. The Sharks had 9 players get
    100m or more and 6 of those got 140m +

* Worst offenders for missed tackles were Ponga, Sio, Watson, Cogger, Guerra and Buhrer who all missed 4 each, So between them they missed 24 out of the 37 total missed tackles

12. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    The worst statistc is our centres ran up out of the line in defence and tackled no one, yet they don't count as missed tackles. So obviously it is better to do nothing rather than try to tackle?

13. Matty23

Retail
    What makes things even sadder is knowing that we’re gonna lose to the last placed Eels in the next game and make them look like world beaters. This season has turned to crap in the blink of an eye.

14. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Maybe not the blink of an eye but a tare of a pec.

Matty23 likes this.
  15. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Those missed tackles, 24, were backs including Buhrer, forwards must overall have gone quite well, Guerra workload would more equate to reasonable as he probably had a high count, be interesting to see the full stats for individuals, might not be pretty reading

16. danknights

danknights Mark Hughes

3 out of those 4 you can't really have a dig at. Teams target halves so missing 4 in 80 minutes isn't too bad. Guerra is a defensive workhorse so can't really blame him but sio should be given a whip. At least he attempted to tackle. Unlike people around him.......

17. Thornborough92

Thornborough92 James Goulding

That was embarrassingly bad. I’ve never seen a half play so sideways like cogger did yesterday. Would catch it, take a few slow steps to the side and pass to someone who had 3 blokes ready to jump on him. Not to mention how slow the ball moved through the hands? Looked like they were throwing a watermelon to each other with the loopy rubbish passes I saw. Surely first grade footballers can spiral a ball into someone’s chest whose 6-7m away? Was absolute school boy sh1t.

I know we have no decent replacements for all the dead wood we seem to be carrying. But I’d rather have 17 blokes who all put in maximum effort then that rubbish I saw yesterday. The following need to be dropped
    Cogger
    Sio
    Buhrer
    Barnett (didn’t have a crack until 10 minutes left)
    Lillyman (jogs it and braces for contact)
    Truth is I’ve been one of browns biggest admirers for what he’s done so far. But the lack of skill and common sense this team shows is really poor, just simple defensive techniques seem to be non existent. Ask that side who played yesterday to pass from one wing to the other unopposed without dropping it and they’d of struggled. Where else do we look to when they are so incompetent then the coach? Changes need to be made both in who plays but also in our game plan

Matty23 and Frank McWilliams like this.
  18. danknights

danknights Mark Hughes

It's not about spiralling to the chest as thats what we were doing, it flat foots you. It's about putting the ball in front at the chest for the bloke or receiver running onto it. Spirals are for getting the ball wide and quick and should only go through clean hands. End over end and soft hands for fowards running hard or running lines. We can't seem to get any of these passes right and are so damn predictable in attack defences rush and stop it every time.

19. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    That’s half the problem. And I bet if Pearce was out there he’d be ripping into the forwards about it. But if you need your half to get you started over that then you shouldn’t be playing.

Beaumont likes this.