Round 11: Newcastle Knights vs Penrith Panthers

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, May 15, 2017.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed May 21, 2017.
  1. Knights 13+

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Knights 1-12

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Panthers 1-12

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. Panthers 13+

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

Feeney mite be ruled out through injuy.... did u not read the post i put up of browns thoughts?

2. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mine Coach's Say: Round 11

Fri 19th May, 11:25AM

nib Newcastle Knights coach Nathan Brown said confidence is rising after last Sunday’s win but the team can’t rest on their laurels.

“There has been a fair bit of good training by the guys, we haven’t always got it right but we’ve certainly been improving and after a win we’d be hopeful that our confidence is feeling a little better,” Brown explained.

“We came up with some good plays at the right time and nullified a few of Canberra’s moves.

“We got a win so we’re certainly happy but we still know we have a long way to go.”

After being defeated 40-0 by the Penrith Panthers in Round 4, Brown claims they’ll be hungry to get one back.

“The Penrith game was over after 25 minutes, probably the only occasion this year that has happened to us and we certainly were embarrassed that day,” said the Knights coach.

“We are playing at home and every game at home has been a pretty reasonable performance, where with a little bit better management or a bit better luck we could have won them all.

“Playing at home means a lot to all of the guys, there's a lot of local guys in the squad but the fact it is Penrith is probably added motivation, they certainly did embarrass us in our first meeting.”

The Knights coach admits it would be nice to get a win coming into the bye.

“I don’t think anyone likes to put in a bad performance coming into a bye, you don’t get another opportunity to play again for a fortnight,” Brown stated.

“Coming into a bye, we’d be expecting whatever team we put out there to put in a very committed performance.

“There is certainly a number of things you look at each week but we’d like to keep it as simple as we possibly can and have them execute it well.”

Last week, Brown backed Englishman Joe Wardle in the centres and has stuck with his choice for Sunday's match against the Panthers.

“Joe started his career in the centres and as his coach of Huddersfield in England, that’s where he played most of his footy,” said Brown.

“He is a bit similar to Sione (Mata’utia) who can play edge, back row or centre.

“Joe is happy anywhere... he just wants to be out there playing, his performance out there was good and we’d expect him to again do well this week.”

For the Round 11 squad update with coach Brown, CLICK HERE.

It's the last chance to see your Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium for six weeks, so join us at the game this Sunday with all three grades in action.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2017/05/19/mine_coach_s_say_rou.html

Rob and 88Knight4life like this.
  3. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Glenn Grief

TLDR :lol:

4. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

We wouldn't have beaten Canberra if we continued to put it over the sideline in the second half. How can you win if we kept following it & putting it dead?

They will jag a win here & there, with more confidence & experience they're attack will get better.

5. 88Knight4life

U farken what when?

6. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Glenn Grief

Too long, didn't read!

Geez man, get with the interwebs lingo.

7. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

Err that's a new one for me also 88. Don't feel like you're alone.

88Knight4life likes this.
  8. 88Knight4life

Ummm no lol

9. 88Knight4life

Im thinking its somthing @Kurriboy has just made up.... it wont catch on mate.

Just type the other 12 letters ffs

10. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I expect Elliot, Hodko and Randell will come in for Ross, Feeney and Tupou.

Barnett should replace King at lock, and King should be part of the prop rotation,

Barnett owes us a big game. His form dropped off a cliff as soon as he signed a contract. Usually i'd hate to see that in a player, but Barnett busted his guts to get that contract, and some drop off was only natural, but he owes us a big game now.

11. listo

listo Evan Cochrane

I managed to work it out without help & I'm as dumb as they come.

Yours I don't get though ya weirdo, why would he "just type another 12 letters for fireman Sam"?

12. 88Knight4life

Cause in case of fire... fireman sam my not arrive... being to busy trying to figure out what tldr means

listo likes this.
  13. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Glenn Grief

Actually I made it up a long time back, it's already caught on and is going like gangbusters on line.

How can you tell me to type 12 letters when people use didn't etc, where a ' replaces one character, two if you count the space!

14. 88Knight4life

Dont get technical im drinking :dude:

15. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Your so full of it mate from what I see and read most Fans are right behind Brown ...but we could go back to stone who had no idea what hard ball was ..

16. 88Knight4life

:thumbsup:

17. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Yes he did. He chose to bag Blow Job Leilua publicly while his mates did whatever.

18. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Ross and Tupou out of the squad.

19. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Feeney trained today also so may get another chance.

20. 88Knight4life

He should line up tomorrow!