LOWER GRADES

HOLDEN CUP: Newcastle Knights vs NZ Warriors - Sunday March 5th @ 9:45am
NSW CUP: Newcastle Knights vs NZ Warriors - Sunday March 5th @ 11:45am

KNIGHTS
WARRIORS
Nathan BrownCOACHStephen Kearney

UPCOMING MILESTONES

- Pauli Pauli requires 2 more games to reach 50 career games
- Sione Mata'utia requires 5 more games to reach 50 career games and 50 games for the Knights
- The Knights require 4 more tries to reach 2,500 tries scored

HEAD TO HEAD - OVERALL

Played - 36
Knights - 17
Warriors - 18
Drawn - 1

HEAD TO HEAD - MT SMART STADIUM

Played - 20
Knights - 8
Warriors - 11
Drawn - 1

NRL RECORD (1998-PRESENT)

Played - 34
Knights - 15
Warriors - 18
Drawn - 1

HEAD TO HEAD - THE COACHES

Games - 0
Nathan Brown - 0
Stephen Kearney - 0

FACTS AND FIGURES

* The Knights have lost their last 3 games against the Warriors
* The Knights have lost 15 out of their last 20 games against the Warriors
* The Knights have beaten the Warriors just 5 times in the last decade
* The Knights have only beaten the Warriors 3 times since 2010
* The Knights have lost their last 4 games against the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium
* The Knights have lost 10 out of their last 11 games against the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium
* The Knights have only beaten the Warriors once at Mt Smart Stadium in the last decade (Round 20, 2012)
* These 2 teams played twice last season with the Warriors winning both games by a combined score of 90-32 (40-18 and 50-14)
* The average amount of points scored in games between these 2 teams is 46.44 points per game
* The average Margin of victory in games between these 2 teams is 14.11 points per game

2017 SEASON STATS
KNIGHTSWARRIORS
-Position-
-Points Scored-
-Points Conceded-
-Tries Scored-
-Tries Conceded-
-Metres Gained-
-Line Breaks-
-Tackle Breaks-
-Errors-
-Kick Metres-
-40/20s-
-Offloads-
-Tackles-
-Missed Tackles-
* NRL Ranking in brackets

PREDICTION

New Zealand Warriors - 36
Newcastle Knights - 12
FTS - Solomone Kata
LTS - Ryan Hoffman
MOTM - Shaun Johnson
Crowd - 15,400

PENDING MILESTONES

- Pauli Pauli requires 2 more games to reach 50 career games
- Sione Mata'utia requires 5 more games to reach 50 career games and 50 games for the Knights
- The Knights require 4 more tries to reach 2,500 tries scored

OK Punters. How many games will ole Henry P referee us against his former Cubs, and will we get him at Auckland his home town first up?

Because we haven't got a game the week before, it might be a good chance to take the top squad for a short camp before the game.
Getting away from all distractions for 5 days or so might be just the way to start the season off well.

To be honest I just want to see visible improvement and the boys competing hard for 80 minutes

Not to worried about the result

RHugh89 100%

Just want to see a stern resilience in defense. I expect as as minimum standard to see as lot of effort, and im hopeful but not confident of seeing technical improvement in how they control the ruck and communicate in defense

I would be stoked to see the boys defend like a quality side. More than if they were able to score heaps of points

The signings we got for this season makes me feel more promised about our younger talents. 2018-2019 we will be a good side and to the future.

What's the bet we get stuck with Henry Perenara...

I think it's inevitable we'll struggle to win this game but as Rhugh said if we show signs of improvement especially defensively and stick it out for a solid 80 minute performance I'll be happy.

Is Foran right to play yet havent kept up with that ...If Foran plays we will get beat easilly if not it will be a close thing imo.

Yeah thats what worries me Johnson is a freak but not a general ...Foran imo is both and with Foran playing the leader Johnson could be anything. Im a big Foran fan and i think he is just what the warriors have been missing ...The warriors will be a completely different side this season with Foran there....imo Manly let the wrong half go if they had to let one go at all .

Luke , Johnson , Foran and RTS that's now a complete spine how would you like to have that spine at the Knights ....I hope Foran doesn't get to start his season till rd 2 ...

Unfortunately for Manly they actually let Cherry go and put Foran as there number 1 man, foz then used there offer to get the one he wanted at parra whom he then kicked in the guts and walked out.
Great player but a bit of a crunt if u ask me.
Manly were then very desperate and threw the bank at cherry whom is laughing at them now cause no matter what happens he will get 10mil over 10yrs with or without being a star he can be.

Back