REAL NRL: Newcastle Local Competition

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Lower Grades' started by Ms.Nobody, Apr 15, 2010.

1. supporter8

supporter8 Greg Smith

2. JoshW21

JoshW21 #RiseForAlex

Sports Trainer/Coach
    I know the season is over now but Central Newcastle have already recruited very well for the 2017 season

Jake Finn has agreed to join The Butcher Boys after a standout season with Wests Rosellas. Jake is a former Knight and played in the Knights NYC and NSW Cup teams (As well as Bulldogs NSW Cup and NYC) he is also traveling over to Samoa I believe this weekend with the NSW Country team.

Brad Murray has also signed with Central previously playing with Lakes United. Formerly at Roosters NYC and then played for Parramatta in NSW Cup. A good goal kicker and played a big role in the 2015 Lakes grand final win.

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Macquarie Scorpions played Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles in the first game of a new competition - NSW Challenge cup.
    Macquarie won 20-10.
    I assume it's a knockout comp involving country and lower grade Sydney sides to find a state champion.

4. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

NSW Challenge Cup Kicks Off

Fri 31st March, 02:30PM

Macquarie Scorpions and Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles will open the inaugural NSW Challenge Cup tomorrow (Saturday, 1 April), in a flashback to the bygone era, with the Grand Final to be played as the curtain-raiser to the last Country-City match in Mudgee on 7 May.

Four 20-minute quarters, unlimited interchanges and mid-week fixtures are part of the rejuvenated Rugby League knockout tournament similar to the Amco Cup of the 1970s and 80s.

The Scorpions and Sea Eagles will join the South Newcastle Lions, Wests Devils, Helensburgh Tigers, Guildford Owls, Auburn Warriors and Concord-Burwood-Glebe Wolves in the tournament.

The remaining Round 1 matches will be played on Wednesday night (5 April) with South Newcastle taking on Concord-Burwood-Glebe, Helensburgh facing off with Guildford and Wests going head-to-head with Auburn.

Nominated teams from CRL's strongest divisions in Illawarra and Newcastle and NSWRL's Ron Massey Cup and Sydney Shield competitions will feature in the eight-team tournament, bringing clubs from NSW country and city regions closer together.

The winning team will receive $15,000 in prize money, while the runner-up will take home $7,000, with every team receiving prize money.

NSW Challenge Cup – Round 1

Saturday, 1 April

3pm Macquarie Scorpions v Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles (Lyall Peacock Oval, Toronto)

Wednesday, 5 April

7.30pm South Newcastle v Concord-Burwood-Glebe (Venue TBC)
    7.30pm Helensburgh Tigers v Guildford Owls (McCreadie Oval, Guildford)
    7.30pm Wests Devils v Auburn Warriors (Parish Park, Figtree)

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/03/31/nsw_challenge_cup_ki.html

5. MOH

MOH Con Mika

President
  6. beau

beau Darren Forward

Nice to see Brendan o Hagen on the bench is he still with the Knights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I always thought Jake Lawrence would make it in the NRL.

beau likes this.
  8. landy97

landy97 Matt Hilder

No, he was not getting any game so he left, they sure could use him now

beau likes this.