?

Would you like to see any of these props in the Red & Blue next year?

1. Agnatius Paasi

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Albert Vete

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Danny Fualalo

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. bboy_555

bboy_555 Mark Sargent

Ok, so with our latest signings of Moga, Ese'ese and Watson (along with Ponga, Guerra and SKD), I think we all agree that our next signing or 2 need to be front rowers!!!

It's really the one place now in our team for 2018 where I don't think we are up-to-scratch. Assuming neither Guerra or Barnett move to the front row (do we think there is a chance this may happen with either?), the only props I hope to see running around again for us next year are D. Saifiti, J. Saifiti and Josh King.

Along with our signing of Ese'ese, there are 4 reasonably promising young props but we need one or 2 more to complete the engine room. Ideally we get Graham or Klemmer if the Dogs have to let one go but I think this is wishful thinking.

So what's left? We have Paea, Pauli Pauli, Stockwell, Starling and Tupou all coming off contract and to be honest I wouldn't be giving any an extension (Pauli would be the one I'd give 1 more year to prove himself after his accident if we can't sign anyone else).

The off-contract prop pool is reasonably thin now but there are still a few players I think would be handy. They are Agnatius Paasi from the Titans (25 years old, 51 NRL matches), Albert Vete from the Warriors (24 years old, 44 NRL matches) or Danny Fualalo from the Dogs (22 years old, 32 NRL matches).

Thoughts on these 3? Or are there any other off-contract props people are hoping we sign?

2. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Brenton Lawrence and Leilani Latu on the radar. Tim Grant also mentioned.

Jacob Lillyman is still a good player and well worth a 12 month deal imo. Rep experience and never gets injured.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

Brenton Lawrence is being looked at by the club,
    Joe Ofahengaue has been talked about as well,
    Albert Vete id take also,
    Paasi is another id offer 3yrs to.

Josh Starling will get a new 1 yr deal imo.

4. bboy_555

bboy_555 Mark Sargent

I don't really rate Lawrence, he's fast for a big man but does little work and is a hot head. Latu came out and said he's not leaving Penrith.

Lillyman, yes he's experienced but really he wasn't even very good in his prime, he's terrible now. I'd be disappointed if he was signed.

5. bboy_555

bboy_555 Mark Sargent

I can't see the Broncos letting us get Ese'ese and Ofahengaue.

Starling needs to go, falls over every time he gets touched by a defender.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  6. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

7. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Steve Linnane

I think we will keep at least two of those listed above as don't want.
    Starling because he is needed for experience even if it's reserve grade.
    Stock well for experience or Pauli for potential.
    Have plenty of young, u/20, players coming through but need experienced props as back up to likely best four due to injuries

8. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    We really need 2-3 props. If another goes down injured than we're in the ****. Paasi would be a decent signing, was great for the Titans last year. Graham is still someone we need to chase real hard for IMO, the dogs can't keep them all. Lawrence could play a Newton type role, not flash but does the job.

9. slotmachine

Has now re-signed with Broncs I think.

10. slotmachine

Would be our best prop. Easily.

11. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    I really fail to see the point of chasing Graham when we'd have to pay a kazillion and his necks shot, lets be patient and there will be the usual fire sale after clubs do their post mortems and pull out the Knifes during the offseason.

Also, if Fitzy wan't to see first grade next year he'll need some more strings to his bow, what about changing him to a middle no thrills Martin Lang style prop used for 35-45 mins a match? His certainly got the agro.

12. slotmachine

The talk for a while has been club going cold on Graham after the nerve issues then subsequent surgery.

I guess it depends if the price/length of deal is right.

13. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Scott Carter

Project Manager
    BB 555, Got to disagree with you on Lillyman ( dependant on Price ) , he is an experienced, tough no nonsense , bang it up the middle old style Prop - exactly what is need by the Knights to run foil for the Young brigade and show them the way forward during their development.

Another who fits this mould and is very underrated would be Aidan Tolman who also has a high work rate in defense, much better prospect than Graham.

14. slotmachine

Except he's signed till 2020.

15. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The two young props Brown brought from his days as a scout for Melbourne were looking very good early in the season, but have both gone missing in the last month or so.
    Jamayne Tanoua-Brown is a big, fit looking guy who had some very strong defence in reserve grade in the early rounds and was starting prop for a lot of games. Don't know why he isn't playing now.

Eddy T is the other one. Another big pacific Islander/kiwi prop. He was being used as impact off the bench in NYC earlier his year, and is averaging around 130 metres per game, which is about 40 metres per game more than any other prop this year. At least we know what happened with him - he is injured at the moment.

I suspect both these guys are injured and both are a chance at a senior contract next year.

16. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Scott Carter

Project Manager
    Yeah , Slots just read that , although makes you wonder why resign Tolman, yet try to off load your current Club Captain- something fishy there .

17. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

Current club captain has a major injury that will be on going now.

Tasgirl and slotmachine like this.
  18. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Steve Linnane

I really like Graham but injury, age make me very cautious about signing, not much else about but let's keep looking something might come up at season end, whoever needs to be better than our current back ups.

19. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

The Dragons have released Mose Masoe from the remainder of his playing contract, effective immediately.
    Thoughts? wouldnt be a bad signing for depth?

20. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

too quick, Just seen he joined Hull kingston Rovers