Pearce vs Mullen

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Damo Levy, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles Brad Godden

Obviously Mullo has fallen off the radar, does anyone know how he's been tracking?

More to the point, if he takes his time off to fix his hamstrings up and is keen to make a comeback (he could still have a couple of seasons left in him) would we take him?

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

My opinion. No!

3. kurtsux

kurtsux Tony Townsend

Think he done his dash unfortunately. Sucks to say as I had him always on a pedestal.

4. knights22

knights22 Adam Woolnough

Pearce is without a doubt the better half, and that's coming from a huge Mullen fan. Regardless of how good Mullen could of been, injury always halted his progress. Anytime he found form, he'd get injured within a couple of weeks. Saying that, when he had his good days, he was brilliant to watch.

5. Joel

Joel Touche...

His mug getting clawed by Matt Cooper was my profile pic on here for years and I had to take it down because of the feels. Bloody disappointed but you win some, you lose some. We got Pearce for only 150k extra or thereabouts so in the end it turned out alright I guess.

6. Tubby

Tubby Matthew Rodwell

Mullen had all the skills but too much noise between the ears. As Billy said I would take Pearce for his game management/coolness under pressure

7. Jaybro

Jaybro Brett Grogan

Pearce is/was a better player than Mullo

Yes they would have been a great halves pairing

I disagree with Billy, if Mullo was fit we could have had both. For an experienced half Mullo was on a fair wage. 650K ( according to reports ) that’s fairly cheap.

No chance Mullen returns to NRL or even ESL. Might come back to the REAL NRL if he wants to have another run, still has over two years to serve.

8. ~knightsgirljess~

~knightsgirljess~ LIVE LAUGH LOVE

NURSE- TEAM LEADER
    I was only thinking the other day how great it would have been to have had both of them out on the paddock.
    I really don't think we ever got to see Mullo's full potential and that's a shame.

9. Joel

Joel Touche...

It's was backended to be eventually like 850k, which is crazy money for his achievements.

10. Onemangang

Onemangang Robbie O'Davis

coal miner
    Mullens last play options were putrid! Couldn't get us a repeat set to save his hammy, Pearce is 10 x the player Mullen ever was