Our 1st big or convincing win of 2018

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Lockwire211, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Lockwire211

Lockwire211 Brian Quinton

Hey everyone
    Just been thinking about when our 1st big or convincing win of the season will come.
    I’m thinking either rd 16 vs the dogs at home or rd 19 vs the titans at home.
    What’s everyone’s thoughts?

2. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Any win is convincing enough for me brother.

3. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

I will take a 1 point win every second game for the season.

4. Wobbles

Wobbles John Morris

Agreed, 2 competition points earned in a thrashing or golden point win all count the same.

The best wins aren't necessarily the ones where we put on a cricket score, rather when we respond well as a team.
    Mind you though, it never hurts to improve the for-and-against difference.

Most of our games have shown a marked improvement, even our loss to the Dragons I thought we looked pretty good.

When we address the obvious deficiencies in the kicking game (especially without Pearce) we'll look far more convincing, plus when the big guys find where they've stashed their angry pills in the off-season and we start bashing guys in defense I reckon we'll go up a gear.

Ethan likes this.
  5. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

This. Our best wins aren't going to be a game where we put on a score against a lowly team. We still have plenty of issues to fix up, but the biggest convincing thing that points to light at the end of the tunnel, is our wins so far where we've gritted our way to victory, often times fallen behind but kept in the game, only to clinch it in the end. We haven't clicked yet, maybe we won't till next year when we get a fully fit Pearce & Ponga again, so 5 from 8 is quite good for a team that is yet to find it's feet.

6. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The win against Manly was the best kind of win.
    You very rarely get a win with the possession and field position going against you like that.

Having said that, sometime this year we will show up and the run of the ball will be very much in our favour and we'll run up a big score, and that will be a bit of fun.

7. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Don't think we have the side for a huge score/win against any of the sides even with Pearce in, happy to keep winning even if close but it would be nice to sit and relax, enjoy, the game with 10 to go and 20 up. Happy for us to win half our games so 3-4 over next 8 rounds will be good, won't complain if we have a bonus or two in that lot.

8. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I think we have a lot of points in us if things go well.
    Even our forward pack like Fitz, Guerra and the two hookers are known try scorers - and SKD has a surprisingly good try scoring record, as does Sio and Ross. Even Cogger is known to score a sneaky try if defences don't watch him - and Watson and Ponga are here to improve our attack.
    If we get on a roll, we have plenty of guys who know how to score a try.

9. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

I'm happy for the narrow wins, but I get the OP's point. Nothing more enjoyable than watching the team run riot on a hapless opponent. Seeing the team cut them to pieces with the backs streaming down field lining up to score the try. Ponga stepping through a team and in to the clear is something I salivating for but have not yet seen.

As I said, I don't mind these narrow losses but they are tense games. For once I'd like to enjoy a game knowing we have this and enjoy the ride.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  10. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd John Schuster

Asset Manager
  11. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Earlier today before seeing this thread I thought to myself we're due to destroy a team and it'll happen Friday. Ponga 4 tries.

12. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    All our wins are big!

13. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

we need to fix our for and against... so a couple big wins would be nice... we have had a few against us this year be nice to return the favor.