Official: Trent Hodkinson signs with the Sharks

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Kurriboy, Dec 7, 2017.

1. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

It's interesting everyone writing off Mitchell who is a year younger than Sione. I'm pretty confident Sione will never score a 60 metre solo try beating 5 defenders in the process. For that matter someone let me know when Robson does that too.

I have a theory on Sione that he has been doing senior-style training since he was very young, because his older brothers were already in the system and he seems like a very driven type of character. Meanwhile other 15 year olds were chasing girls and smoking behind the art block. Might explain why he was a lot better than most in the junior sides (Solomone Kata aside), but hasn't got much better since.

LEVR and Ethan like this.
  2. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    I wouldn’t judge what we should pay th next player by what other are on as far as gags and sione. Way over paid and this is how we’ve ended up in a mess.

3. slotmachine

It's a sunk cost. We could be paying $1m of Hodkos salary and it would be worth it to get rid of our 5th choice half.

4. Damo Levy

Damo Levy Glen Frendo

Better to pay him 465k to not play for the sharks than 800k to not play for us.

LEVR and slotmachine like this.
  5. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    I put it down to the fact that his game hasn't changed from playing against 18 year old's to playing against nrl players, hence getting his brains scrambled repeatedly.

6. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

Owen Cragie... Endless talent wasted on macaas and the drink...

Wobbles likes this.
  7. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

It's not a theory - 15 year old Sione was about 90kg and ripped like a firstgrader.
    15 year old Pete would have been 60kg wringing wet with pockets full of lead.
    15 year olds Chanel and Pat were skinny 70kg.

Sione would have been eating all the high protein foods and taking all the legal supplements his older brothers were taking as seniors, and spending hours in the gym. We have all heard the stories about how Pete didn't always have food other than white bread and his manager had to buy him boots.

slotmachine likes this.
  8. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

If Owen had been able to stay fit he would have ended up an immortal he had more footy talent than most 10 guys , but couldn't stay off the pies ..Such a nice guy too i was talking to him at Raymond terrace a couple of months back ...

9. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Gags is now the first winger picked in the Qld SOO side and plays for Australia that suggests to me he isn't over paid , even though i don't think he is much of a centre . Sione on $400,000 or what ever and Gags on $6 or $700,000 , Mitchell would be worth $600,000 imo the kid is a freak and people say he isn't fit or lazy at training , he's not carrying any extra weight and in the video he easily keeps up with Watson waiting for a pass ...That's not something a lazy trainer could do ...

10. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Mate, I do love a pickled onion, but pickled gherkins are my go to before bed.

11. LEVR

LEVR Banned

His defense in the centres is absolute garbage. And his effort in FG is perpetually substandard compared to his form at Rep level

700k+ is not good value for Gagai

He will play really, really well for Souths for about the first month of the year. It will be his rep form. Then he'll tone it down to FG form for the remainder of his contract

12. slotmachine

Seeing how Gags performs (and what position they play him) is something i'm really interested in this year.

13. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Gags would do well in a good side, offensively anyway. I think he stagnated here eventually after losing games every week for years. It's all been downhill since we made the finals in 2013. A true great player would never let their effort & form get stale of course, but some players can't keep it up. Souths don't really seem like a good side anymore so it could turn out to be a bad deal for both parties.

Lefty, Matty23 and Battler like this.
  14. Wobbles

Wobbles John Morris

Based on rep form (noted he's playing in a quality squad with less defensive pressure), his best position is on the wing.

Id like to see him line up outside of GI at the bunnies, that'd be a solid edge pairing.

LEVR likes this.
  15. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Today's Tele Gags quoted as saying he wants to play centre, his preferred position, I don't think Souths have two good centres even with GI to keep him from centre.

16. BargeArse

BargeArse Willie Mason

I think Gagai will play centre. I think they’ll play Inglis opposite him to try and extend his career. Leaves Alex Johnston for fullback.

17. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Too right mate, be interesting to see if we were the problem.

18. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Yes i agree about Gagai but for a rep player that's the sort of money you would expect and IMO Mitchell is and will be better than Gagai at least at centre ...To be honest I'm glad Gagai is gone 2 of the last 3 years missed more tackles than anyone in the team and 2nd worst the other year says a lot for a centre ...

Lefty likes this.
  19. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Gagai first winger picked for SOO sure. But honestly stick any winger with any speed on the wing for QLD and they score every try Gagai scored. Literally catch and score stuff.

Came in for the occasional run as expected of a winger and the commentators go wild.

No doubt he has the talent, for wing. Centre no so much. Imho he needs to be given the ball and sent on his way, anything more than that, has to create something and he is lost.

Lefty, Battler and LEVR like this.
  20. Battler

Battler Michael Reid

Agree. I wish him well, but I reckon Souths struggle this year so Gags better hope his reputation precedes him.