Official: The Wests Group buy the Newcastle Knights

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Billy, Aug 5, 2016.

1. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Will be interesting to see what Gardner brings to the table in the battle of the clubs vs NRL vs RLPA that's been taking place for seemingly forever. That and he has to run the Knights and the Wests. I reckon he will be like a David Gallop type where hes here for maybe 12-18 months before a new CEO is appointed when the dust has settled. Very excited to see what the Wests plans and visions are but I imagine they will get to work straight away in funding junior pathways developement programs and the clubs recruitment and retention strategy so guys like Jack Bird dont slip away with 3rd party deals

Tasgirl likes this.
  2. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Very good news.

I wonder who they will get in as head of football operations?

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

packo likes this.
  4. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Sombrero? Sombrero?

How dare you Billy have you not read Turdburg's press release all Clubs will be salary cap compliant next year lol? I know I know lol makes you chuckle!

5. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Not sure why they're complaining about the cap when they can't spend the money they do have?

6. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Brock Mueller

It does clearly say they are going to spend it. Id rather be in this position with money available than have spent it all for the sake of being cap compliant.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Matty23, Tasgirl, Joshhh and 2 others like this.
  7. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Wests wasting no time locking up those sponsorships, good to see. And good to hear they are on the move regarding membership drives as well.

8. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Yes have no doubt we will spend it, but still very early days. We won't buy a bunch of reserve graders in November to make it up. Hopefully some good players fall out of the tree over the coming months.

9. Ethan

Ethan Darren Albert

2 years ago did we even think we could be looking in this good a shape , we've bought some very good players we have some great young guys playing in 1st grade that have come through the ranks ...Wests now own the club we have a good looking team and still have $2,000,000 to spend , I have to say the Board , the club , the coach and the young players have all done very well .....

Tasgirl and Kurriboy like this.
  10. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Bit of a whisper that the state government are close to announcing 40 mill for RL centres of excellence, with Newcastle a good chance to get their 10 mill - so it might go ahead.
    Last mock up of it I saw had a cricket ground where the trotting track is now. With the stand for the trots and a new stand and some hills around it, it might be good enough for Big Bash games.

Wobbles and EASBay17 like this.
  11. bigdan

bigdan Red, Blue & Gold 24/7/365

Teacher
    Definitely a gee up. Raelene Castle is now in charge of the tire fire known as Australian Rugby.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

slotmachine likes this.