Official: The Wests Group buy the Newcastle Knights

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Billy, Aug 5, 2016.

1. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Nah, not being good at tackling.

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

3. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Nathan Barnes

Thats a lot of pressure on the club, top 4 result 4 out of 5 season on an ongoing basis is just not realistic. Putting pressure on the team and coaching staff to win every home game next year is a big expectation.

It's clear Wests expect results, as stated in the article, they will handle the finance part, the rest is up to the others within the club.

I'd be happy with top 8 4 out of 5 personally with a sprinkling of top 4. Each top 4 finish is a genuine shot at the premiership.

4. Volcom66853

Volcom66853 Chris Houston

Tbf he didn't say that was the expectation for next year. Just that he would be estatic if we did

5. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Nathan Barnes

Well, he didn't go far off saying it was an expectation.

I could be wrong, but my feeling of the town is to put in next year and climb the ladder, middle of the table result, knocking on the door of the top 8 would be a pass, making the top 8 outstanding. I don't think anybody is out there expecting us to win every home game.

MisterLevy likes this.
  6. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Go hard or go home.
    Wests should be going for top 4 every year.
    They won't get there, but if they aren't setting that as the goal, they are kidding.

7. listo

listo Leo Dynevor

All I saw in that was they want to be top 4, 4 out of 5 years. Instead of too much pressure, I just figured we are now like every other team in the comp

Battler likes this.
  8. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I reckon they should say we're going to win four premierships like tinkler. That worked out great.

Kurriboy and MisterLevy like this.
  9. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Well, no one wants to hear 'we'll do our best and hope to make the finals", might as well aim high and be professional which is something the team hasn't done/been.

I was tbh, hoping for hear of a full spread of things with their views on a variety of topics involving the Knights but I guess it's too soon for that considering they haven't done their due dilgence with the books yet.

10. member 2299

member 2299 Andrew 'Joey' Johns

Retired
    I don't think that will happen until they officially take over ownership come November 1.

It would be wrong to suggest Phil Gardiner would go into any transaction without due diligence.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 8:28 AM
  11. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Paul the Chief Harragon

modern burlesque dancer
    Nice to be in it to win it even if we don't.

12. Ven

Ven George Mann

Wests are a smart group of people, they don't do anything with a view to be average. It's in their best interests financially and reputation wise for the knights to be a top string side. They'll do everything in their power to make that happen

Tasgirl likes this.