Official: Rory Kostjasyn announces retirement

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Kurriboy, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Scott Conley

2. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Pretty disappointing but that's footy, just can't help injuries. Wish him well for his retirement and role with the club.

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

One article says he is going to coach the under 16s side next year.
    I think a fulltime coach for under 16s would be a great move.
    We have made the grandfinal 3 of the last 4 years in under 16s and won it twice, and the other year we finished 1 game short of the grandfinal. This year we were undefeated in the trials, regular season and the finals for something like a 15-0 record for the year.
    A fulltime coach who is a recent NRL grandfinal winner will get even more out of the squad next year.

4. Knighted

Knighted Matt Hilder

Engineer
  5. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Scott Conley

Not sure how this is a signing or a rumoured signing. Which is why I put it in the other section.

Anyway, I am guessing this will free up some additional salary cap space for next year now.

6. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Steve Linnane

So does retiring mean no further payment or is he invalided out with payment that doesn't count on our 2018 cap.
    Very sad way to end a career am sorry he didn't get to play the role he was brought here for, wish him all the best in the future.

7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    I'll be quite honest yeah I feel a touch of sadness for his circumstances but I feel no connection with him whatsoever.

Lets hope our insurance foots the bill so it doesn't cost us money elsewhere.