Official: Knights sign Tautau Moga and Herman Ese'ese

Ese'ese getting through a ton of work and moga defending in the middle then coming out for the last two tackled both big bodies which is what we need

Next yr possibly
1 Ponga
2 SKD
3 Moga
4 Pete
5 Ross

vs
this yr
1 gagai
2 Sio
3 Elliott/Wardle
4 Pete
5 Ross

I know which one id rather right now!

Next yr possibly
1 Ponga
2 SKD
3 Moga
4 Pete
5 Ross

vs
this yr
1 gagai
2 Sio
3 Elliott/Wardle
4 Pete
5 Ross

I know which one id rather right now!

Browny may as well hand in his resignation now if he's going to play Moga and SKD in the same side.
The last time they played together, the Roosters finished 3rd last.

Newcastle sign Broncos duo Tautau Moga and Herman Ese’ese in $2 million poaching raid

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
June 25, 2017 5:20pm

THE Broncos have been rocked by a $2 million poaching raid from NRL rivals Newcastle with Tautau Moga quitting Brisbane and boom prop Herman Ese’ese set to join him at the Knights.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Broncos are $500,000 short of Newcastle’s three-year, $1.4 million offer for Ese’ese, rated by teammate Benji Marshall among the best young props in the code.

Ese’ese had privately decided to leave Brisbane on Saturday morning, but the Broncos appealed for more time.

A selection sweetener arrived just hours later when the 110kg prop was named in Brisbane’s starting side after the late withdrawal of Korbin Sims (groin) in their 30-20 defeat of Canberra.

Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett accepts he has lost hulking centre Moga, with the Broncos unable to compete with Newcastle’s multi-year package.

While they were hopeful of retaining Moga, the Broncos have a classy left-centre replacement in NSW Origin sensation Jack Bird, who arrives next season on a four-year deal.

But of greater concern to Bennett is the prospect of losing Ese’ese, who has fielded the most lucrative deal of his career from the Knights after just 23 NRL games.

The 22-year-old underlined his potential by charging for 126 metres against the Raiders. Bennett is fighting hard to retain Ese’ese, but Newcastle coach Nathan Brown is confident he has stolen Brisbane’s most dynamic rising prop.

“We want to keep him,” Bennett said.

“He wants to stay so hopefully we can sort it out.”

Ese’ese is on $170,000 this season.

Brisbane have increased their offer to $275,000 next year, but unless they match Newcastle’s deal, the Kiwi Test hopeful will follow Moga to the Knights in 2018.

Broncos five-eighth Marshall said losing Ese’ese, who has amassed 1468 metres from 14 matches this season at 104m per game, would be a major blow.

“I have roomed with Herman and he is one of the best young front-rowers in the game,” he said.

“His ability and the way he carries the ball, his footwork ... he is the full package. Herman has a massive future.”

Moga has enjoyed the best season of his NRL career this year, playing 15 consecutive games for the Broncos and bouncing back from the trauma of three knee reconstructions.

The 23-year-old has an option in his favour for next season, but with Moga on a basic second-tier deal worth around $70,000, Brisbane are hampered by salary-cap constraints.

Bennett conceded he wouldn’t be surprised if the 104kg flyer chases a more financially-secure future at the Knights.

“I am hearing those whispers (that Moga is leaving for Newcastle),” Bennett said.

“If that’s the case, so be it ... until someone tells me officially, we will do our best to keep him.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/knights/newcastle-sign-broncos-duo-tautau-moga-and-herman-eseese-in-2-million-poaching-raid/news-story/0e2ce06145bec032c7a3c5ddd8aa956b

yes - and are currently in talks to extend their contracts - which might mean an upgrade for the rest of 2017 and 2018 so we can pay them a bit less than other clubs would have to for 2019 and beyond.
I like especially if we confirm ese'ese I just think we need an old head even a tagatese would be a good get

I like especially if we confirm ese'ese I just think we need an old head even a tagatese would be a good get

Accuse me of being too cynical, but I honestly think we're screwed if we only add Ese'ese & a journeyman like Tagataese to the front row. Our team will continue to get torn apart like schoolboys with no confidence or strength & after 3 years of that, guys will start deserting ship, Brown will be chased out of the place & the light at the end of this tunnel will keep getting farther away.

Accuse me of being too cynical, but I honestly think we're screwed if we only add Ese'ese & a journeyman like Tagataese to the front row. Our team will continue to get torn apart like schoolboys with no confidence or strength & after 3 years of that, guys will start deserting ship, Brown will be chased out of the place & the light at the end of this tunnel will keep getting farther away.

But we haven't only signed them we have experience coming in with Guerra (who I know isn't a world beater but is nrl quality) bruher! The saifiti boys will only get better and better ese'ese is averaging 100m a game the forwards are starting to take shape! Let's have some positivity everyone when your on the bottom the only way is up

But we haven't only signed them we have experience coming in with Guerra (who I know isn't a world beater but is nrl quality) bruher! The saifiti boys will only get better and better ese'ese is averaging 100m a game the forwards are starting to take shape! Let's have some positivity everyone when your on the bottom the only way is up

Esse is averaging a 100metres off the bench most times don't forget.

Back