Official: Knights sign Kalyn Ponga on a 4 year deal

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Lockwire211, Nov 5, 2016.

1. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Munster could turn out to be an immortal. But as it stands, there's a lot about his game that we don't know.. For instance, we dont know if he's just a runner of the ball or if he is capable of steering a team around the park and winning games for his team playing like a half without being carried by Smith, Cronk or whoever else

Munster is a good player but his tasks have been very basic. So I think it's unfair to compare him to a player like Maloney. They're world's apart imo

That being said, who knows how Munster will develop

2. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

He thinks so. He puts forward an opinion, someone disagrees and gives counter points, at this point he goes off on a semi related tangent and says he’s won the debate.

This whole thing started with him saying that the current Queensland was a team of immortals, then back tracking and saying it’s all Thurston and Smith’s doing and that NSW will dominate upon their retirements.

He then cherrypicked parts of the debate re Munster (conveniently overlooking that he called him a nuffy despite him having one of the most impressive Origin debuts in memory) and went back to the initial point of Queensland’s dominance being solely on the back of JT and Smith (which it hasn’t really, they are huge parts of it but to say they’re the sole reason is pretty disrespectful to the other greats players involved).

So in summary no he isn’t always right.

3. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    :lol: at Maloney and Pearce being better than Morgan..

You say Croft is an unknown because of his lack of gametime but talk up Ponga like there is no tomorrow. Croft has steered his side to an NRL win in the NRL already. That's more then what Ponga has done...

No doubting Ponga's ability but can't have it both ways in your argument.

QLD's options in the halves are fine. They are many talented players to step up that are the equal of NSW. To say otherwise is insane.

Joey1245 likes this.
  4. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Both have won premierships and had much longer term success than Morgan has.

No one is saying Ponga is the next GI we are saying he potentially could be anything as most experts agree, wether he will be who knows.

Like I said put Morgan in Pearce's and Maloney's situation and see how he fly's. At club level both are well above him at this stage of his career.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    danknights likes this.
  5. Lord of the Skraelings

Maloney was at 5/8th, Munster was at center so yes.

6. LEVR

LEVR Banned

I was responding to Munster/Morgan vs Pearce/Maloney. Not Morgan as an individual

Re Croft, again if you read what I wrote im not having it both ways. I made no claim either way about either player. I said Ponga 'could be anything' while agreeing that Croft looks good but disagreeing that we should accept his name as sitting along side current QLD rep players...

7. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Please read what I wrote. I called them "greats" a couple times. Then later referred to them as a 'team of immortals' clearly tounge in cheek

8. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Don't know about tongue but it was certainly cheek

LEVR likes this.
  9. Lord of the Skraelings

Love this place lol

Joshhh likes this.
  10. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Hey I'm passionate about NSW, I can't sit by while some peeps try to pretend that Munster, Boyd, Morgan and Gagai are something to be concerned about.

Legitimately, there are stronger spines currently in the NRL

11. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

There was nothing tongue in cheek about it. You said the wrong thing and won’t admit it.

12. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Mozza my man, one of two things can be true. Either I truly meant to say that every member of the QLD team is a future immortal, or, I was using hyperbole

I let you decide

13. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Lies. Tim Glasby is a future immortal and you know it.

14. LEVR

LEVR Banned

15. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Kenny is trying to convince us his skittles are gold nuggets.

16. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Morgan has won a premiership and took a so called one man team to the grand final against all the odds.

Morgan is easily the better player then both Pearce and Maloney. To suggest otherwise is insane to say the least.

17. LEVR

LEVR Banned

If Morgan is the better player, why then is Maloney picked before him in 5/8th role as first choice injury cover? And by Mal, no less

Why is his contract worth more? Why has he won more premierships? Why does he have a higher win percentage of career games played?

You'll notice they're all questions, for the reason that I wouldn't make a claim either way as to who is the better player. Objectively its very difficult to split them. Although I might be inclined to agree with you, I wouldn't be sure of it

So to say it is insane to disagree with you is showing your cowboys bias imo. Which is understandable, I do the same with players I'm passionate about

18. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Morgan was first choice 5/8 at the World Cup. Maloney only got a game when Mal rested Morgan. Or was that another tongue in cheek comment?

slotmachine likes this.
  19. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Didn't watch the world cup tbh. Was going off the previous 2 years. But I'll take your word that it was the case in every game. But given how well Morgan played in the 4 games of the finals, it makes sense

Notwithstanding that, my point remains the same

20. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Don't know who will become the regular/consistent number 1, 6, 7 and 9 for QLD when the current players are gone, next season or two, but I do know they won't be as great, brilliant and dominating as Slater, Thurston, Cronk and Smith.
    From a NSW point of view our chances of a series win over the next few years has increased dramatically for as good as the replacements will be they won't be as good, at least for a few years.