Official: Knights sign Kalyn Ponga on a 4 year deal

Ross will be on the wing I have no doubt. After the big signings of Ponga and Watson (especially Watson) if we hit round one if they are not playing the 1 and 6 questions will be asked!

Ponga would be the exception and if the NRL had sevens or nines or whatever next year the buzz around Ponga would be off the charts and he'd be a certain starter.

I don't expect them to walk in to the club and no matter what own the jersey. But, if they are the talent we believe they are, they will have the drive and skill that any thought of not starting them in their respective jersey would not even be a consideration.

I am more confident that Watson will be ok but concerned a bit with Ponga, no doubt both are very talented players who will have preseason games to prepare and be ready for round 1 at 1 and 6, it's the week after week playing under pressure that concerns me due to youth. It will be a struggle to retain form especially in second half of comp

I have no idea why you'd want that, terrible at centre. Ross isn't a centre either.

Judging by the pursuit of Beale they want a new centre to take Gagai's spot. SKD and Ross on the wings.

Exactly two top wingers, 1 potentially great centre, last piece of the puzzle is another centre.

I struggle to see why you would weaken another position by moving someone great at to the centres.

And good grief Sione couldn't keep up with the pace before at centres, now we want him to lose all his muscle and bulk in the hope he can get quicker than he was before, yeah that works.

So no Smith, Slater, Cronk, Thurston...

But they have Munster, Croft and Ponga coming through...

NSW better a get a few wins together soon before the next QLD dynasty begins... QLD are lacking forwards though

Lmao there is no QLD dynasty to come. What just occured was a total anomaly. 4-6 greats playing in the same period not missing a game for 12 years. It doesnt happen

Croft and Munster are absolute nuffies compared to those blokes, and would likely fail as individuals in a team without those greats

NSW will go back to winning a slight majority of all games like they did for 20 years before QLD fluked a team of immortals that never got injured

QLD are in good shape. Maybe we will never see a powerhouse like that but they have a good system.

Boyd, Gagai, Morgan, McCullough, Munster. They will be fine.

[QUOTE="LEVR, post: 474960, member: 2429]NSW will go back to winning a slight majority of all games like they did for 20 years before QLD fluked a team of immortals that never got injured[/QUOTE]
Every single one of Queensland’s great players have missed games throughout the last 11 years. Smith, JT, Slater, GI, Scott and Cronk. A few have missed entire series.

[QUOTE="LEVR, post: 474960, member: 2429]NSW will go back to winning a slight majority of all games like they did for 20 years before QLD fluked a team of immortals that never got injured
Every single one of Queensland’s great players have missed games throughout the last 11 years. Smith, JT, Slater, GI, Scott and Cronk. A few have missed entire series.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the two blokes who may actually become immortals. Smith and Thurston

Between them they missed a small handful of games in like 13 years

Slater, Cronk and GI have been injured mostly later in their career.

But really, by anyone's measure, they've been incredibly fortunate with injury

QLD are in good shape. Maybe we will never see a powerhouse like that but they have a good system.

Boyd, Gagai, Morgan, McCullough, Munster. They will be fine.

Lol that's marginally better than a club side.. Most of the teams the Storm have fielded in the last 10 years look stronger than that. It's not gonna win QLD a series

QLD will make the same mistake NSW made in completely underestimating the loss of great players like Johns and Fitler

Yeah. Nah. You said team of Immortals.

Just above the paragraph you quoted I refered to them as greats

Then *uses hyperbole once*

Lol.. Which are actually gonna be immortals? Yeah exactly. I clearly wasn't referring to Scott, or Cronk, or GI

Regardless. With the likes of Ponga, Croft, Milford, Morgan, Munster and Taylor all available long term in creative positions, Queensland have far more quality in this area than we do unfortunately.

I disagree man. Ponga could be anything. But as far as the other players go, NSW have them covered imo.

Croft is literally a nobody. He may be FG standard, but tp suggest he is rep quality is premature. Morgan and Munster aren't any better than a Pearce/Maloney combo. If the Aus coach wasn't a QLDr neither of Morgan or Munster wpuld be anywhere near a int Jersey imo

Taylor ain't any better than Clearly imo

Despite that, we blow them away in the backs and the forwards. Completely and utterly.

Back