Official: Knights sign Kalyn Ponga on a 4 year deal

Looking at his wiki page - it sounds like he comes from a mining family - born in Port Hedland, moved to places like Mount Isa and Mackay - those are all mining centres.

It also sounds like his family is happy to move around, looking for employment opportunities.

I think a mining family would be more at home in the Hunter than Sydney or Brisbane. Not many mines in Sydney.

I'd be amazed if he signed for you guys. Would be way better than the Broncos but I just don't see it happening. 99% chance he goes to Brisbane in my opinion.

What's his career pathway at broncos with Boyd and even Kahu ahead of him? Think he'll stay in Townsville personally

What's his career pathway at broncos with Boyd and even Kahu ahead of him? Think he'll stay in Townsville personally

I like our chances not many clubs could offer 500k a year first choice fullback long term and also his family job opportunities with mines, Newcastle is a great place to live really most players that sign with the Knights end up living in the Newcastle after their careers

Why is everyone pumped up on a rookie who has played 2 games and nearly scored a try demanding for $500k?, its laughable and we'd probably be dumb enough to do it.

So many hyped up kiwis fail to live up to the hype it's not funny

When we signed Constantine Mika we got told 'you just signed the best kid in NZ'

etc

People are idiots

Anyone who has watched the kid play can see he's going to be a superstar. He looked excellent in First Grade semi finals playing out of position at 18 for christsake.
We can't keep signing other clubs rejects and expect to get any better. It's nice to hear we're trying to sign an in demand player with ton of talent as opposed to a guy at the back end of his career with no other options.

My names cowboysman an I will derail a thread by saying how it always relates back to the cows.
Jesus get a grip. The thread is about us being interested in a player who plays for the Cowboys and the point he initially made was alluding to the Broncos and us with no mention of the Cowboys.

Lord is the forum bully. Mostly toward cowboyman. He is the Lord of the little people after all. Must be small man syndrome.

IF Ponga Wanted to come here would he ask for an early release he isn't likely to play much 1st grade and no F/B at the cowboys . If Brown has promised him F/b from the start , I would think he would ask for an early release and if so he would want to do so soon so he can have a pre season here , so either way we should know soon .

If he is going to sign here for 2018 he may aswell come now and get straight into it, would barely be getting a start on the wing next year for them

Back