Official: Knights release Boyd

Would you be happy to see Darius Boyd stay at the Knights ??

• Yes

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Not concerned either way

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what we paid him out yet? Things sound suss to me, I don't think we got out of it for free...
He won't say and the club won't say, so we'll never know, or not till the annual report at least.

I see he is only getting 400k a season at Brisbane. No doubt with Brisbane sandwiches in brown paper bags chucked in.

I'll be dirty if Gidley gave him a top up to help him get over his "ordeal". Given that I can be a real stubborn *rsehole with things like this, I'd have preferred to pay full price & have him on the wing in NSW cup than give him a single cent to go

It's actually not the money that bothers me, it's the fact that he will go to the Broncos and play like an absolute champion. It will well and truly be painful to watch.

Why? He's not our junior, we didn't develop him. He's a sooky little hired mercenary. Don't give a stuff what he does or how well he play as long as it's not in our colors

Because we payed all that money the last few years and got zip out of him, because I can only assume he didn't want to be a Knight, then he will go to the Broncos supposedly on less money and play out of his skin.

It just irks me.

Career best form coming up for Boyd at the Broncos. The guy is a world class fullback when he wants to be and he'll prove it to everyone next year

I really do hate the guy though. Such a douche

Eh even if he does go well he will always not be in the more elite class of Slater, Stewart GI etc, at his best even when he was a fullback for the dragons he was solid from the back and a strong runner. Still overrated and again not in the class of above and probably others,

I don't even rate him above gidley. Being that gidley had always given his all and boys gave what he could be bothered

According to Toohey in the Tele today, Boyd got a payout of over 100k which comes out of our 2015 salary cap, talked down from the 250k he was after.

He had us over a barrell because he could have kept to his contract and got 600k from us to put in a halfhearted effort.

Boyd blackmailed the club and won because we had already committed most of his cash to secure new signings. If Boyd stayed on the bench as he threatened, the Knights would have to pay him AND the other players we'de recruited, blowing out the salary cap. Just glad to be shot of him and Bennett, but we need someone to run straight over the top of Boyd when we take on the Broncos and win the game to prove our point. If we beat only one team next season - it HAS to be the Broncos!

Boyd blackmailed the club and won because we had already committed most of his cash to secure new signings. If Boyd stayed on the bench as he threatened, the Knights would have to pay him AND the other players we'de recruited, blowing out the salary cap. Just glad to be shot of him and Bennett, but we need someone to run straight over the top of Boyd when we take on the Broncos and win the game to prove our point. If we beat only one team next season - it HAS to be the Broncos!

Can I get an Amen

How's this for a headline :lol:

Boyd the ******.png

I hope Boyd's form is really bad next year and the Bronco supporters start questioning why he was signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back