Official: Dane Gagai leaving the Knights

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, May 22, 2017.

1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Andrew 'Joey' Johns

That your butthurt?
    Dozen good games, yet makes the best side in history, wins player of a series, breaks many records in a diabolical football side.

Id love to see how positive u would after a few yrs in a job where no matter how muchbu try the reward is zero.

2. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Yeah 600k a year is zero reward. Not Butthurt here I’m glad to be rid of him. He’s still costing his club side points with his terrible defence.

3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    88 he was awful for us, there is no way of dressing it up, he has been awful for Souths so far there is no way of dressing it up.

LOL mate, most people come in and do jobs with little expectation of pats on the head or promotion, I gather your self employed mate, so probably don't understand what its like being an employee in most organisations, yet it is NO excuse not to put in a good days work each day.

4. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Play him on the wing I don’t know why it’s so hard to figure out.

Kurriboy likes this.
  5. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    He was one of Bennetts players and once Bennett left he phoned it in like many others, just thought he’d be better at a new club, seems not

At least he never kicked the Knights when they were down just kept turning up each week and never asked for a reelase and honoured his contract when he could have kicked and screamed until he got one. I respect him for that and wouldn’t boo him playingagainst us

6. Lord of the Skraelings

$900k plus for a winger is hilarious.

7. Ethan

Ethan Sean Rudder

Was'nt it $700,000

8. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Josh Perry

No matter what he is paid better getting value out of him on wing than getting very little playing centre. I have no doubt that if he had stayed here he would be playing centre, he is earning big money as a SOO player so to justify it they play him centre.
    Rather pay $700k for good winger than for dud centre.

packo likes this.
  9. Lord of the Skraelings

I heard $950k as we offered $800k and Brown said we couldn't compete with the Rabbitoh's offer.

10. Wobbles

Wobbles Steve Linnane

With the exception of the odd moment of brilliance, Gags never really showed the form at club level than in rep games.

When surrounded by a team of champion players and on the wing a lot of his defensive weaknesses were less exposed.

The best players typically display the same consistency and class no matter which team they're in, not just on the big stage.

Gags would certainly do well week-to-week in a team like the Storm, but most guys would. At a club like Souths he was always going to struggle.

11. Thornborough92

Thornborough92 James Goulding

We all know he’s going to come up here next week and absolutely put us to the sword. Wouldn’t be a returning former knight if he didn’t play his best game against us

12. 88Knight4life

Pretty sure it was 700k,
    We offered a upgrade on the contract he had which was 500-550k

13. 88Knight4life

Yeah but Gags will walk around and thank the knights fans and what not as he loved the town and club.

Lefty likes this.
  14. Thornborough92

Big deal, I’d prefer him have a shocker and walk off being a sook then tear us to shreds and give a few hi 5s and a couple of photos

15. Thornborough92

End of the day we offered him a more then fair deal, especially when he struggled to string back to back good games together and was a huge liability defensively. Yeh he might of stuck out his contract but that’s what contracts are for, don’t have a problem with the bloke unless he’s got a maroon jersey on but I’m not going to be standing around after the game thanking him for what he did for the club

Lefty likes this.
  16. Beatell

Beatell Dean Carney

Exactly but that's where he should be playing and payed accordingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

Whatever we offered him I am glad he didn't take it. At club level he played centre, is ordinary. Gags is one of those players where if you look at the stats he looks great, most tackle breaks etc, but for all that, he doesn't really do anything.

He gets the ball and is damn hard to tackle thats for sure, but that is because he is constantly running to the line and baulking, crabbing sideways and evading tackles, but not going forward. I got sick and tired of seeing Gags get the ball and squander chances to get his winger away down the sideline, he'd keep the ball and crab his way back in, or he would fail to commit the opposition winger when there was space and give the ball to his winger with nowhere to go, thats if he didn't straight pass it to the sidelines.

At Origin level, playing with an absolute team of superstars he did his job, he caught the ball and put it down over the try line, which in the vast majority of his tries was all he was asked to do. He came in from the wing and took hitups as expected of a winger these days. Thats it.

He is one of those players commentators love no matter what he does. For Souths he hasn't scored a try in 8 games. Yet the commentators were talking him up during the broncs/souths match last night.

I'm real happy Souths are paying his asking price now. He can continue to be ordinary for club level and score spectacular tries on the wing for QLD where he just has to catch and score.

Good luck to him.

Lefty likes this.
  18. 88Knight4life

Its called respect, id rather that than a BJ Leilua that rips the club apart ever time he gets asked about the club or the town or the fans

Lefty and Beatell like this.
  19. Beatell

Beatell Dean Carney

Absolutely the one thing you can't bag Gahs about was he was a great clubman for us and respectful to the game club and fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wobbles and 88Knight4life like this.
  20. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Not sure why so many are giving it to Gagai. He has moved on. While at the Knights he gave it his all for a team that was full of kids. Had many of chances where he could of thrown a tantrum and demanded a release like several before him but he didn’t.

Simple fact is he can’t defend. Doesn’t matter what side he plays for that ain’t going to change. Put him at centre in origin and he will get shown up there as well.

rhugh89, 88Knight4life and Beatell like this.