Off contract options

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Thornborough92, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Jaybro

Jaybro Shane Mackley

Rumour that Melbourne will have a crack at Sezer

I won’t be surprised to see Croft end up at Broncos, he’s a Queenslander and seems to be on the nose at Storm

2. BargeArse

BargeArse Willie Mason

Sezer would blossom at Storm under Bellamy and playing alongside Slater, Smith and Munster.

I’m a fan of Sezer dating back to his Titans days. Would love to see him playing 7 for Storm. If not, 7 for Broncos paired with Milford.

3. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Dan is when he has a go. Up and down like a yoyo. Dropped to bench this week.

4. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Prior to season start think we were all saying our pack looked good and strong, some are in need of a good kick up the bum

5. nunnsy

nunnsy Craig Gower

Our pack has been the biggest dissapointment for me aswell. Esse Esse is the only one playing to potential.
    Dan was averaging close to 150m a game at the back end of last season.
    Lillyman was averaging over 100m a game last season.
    Jacob was averaging over 100m a game at the back end of last season.
    Dan has been good the last two weeks and looks like he is building in to the season nicely.

6. slotmachine

Lillyman's 2017 form would be nice to have, or eben 80% of that.

7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Lillymans stolen a pay cheque from us. Slipped through the cracks and came here for a retirement pay cheque.

8. slotmachine

Don't think it's that lord, tore his bicep at the end of last year.

9. Frank McWilliams

Then he should get it fixed or at his age retire

10. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Have to admit it did seem to go against his character bludging, if his busted up, surprised he got past the medical.

11. BargeArse

BargeArse Willie Mason

The two guys I was excited about seeing develop further this year were Dan Saifiti and Mitch Barnett. Both guys have been big disappointments, IMO.

danknights and packo like this.
  12. Frank McWilliams

I think that generally our pack from last season was a bit overrated which has carried over to this year and Esee is showing us that, he has been far and away our best forward for consistency yet was just another forward in a good pack at Broncos. Dan has been disappointing but coming back, Fitz is the improver, JSaf, Barnett, King and Yates are good reserve graders, Guerra has been good, Heighinton not quite but gives his all, Lillyman disappointing. Based on that we are at least 3 good big forwards down on requirement maybe 4-5. Buhrer? not sure what category to put him in

13. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Is he playing the same minutes as he did last year?

14. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

i was one of a few saying we still needed a good solid prop or 2. Maybe thats jumped to 2 or 3 now tho!

15. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Ah Mau and Boyd would do me if we could buy those 2 I'd be happy . Boyd and Daniel starting with Ah Mau and Jacob in reserves with Barnett and Ese,ese to lock .

16. Frank McWilliams

Forget who plays where, first of ask Esee where he wants to play and give it to him, he has earned that then in order of merit ask the others starting with DanS, stop giving positions to players that don't deserve it. If Esee say wants to play 13 then find the next two best props and continue to fill positions based on ability and what fits the team. If someone wants to play prop and positions gone there is reserve grade, let's start our best 6+3 forwards.

17. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Ese,ese said after the trials that he enjoyed and would love to be starting Lock and besides that he impressed me when he played there that's why i said him at lock .
    IMO Daniel is at his best when starting prop and if we had Boyd he would have to be starting prop too imo ...
    Also Ah mau is very good off the bench and Jacob gives us that size of the bench too and Fitzy and Guerra are our two best back rowers .

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  18. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

The Newcastle Knights are interested in bringing Leeds Rhinos utility Joel Moon back to the NRL for the 2019 season.
    Moon played for the Brisbane Broncos and the New Zealand Warriors from 2006 to 2011.

For the past six and a half seasons he has been playing in England in Super League.

Now the Queenslander, who is off-contract, is keen to return to home.

Inside Sport understands Moon's management have held discussions with the Knights.

The 29-year-old can play in the centres and halves

An Australian Schoolboy in 2005, he played for the Indigenous All Stars in 2011.

Moon has scored 105 tries in 250 games in both the NRL and Super League.
    I just read this on inside sport.com

19. Frank McWilliams

Once bitten twice shy, not a fan of EPL players unless big bad Graham or Burgess types, is he better than our backs in reserves if so ok he gets a maybe

20. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Well he played for the Bronco's and Warriors and was an Aussie school boy so he is an Aussie coming home