Nrl Pre-Season Trials 2008 *ALL TRIAL RESULTS ~ First Post*

knight-no-7

The NRL season gets underway very soon, and the first trial match is just a matter of days away.

Countdown: http://www.timeanddate.com/counters...4&month=3&year=2008&hour=19&min=30&sec=0&p0=0

So, i'll do what i did last year and do 'The Weekly Nrl Discussion Topic' everyweek, once the NRL starts but for the time being, the Trails:

Updated 02/03/08, knight-no-7.

Sat 26th Jan, 2008:

South Sydney Rabbitohs 24 v 26 Leeds Rhinos
Jacksonville, Florida USA

Sat Feb 9th, 2008:

Broncos 30 V 12 Central Queensland Comets - Theodore, Central Queensland

Fri 15th Feb, 2008:

Knights 22 v 14 Warriors
North Harbour Stadium, Auckland NZ

Roosters v Combined Group 1-2
[Roosters v Dhunghutti Broncos 48-0 (30mins), Roosters v Wauchope Wolves 22-0 (30mins), Roosters v Port Macquarie Sharks 24-4 (30mins)]
Coffs Harbour International Stadium, NSW

Storm 56 v 10 Sea Eagles
Bluetongue Stadium, Central Coast, NSW

Sat 16th Feb, 2008:

Titans 28 v 34 Raiders
Briggs Road Sporting Complex, Ipswich QLD

Cowboys 10 v 20 Broncos
Browne Park, Rockhampton QLD

Panthers 28 v 0 Erina Jim Beam Cup (30mins)

Fri 22nd Feb, 2008:

Panthers 30 v 28 Eels
Lavington Oval, Albury NSW

Storm 26 v 10 Halifax
Shay Stadium, UK

Sat 23rd Feb, 2008:

Dragons 40 v 30 Bulldogs
WIN Stadium, Wollongong NSW

Raiders 32 v 16 Broncos
Wade Park, Orange NSW

Sharks 0 v 44 Rabbitohs
Bluetongue Stadium, Central Coast NSW

Cowboys 22 v 30 Titans
Barlow Park, Cairns, Nth Qld

Foundation Cup
Roosters 34 v 28 Tigers
Sydney Football Stadium, Moore Park NSW

Broncos v Wynnum-Manly
Kougari Oval, Brisbane

Fri 29th Feb, 2008:

Sea Eagles 26 v 16 Warriors
Quad Park, Kawana (Sunshine Coast) QLD

2008 World Club Challenge
Melbourne Storm 4 v 11 Leeds Rhinos
Elland Road, Leeds U.K.

Sat 1st Mar, 2008:

Cowboys 32 v 20 Raiders
Brothers RL Park, Mackay QLD

Knights 26 v 24 Sharks
Cessnock Sports Ground NSW

Charity Shield
Dragons 20 v 24 Rabbitohs
ANZ Stadium, Homebush NSW (previously known as Telstra Stadium)

Titans 32 v 4 Tigers
Skilled Stadium, Robina QLD

Redcliffe 22 v 24 Broncos
Dolphin Park, Redcliffe QLD

Roosters 18 v 34 Eels
Gosford NSW

Sun 2nd Mar, 2008:

Bulldogs 36 v 18 Panthers
ANZ Stadium, Homebush NSW (previously known as Telstra Stadium)

NRL KICKS OFF MARCH 14th.

Aahhhh, I wish I could watch them.. someone go and video the first one please. Who volunteers?

I've checked and they're not showing the Souths vs. Leeds match on Sky over here. They will be showing the WCC match in Leeds though.

Jekk said:
Glad you popped in pommie, you are closest so you can go for us.

I'd love a trip to Florida!!! :lol: If I can get to Elland Road then I will but I doubt it. We're in Yorkshire now but too early for the WCC. DAMN!!!

Injuries mar Souths' dream
By Josh Massoud
January 25, 2008 12:00am

FIRST it was jet lag. Then a freakish Florida cold snap. Now, injuries and a personal drama have maintained the eventful edge to South Sydney's American odyssey.

As five Rabbitohs faced fitness battles to play on US soil this weekend, backrow star David Fa'alogo was last night rushing back to Australia for "personal reasons".

The Kiwi left camp suddenly on Wednesday afternoon and is expected home today. Club officials were tight-lipped about the reason.

"David had to go home for personal reasons," a club spokesman said. "He doesn't want anything more said than that."

Currently serving a seven-match suspension for striking, Fa'alogo would not have played in any case. Prop Scott Geddes is certain to miss out as well, having torn his hamstring at training.

Dean Widders and Ben Rogers (strained hamstring), Eddie Paea (groin) and Feluli Talanoa (finger) are also in doubt.

Since arriving in Florida, the Rabbitohs have not been spared from pre-season training and the short turnaround from their 24-hour journey might have contributed to their woes.

With Nathan Merritt still recovering from a major knee reconstruction, Rabbitohs coach Jason Taylor could have only three-quarters of his squad available.

"We've trained pretty hard over here and sustained a few injuries so far," Taylor said. "We've done a lot of work in areas we think we can improve on from last year. Sure, it's not the grand final - but we'll be taking it seriously."

In a boost to Souths' fortunes, Australian icons Greg Norman and Layne Beachley have agreed to attend the match with Rabbitohs co-owner Russell Crowe.

jamesgould said:
I wish this game was on tv!

It will be. Delayed though.

Australia Day Challenge live
24 Jan 2008

The Australia Day Challenge between the Rabbitohs and UK Super League champions the Leeds Rhinos will be streamed live on Jacksonville radio station Jax Sports at www.1010xl.com at 5am this Sunday morning January 27 (AEDT).

The match is being recorded by the South Sydney Football Club and the Channel Nine Network for delayed broadcast. (The schedule of which is yet to be determined.)

We have received countless enquires from Rabbitohs fans in regards to the screening of the game and at this stage the only place to get live coverage of the game is from www.1010xl.com.

Tune in and enjoy the Rabbitohs first hit out for 2008, our Centenary Season.

Source: http://www.souths.com.au/News/Club-News/Australia-Day-Challenge-live.html

No sign of it on NZ tv, but if it is on Nine then it should be possible to download it from somewhere. Great news!

Well what else would you expect? You think South Sydney would have been this successful if they still had Mr. Pringles? His an A-list celebrity. You think he wouldn't use that to his advantage?

But I think it's good for the game. Any exposure outside the main areas can't be too bad.

I read an article today that said that the supply of souths and leeds jerseys didnt meet demand in the USA. sounds like some profit might be made

Back