NRL All Stars 2012

Dan_Knights_Supporter

Brian Quinton
Hey Guys,

If you havent done so, jump on and Vote in 4 players from each team for the All Stars team, which we can then choose a set team from later on in the next stage of voting!

I put in Zeb Taia and Richie Fa'aoso as the two Knights forwards voted cause i want to see the unnoticed greatness of them to be noticed in the All Stars! The backs i chose Gids and Uate, such hard Decisions!!

The great man Bennett gets final say in the end anyway i guess, but its nice to know you have a small say in what he picks!

Am I the only one that thinks they should bring in a All Stars Polynesian team into this? I reckon they would carve up!

I don't think the NRL All Stars would still exist if a Poly team was made for politically correctness reasons. Imagine the uproar if NRL All Stars were all white/caucasion.

I don't think the NRL All Stars would still exist if a Poly team was made for politically correctness reasons. Imagine the uproar if NRL All Stars were all white/caucasion.

But we would have an Indigenous team and an Islander team and an NRL all stars. I think most people would understand thats the NRL All Star would be all white/caucasion because most of the NRL is Indigenous and Islanders. I think they wrote an article on maybe making a Islander team in the DT, i'll try and find it. Although our team would be very much the New Zealand team.

Give Polynesian All-stars a crack
PARRAMATTA superstar Jarryd Hayne has called for the NRL to introduce a Polynesian team into the annual All Stars clash.

Current and former players have backed the plan, saying it has the potential to be bigger than Origin.
Hayne claimed the inclusion of a Pacific Island team would for the first time put rugby league's greatest players on the one stage.
The inaugural All Stars clash, which saw the NRL's finest players tackle the best indigenous players, was held in February.
It was considered a rousing success.
But according to Hayne, who boasts Fijian heritage, the addition of a Pacific Islands team would take the All Stars concept to an exciting new level.
"Last year gave great awareness for the indigenous people's perspective and now we could look at trying to get a Pacific team as well," Hayne said.

"I think it would be a great concept.
"If we could get something like that going, it would be fantastic for the game. You've got guys like Michael Jennings, Frankie Pritchard, Kris Inu, Benji Marshall and Issac Luke ... Wes Naiqama.
"The Indigenous All Stars, the NRL All Stars and the Pacific All Stars, I think they all work hand in hand and we could have a three-way series.
"If it was to eventuate, I'm sure the Pacific boys would throw their hand up and participate."
Like Hayne, Parramatta team-mate Krisnan Inu has witnessed the rapid rise in participation levels from players of Polynesian heritage.
In a recent study published in The Daily Telegraph, it was revealed that one in four players in the NRL are of Pacific Island descent. The numbers are even higher at the junior level.
The NSWRL Academy has reported that 40 per cent of SG Ball (under-18s) and Harold Matthews (under-16s) players are of Samoan, Tongan, Maori, Fijian or Cook Islands background.
"These days if you go watch any junior club there's that many Island boys in every team," Inu said.
"The numbers are just growing.
"Its just a matter of time when the numbers get too many to ignore.
"If there was an Island team in the All Stars, it would be a real plus not only for the game, but the players and the fans. It's something they could look at.
"And maybe one day it could be similar to Origin or bigger."
Former Test lock Jim Dymock coached Tonga to the 2008 World Cup and is a passionate advocate for increased exposure of rugby league in the Pacific Islands.
He agreed that the addition of a Pacific Islands team to the All Stars tournament had the potential to rival Origin football.
"It really could," Dymock said.
"It was good they had the Indigenous team in the All Stars, but I'm sure the Polynesian people and players that miss out on playing for New Zealand and Origin would like the chance to test themselves against the best.
"I've been pushing for a Pacific Cup to be played on the same night or week as Origin, but this could be just as good, if not better."
However, NRL boss David Gallop said at this stage the All Stars concept would remain as an Indigenous team against the All Stars.
"The NRL All Stars is already a celebration of the many cultures within the game and featured players from a number of backgrounds and from every NRL club," Gallop said.
"The match has always been intended as a celebration of both the diversity of the NRL and of the playing talent at each club.
"It is a single match concept linked strongly to the nation's apology to the stolen generations and it is not likely at this stage to grow into further teams."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ll-stars-a-crack/story-e6frexnr-1225929350340

The Polynesian team would be great to see but (not saying i really care) the NRL All Stars will be heavily criticised for it, being all white. If they get brought in, i'll be cheering for the Poly's as i'm Maori on my Dad's side! :D

Last edited:
Yea i know where your coming from. I would love for them to come in, but dont really see it happening. With three teams we would need three or four games and would be a massive change and highly unlikely. But i would cheer for them being half Fijian and Moari also.

I'd just ditch the NRL All Stars myself. I've always found it really weird having a racially-based team playing just everyone else!

I voted KOD and Filipo in the forwards with Likiliki and Pete Mata'utia as the backs because i don't want any of regular first graders to get injured before the start of the season. I would probably cry if someone like Gids or Uate got injured and did there ACL or something like that.

Indigenous side:

1. Ben Barba (Bulldogs; Goreng Goreng)
2. Jharal Yow Yeh (Broncos; Margany)
3. Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs; Dunghutti)
4. Justin Hodges (Broncos; Indigenous tribes of the Cairns region)
5. Nathan Merritt (Rabbitohs; Wiradjuri)
6. Johnathan Thurston (c) (Cowboys; Gungarri)
7. Chris Sandow (Eels; Bigambul/ Gubbi Gubbi)
8. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Raiders; Indigenous tribes of Tweed area)
9. Travis Waddell (Raiders; Torres Strait: Badulaig)
10. George Rose (Sea Eagles; Kamilaroi)
11. Sam Thaiday (Broncos; Torres Strait: Iama (Yam Island)
12. Jamal Idris (Titans; Worimi)
13. Greg Bird (Titans; Kamilaroi)

Interchange:

14. Andrew Fifita (Sharks; Wiradjuri)
15. Cory Paterson (Cowboys; Indigenous tribes of the Blue Mountains region)
16. Matthew Bowen (Cowboys; Binthi and Dhaarrba)
17. Scott Prince (Titans; Kalkadoon)
18. Anthony Mitchell (Roosters; Waka Waka)
19. Joel Thompson (Raiders; Wiradjuri)
20. Nathan Peats (Rabbitohs; Biripi nation)

Coach: Laurie Daley (Wiradjuri)

Yeah woulda had Bowen over Barba for sure, Bowen is one of the best fullbacks in the game & Barba is one of the slipperiest guys you can have coming off the bench as a utility!

Will Snowden even be available?

It would be stupid for him to play in a pointless game like this, imo, when he is trying to manage a neck injury.

Back