Nathan Tinkler relinquinshes ownership of the Newcastle Knights

Rabs just announced it on NBN... reason for poor form?

With all the bad luck we have had this year and now this, it pretty much confirms this season is gone and our semi final hopes are a very dim light also explains why we can't sign a decent forward... how will this impact our current talks with players?

I know obviously i'm wrong with this story coming out, but i didn't think Tinkler paid the players? I just thought all players were paid with the NRL salary cap which should be from the NRL.

If any other club were a day late with the wages not a word would be said.
This could be a huge story, or the office girl might have had a sickie.

I just thought all players were paid with the NRL salary cap which should be from the NRL.

That is the theory but obviously not what has been happening. Gives more weight to the rumours Tinkler has been syphoning money out of the club.

- - - Updated - - -

This could be a huge story, or the office girl might have had a sickie.

It is a huge story. Read the Herald article above. At least 20 people haven't been paid and the NRL is looking for blood.

This isnt the first time payments have been late, but I assume this is different than before... Tinkler has to go along with Wayne IMO

And now Buzz Rothfield is reporting the NRL has been aware of late player payments for at least 12 months. Critical of both Tinkler and the NRL for doing nothing up till this point.

Ragnors moment of glory!!!!!!

What a sick individual you are.....gloating while the club disintergrates around us.

You should rename yourself Nero, he played his fiddle while Rome burned......and I bet you're good at playing your fiddle.

Well it does explain our form, plus players being fired, spinal injury to alex no wonder they are not putting in the effort

dont get me wrong some players are but when it gets hard some just give up

When have I gloated? This is all very distressing.

For the last month you have done nothing but post about Tinklers misdeeds and how good it will be if the Maggots take over, sounds like gloating to me, crikey, you even give updates from ICAC....what are you, some stalker employed by Wests?

I wonder why the odd number of 20 not being paid?
There would be maybe 100 or more on the payroll - 20 not getting paid is a very odd thing.

For the last month you have done nothing but post about Tinklers misdeeds and how good it will be if the Maggots take over, sounds like gloating to me, crikey, you even give updates from ICAC....what are you, some stalker employed by Wests?

I am amazed at the number of people still with their heads in the sand over Tinkler. At what point are the likes of you going to wake up and acknowledge that the future of the club is at stake? When there is no more club?

What happens if Wests doesn't start running the show? Who else is going to do it? Seriously. Who else?

- - - Updated - - -

Barry Toohey at the Daily Telegraph is now reporting some players and staff are in arrears for superannuation as well.

By law super payments are due every quarter. That would mean the outstanding payments are likely for Jan–March.

Ragnors moment of glory!!!!!!

What a sick individual you are.....gloating while the club disintergrates around us.

You should rename yourself Nero, he played his fiddle while Rome burned......and I bet you're good at playing your fiddle.

Good or bad, I like to know where the knights are at... Unfortunately it's bad.
Even if it is all negative, this is info I didn't know before, so I can't complain about rubbing the nose in at a bad time. It does help me get plenty ****ed off with management though!

My guess would be the reserve grade squad and staff about to get cut

Not according to the Newcastle Herald which has just been updated with more information.

"The Herald understands that middle- to lower-paid players and staff were paid but those at the higher end of the scale were not."

- - - Updated - - -

The HSG website is down so I am unable to verify but the following statement allegedly from HSG is doing the rounds.

HUNTER SPORTS GROUP STATEMENT:The Hunter Sports Group (HSG) advised the National Rugby League (NRL) they would not invest further funds into the Newcastle Knights until the current ownership dispute with the Members Club was resolved, which included employee wages.

"We have been negotiating with the NRL and the Members Club for eight weeks and would have hoped the issue would have been resolved by now," HSG CEO Troy Palmer said.

"We made it clear the HSG would not invest further funds until the matter was resolved however it was important Knights employees weren't affected during this process.

"We requested short term assistance from the NRL for the outstanding wages however this wasn't forthcoming.

"HSG will ensure any outstanding wages are paid next week and hope the ownership dispute can be resolved immediately so the Club can be adequately funded again."

Back