Nathan Ross

Feeney, Bhana, Pauli Pauli, Pat Mat, Mataora to success right?

Might be mistaken, but didn't see them running out for the Knights in 2018. Wins and losses aside, we still looked a rabble at times this year, especially in defence.

Do you think Brown is getting the most out of this team? He's very lucky he has Ponga tbh, who would probably end up the best league player in the world if he was stuck on a tropical island with a steeden and a DVD of Andrew Johns highlights.

Yep and in the nrl if your team is off by 5% across the board you look way off the pace.

Dragons were unstoppable after 15rds then lost Widdop and lost almost every game for the next 10rds

But hey point fingers at the coach cause we need to have something to b!tch about

I remember a few times how we were complaining about moga passing to no one as Ross was out of position.
I think it was more a case of 2 players not knowing what the other was doing due to no time together

One of those times, Ross had just taken a run in field getting us out of our own line. From the ruck the ball went out to Ross's wing to Moga, Ross wasn't in position and Moga passed to no-one.

Moga really should have been aware Ross wasn't there.

Members on here were up in arms over Ross not being in position at the time and really, he isn't superman.

3 games and Moga is on the scrap heap.

Where did I say that? I said I am not convinced by him, I have my opinion of him and hopefully am wrong, hardly have him on the scrap heap.

Might be mistaken, but didn't see them running out for the Knights in 2018. Wins and losses aside, we still looked a rabble at times this year, especially in defence.

Do you think Brown is getting the most out of this team? He's very lucky he has Ponga tbh, who would probably end up the best league player in the world if he was stuck on a tropical island with a steeden and a DVD of Andrew Johns highlights.

Ponga was chastised for not watching any footy recreationally, he'd probably ignore the DVD in favour of wrangling sharks or some other high-risk activity.
But with the appropriate motivation, mentors and longevity in the game he could absolutely become the GOAT

I thought we were talking about the reasons why he's sacked a bunch of players over trying to coach them success.

If we're speaking strictly this year, I agree with you on those things. While it was a huge leap forward, we were unacceptable at times. Defence was the biggest downfall & they've identified this, bought what has been heralded as a defence specific coach. That's good progress, they've identified a problem & are trying to rectify it. All signs point to a better year next year, we have to be happy about that. If it doesn't eventuate, then of course things will have to change. Wests won't cop being perennial losers.

And yes he's lucky to have guys like Pearce & Ponga. Without them we'd be wooden spooners again but it's the same argument as saying any coach is lucky to have their star player. Coaches can only do so much behind the scenes, but at the end of the day, it's the teams with the best players on the field playing at their best who win the most games.

I thought we were talking about the reasons why he's sacked a bunch of players over trying to coach them success.

If we're speaking strictly this year, I agree with you on those things. While it was a huge leap forward, we were unacceptable at times. Defence was the biggest downfall & they've identified this, bought what has been heralded as a defence specific coach. That's good progress, they've identified a problem & are trying to rectify it. All signs point to a better year next year, we have to be happy about that. If it doesn't eventuate, then of course things will have to change. Wests won't cop being perennial losers.

And yes he's lucky to have guys like Pearce & Ponga. Without them we'd be wooden spooners again but it's the same argument as saying any coach is lucky to have their star player. Coaches can only do so much behind the scenes, but at the end of the day, it's the teams with the best players on the field playing at their best who win the most games.

He has also got those said players due to sacking and moving on the overpaid but under performing players. How dare Brown do that...

Every coach since Jesus was in charge of the Israelites has trotted out those clichés when they take over a team.
Brown has had everything he wanted in players and staff and resources for 3 years.
At some point, the buck stops with him.
Who have we lost that you think Brown should have kept? For mine Tapine was a big loss but I would hardly put that down to Brown. Tariq is playing good footy now but even that has taken 2 years to get to. I think that fact our best players this year were all recruits bought in shows the sackings have been justified

Who have we lost that you think Brown should have kept? For mine Tapine was a big loss but I would hardly put that down to Brown. Tariq is playing good footy now but even that has taken 2 years to get to. I think that fact our best players this year were all recruits bought in shows the sackings have been justified
The squad is about the same as when Brown took over.
It might be better next year.
We live in hope.

From the sounds of it, Brown has already said he's welcome to stay.

It seems more like Brown has told Ross the new recruited players will start in front of him so if he wants to look around the club and Brown are understanding of it.

In other words, Brown has advised for Ross to look after his own best interests.

If the last 2 years have taught us anything, it's that once your cards are marked, your time is up, and contracts at the Knights should be printed on toilet paper so you could actually use them for something.

Back