Nathan Brown vs Wayne Bennett

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by nunnsy, Apr 7, 2018.

1. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    I still can’t see how it’s offensive. Unprofessional yes.

Moral compass being broken is laughable.

If Brown took a 20 out of Wayne’s wallet without asking I’d day that is a moral issue.

Probably not for others but because they’d say he’s hungry and it’s is right to eat.

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

My only point in all this is to bring a persons personal life up, to attack their professional life is unprofessional. I'm sure even with Wayne tapping the secretary he has the footy brain to coach the Knights.

Didn't need to be said in that manner. Otherwise I'm done, not getting on any moral high horse etc about it.

He said it, good for him, he has to live with it not us or I. And from reports he has already been on the horn and smoothed it over with Bennett.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Paul the Chief Harragon

A $20???
    Waynes wallet would be stacked with greenbacks

4. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Those ones would be buried mate.

5. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Nathan Ross

Yep 88 - that'll never change! :giggle: :thumbsup:

6. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Kurriboy its not just about coaching, being the head coach means a lot more than what goes on at training and on game day.

Clearly Bennett couldn't be f--ked doing that when he was here.

7. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Nathan Ross

Kurriboy - I have no problem with yours or anybody's opinion on what Nathan said and I understand that everybody is entitled to take it as they see/hear it.:thumbsup:

I only have a problem if somebody has an opinion on my opinion because it differs from theirs and then makes a values judgement to tell me that it is less valid than theirs.;)

And like you and Brownie, I've said my piece too and I'm moving on - it is over and done with and I'm ready to see the Knights put the Storm to the sword this weekend :newcastle:.

8. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    And it also would have been different if Bennett didn’t say he left the knights in good shape. And even more laughable that journalists at the courier mail are trying to convince everyone the same thing in the context of Bennett’s comments.

If you get paid as much and get a free reign on everything only to have the same amount of finals appearances then the previous coach then expect to be criticised. And especially when the previous coach did it with a lesser roster and a finals format that didn’t benefit the bottom 8 teams

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  9. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    All the more reasons for a second team in Brissie.

10. Ethan

Ethan Adam Woolnough

Go Brownie stick it to Bullsxxt benny he is a nasty old cheating (at work and home ) piece of sxxt on his best day and deserves everything he gets ...

11. Barry Crush

Barry Crush Glen Miller

Retired
    Only people who brought people other than Bennett into it are dopey journos trying to read more into the situation. The reality was Bennett phoned it in when he was here and should have retired from NRL after the Dragons premiership. To be still hanging around still is only trashing the reputation he earned before 2010

I think Brownie could of worded it better than he did so it couldn't of been taken as meaning more than it was Bennett was here for money didn't care the mess he left behind.

I have repeatedly said it I don't see it as Brown v Bennett but Newcastle v Bennett and this moment should be see by fans, staff and players as a signal that Newcastle is back baby!

Seriously even before Tinkler we were in trouble and people from outside of Newcastle where talking **** about us, it's why Tinkler got a foothold we didn't like it. But we on back of Hagan's spoon were butt of everyone jokes. Tinkler gave hope but it turned out to be all talk no substance and he brought in a lot con men including Bennett to pick over our bones.

NRL stepped in saved us for one reason only Newcastle fans stood solid, West stepped in because if they didn't Rugby League would of died and they probably would of been blamed for not saving the Knights. Brownie didn't unbuild the Knights he cleaned away the rubble and found the foundations that are strong and why the fans keep turning up. Then he has started building on them and we should support him.

The comments and his actions since show it's a call to arms no longer are we to take this bullshit Rugby League would be a failed Murdoch super league experiment with 1 man and his dog at games if it wasn't for Newcastle in the 90s and now it's time to take back our place as load bearing wall of Rugby League

So I say stuff Bennett and Co who think they are Rugby League because truth is it was the 1,000s of fans who turned up in all conditions, for 3 wooden spoons and it's about time we had a voice and thank you Brownie for saying what we all thinking

Matty23, Lefty, Wobbles and 1 other person like this.
  12. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From NRL.com

Newcastle Knights coach Nathan Brown is satisfied he has put to rest any tension between him and Brisbane Broncos counterpart Wayne Bennett, as he turns his attention to facing the Melbourne Storm.

Brown and Bennett traded barbs either side of Saturday night's Telstra Premiership match in Newcastle, with Brown's words of a more personal nature.

The Knights mentor called Bennett and his son-in-law, Ben Ikin to clear the air about his comment that Bennett should have used his "big head instead of his little head" during his stint as Newcastle coach before returning to Brisbane.

"I’ve now moved on from all of that," Brown said.

"As a coach, we have thick skin and we just move on and I’m more interested in the Storm and if I am not focusing on them I am certainly not doing my job."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/10...own-sorry-for-verbal-attack-on-wayne-bennett/

13. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Bennett only cares about two things. The first is the amount of money he makes, which is fine because he has children who need 24 hour care and care long after hes gone. So if he can keep making money coaching rugby league and wants to do it then I dont think any of us should question that. As long as he is not involved with us then that is fine.

And secondly his legacy. Knew the opportunity slipped when they missed out in 2013, left before the **** hit the fan. No way he would stay around and coach for another year when it could hurt in the wins and losses column. And especially when the Broncos were throwing around money at guys like Anthony Milford.

Can you honestly imagine Bennett coaching the team to one win in 2016? Or any team that needed work from the ground up. No way I can...maybe they would have won more matches but it would still put a dent in the win and loss column.

Anyway it's going to be very interesting to see how the Broncos 2018 season unfolds. Bennett doesnt seem to like losing for a long time, he either leaves (case in point Newcastle), Losing 0-24 against NZ in 2005, Between 01-05 when the board was losing faith in him and he had pretty much signed to coach the Roosters until the media leaked it. So it'll be interesting to see his reaction.
    But because they're the Broncos despite supposed to be 0-5 they'll probably scrape into 8th.

14. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Still_Nutty, Lefty and danknights like this.
  15. Wobbles

Wobbles Charlie McAlister

16. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Think he was trying to blame Rick Stone for some bad contracts.
    But Bennett signed more trash with more salary cap flexibility with more pull power with a stronger club brand.

And finished one position higher and made the same amount of finals Stone did

17. krustykraz

krustykraz Greg Hayward

18. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Love the little dig by Dillon on Bennett on the last paragraph of ‘Friday’ hah

19. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Dillon is a total w*nker but I must admit I got a chuckle out of that.