Nathan Brown vs Wayne Bennett

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by nunnsy, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

All clubs are like that, one clubs player sacked in disgrace is another clubs player getting another chance.

2. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    You've lost me or I have lost the knack of explaining myself. Either way next thread.

3. Beaumont

And I hope we're like it if Wighton becomes available. My point that 1 player was ring holed for missing training but another signed after terrorising a family was lost.

4. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

And as I said, all clubs are like that. Sack one player for misbehaving, but will happily sign another player sacked from a club for misbehaving.

5. Beaumont

So you don't see a difference in the misdemeanours of Gagai and Lodge ?

6. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

Of course there are, thats not my point, the point is, all clubs sign players who have been sacked by other clubs. Cowboys are currently trying to get Carney back in, pretty sure a player convicted of a serious crime and imprisoned was let back in and a club signed him. Though I can't recall the specifics.

Point is, unless the NRL take a stance and draw a line in the sand,, clubs will continue to sign them. And they all do it.

7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Beaumont can't read or drunk or trolling take your pick.

8. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams David Lomax

The problem with all of this previous discussion is like most things on these threads, hatred, once you dislike someone or thing then any thing that can be used to further that is ok. We hate someone breaking the law if they play for another club but will sign them up quickly if it suits our agenda. So who is the worst, Mullen, Wighton, Lodge, Carney, SKD but whoever doesn't stop some of us wanting them. Bennett wasn't wrong, Brown wasn't right it just depends if you are a Qlder or a Knight, yes it's called bias to your advantage, not right or wrong, if it was black or white it would be called racism.
    Sorry if I got to serious but sometimes discussions got to carried away, it is only football

Lefty likes this.
  9. nunnsy

nunnsy Jeff Doyle

Im a queenslander and a knight and Bennett is a flog and deserved what was said. The courier mail is nothing more than a tabloid magazine. Even a few of my bronco supporting mates loved what brownie said.

Lefty and Tasgirl like this.
  10. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    According to Fox Sports and Buzz on NRL 360, Nathan Brown has contacted Wayne Bennett and Ben Ikin and smoothed things over.

Wayne Bennett would never have the balls to admit he got it wrong at Newcastle. Would hurt his ego and legacy

Tasgirl likes this.
  11. Lefty

Lefty Peter Graham

Packer signed to play for the Knights is 2014 but he was convicted of a serious assault and he was imprisoned for 1 year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

Nah, that wasn't it, this is probably 10 years ago now, a player convicted of something like murder or something was allowed to play NRL.

13. Beaumont

Funny you say that because I thought it was obvious Kurriboy especially and Billy both had to be. I'll take it slowly for the slow. Kurriboy keeps saying what his point is. I don't care what his point is. I agreed saying I hope we do the same with Wighton. THat had SFA to do with what I said. I mentioned the difference in standards at the Broncos when it suits. Cruising along ok so they sack Gagai for missing training. Struggling for a prop after losing Esse Esse so what Lodge done (which in my opinion is a tad worse than missing training) becomes acceptable. Very obvious the point I was making. I'd be happy for us to sign Ivan Milat if he could play in the centres but I then wouldn't be sacking Levi for rocking Brown's roof.

Billy said "if you're a good person you're a good person it doesn't matter what you think of anyone else". My reply was simple ie a person's thoughts of someone else does matter to me. If my daughter brings a boy home that thinks his mate that raped a 5 month old baby is a good bloke he ain't getting through the gate. If that's an example of his standards and judgement of character he's barred.

14. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    To be fair to Packer, he served his time and on release went into heavy counselling which proved so successful he turned his life around and now speaks to school groups on the dangers of alcohol and drugs so he deserves some credit.

15. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Packers fine did his time, Lodge is a dog who did nothing and owes the family nearly 2 million.

Comparing recreational drug use to thuggery is laughable.

Tasgirl likes this.
  16. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Lodge should be doing four years in an LA gaol.

And not a cent paid to the family whose home he invaded.

Tasgirl likes this.
  17. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Well said

18. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty Nathan Ross

I didn’t get involved with this forum to be sermonised to or morally assessed on my opinion– again somehow, after BS Bennett lobs hand grenades with impunity and gets called out for it, somehow he is the victim in all of this…WTF?!

Brown’s comments were a retort to Bennett’s UNCALLED FOR comments and his pious Pontius Pilot self-absolution of what he did to the Knights and clearly placing the Knights recent woes 100% at Brown’s feet. Brown’s comment was directly targeted wholly and solely at BENNETT and reflecting that if he was more focussed on the development and well being of the Knights than his (less than saintly) personal life, Brown, Mooney and others would not have had the ‘un-building’ job to fix the seaming pile of crap that stunk up the place after Bennett walked away.

Those comments were directed specifically at Bennett for him not doing the job he was paid handsomely for and more importantly reflecting that Bennett does not have the right to take the high moral ground on somebody un-building his putrid legacy at the Knights.

At no point do I consider this referenced any other parties being targeted by Brown’s comments, nor do I think lowly of anybody else or judge their character because of what Brown said…it never entered my head. I don’t know them and have no ill will or ill feelings towards them.

If others feel Brown overstepped the mark, that is fine and they are entitled to their opinion but I am more than comfortable with my moral compass and don’t need anybody telling me that I am morally bankrupt or insensitive because I support the words and intent of Nathan Brown in defending himself and this club…and if that bothers some on here, then all I can say is $uck it up princess.

19. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Paul the Chief Harragon

So in other words..... your still nutty ;)

100% agree with you though, i think the moral of the story is 100% correct on Browns behalf and for him to be honest and say what he wanted without a second thought deserves respect in itself.

Id rather have the coach of our club show heart and leadership to not back down to others over sitting on he's hands just to be the "bigger" person so to speak.

20. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Well said mate. The people who have a problem with Brown’s comments are the same type of people who believe your gender isn’t defined by your genitals.

And a flower girl should be referred to as a flower person. The list doesn’t stop really.

Mental health.