Official: Knights sign Mitchell Pearce on a 4 year deal

I can’t see how we fit them all in but we are all guessing in the end. He’s not in my top 17 that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's a good headache I guess. I'm hoping Levi becomes an 80 minute player eventually.

Josh, understand where your coming from and the point you are making, Idon't believe Cronk will be as effective as he was at Storm, his age and new club culture and playing staff.
Griffin was not in my mind when we were searching for a backup hooker but now we have him let's see what he can do. I personally at this stage don't see him in top 17, Res gr hooker keeping pressure on Levi is more likely with Buhrer giving Levi a break, if Levi unable to play due to injury, Griffin with Buhrer giving him a rest. Don't think we need both Buhrer and Griffin playing if Levi is in, prefer a bigger body.

I think you will be surprised.

Cronk is a puppeteer, his vision allows him to call shots 5 Tackle before he pulls the trigger, that has made Smiths job easy, Smith plays away , Cooper positions everyone while the pressure is off and Smith gives him the Ball when and where he wants it on cue. Friend will find it easy to transition into.

Dont agree, slater calls the plays and sets ot up more than cronk... cronk does not play whats in front of him 90% of the time his decision has been made before he passes short or kicks or passes long or runs..

What I've seen of Tedesco is that he relies on evasiveness to break the line. He doesn't run lines like Slater. I can't see Teddy and Cronk having the same success Billy and Cronk have had. With the couple of forwards that have left, there pack doesn't look as formidable either. Hope they implode.
As for Pearce, I'd rather Lamb be given the opportunity. We're inexperienced but have plenty of potential.

Seems more and more likely Pearce is going to stay at Rooters and play 5/8. Pearce had a meeting with coach yesterday and we haven't been hearing any rumblings of discontent afterwards. In fact the word has been that he is going to stay.

So it appears Cronk gets signed and somehow they don't need to shed anybody.

Seems more and more likely Pearce is going to stay at Rooters and play 5/8. Pearce had a meeting with coach yesterday and we haven't been hearing any rumblings of discontent afterwards. In fact the word has been that he is going to stay.

So it appears Cronk gets signed and somehow they don't need to shed anybody.
I think they said they need to get rid of roughly 400k. What players do they have on around that much and would we be interested?
I think if they got rid of Lattrel Mitchel, i think he would be worth while for us.

I think they said they need to get rid of roughly 400k. What players do they have on around that much and would we be interested.
I think if they got rid of Lattrel Mitchel, he would be worth while for us.
That would be ideal.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

As far as Griffin is concerned ive only seen him play 2 games and 1 was the G/Final but he looks to be a hard nugget and a good defender ...The biggest thing with us buying him that I like is that Bellamy thought enough of him to pick him to play in the G/Final that says heaps about the kid IMO .
I know he didn't get big minutes but he was picked so that if Smith got hurt early he would do the job for the rest of the game , that says a lot coming from Bellamy ....

If Pearce comes all well and good but I'm just really excited to see how Levi , Lamb , Watson and Ponga go by the end of next season ....I just keep thinking when those 4 young guys learn each others game ( and I'm willing to let them take all next season to do it ) they could be devastating and for a long time too .....

If Pearce comes all well and good but I'm just really excited to see how Levi , Lamb , Watson and Ponga go by the end of next season ....I just keep thinking when those 4 young guys learn each others game ( and I'm willing to let them take all next season to do it ) they could be devastating and for a long time too .....

If they reach their full potential and ended up being the next "Big 4" that'd make up for the last 15 years of disappointment...

So far all the talk has been Pearce and Cronk. If Pearce stays and plays 5/8, Cronk is half then what about Keary.
He will be just as upset as Pearce if he is the one missing out and I am sure he will want to play 80 minutes just like the others involved including Friend,
We still might get a drop out.

Agreed.

Busting yourself for your mates is way easier and more satisfying than doing it just for a paycheck.

Back