Matt Dufty

Joey1245

Sam Stewart
Matt dufty is Apprently being shopped by several sources looks as if Kurt Mann will not be release and Jennings has become to expensive thought of getting dufty and moving Watson to bench hooker

Matt dufty is Apprently being shopped by several sources looks as if Kurt Mann will not be release and Jennings has become to expensive thought of getting dufty and moving Watson to bench hooker

Nut don’t rate him. He reminds me of Jarrod Sammut bursting onto the scene. He loses lots of metres on his kick returns also.

For the $600k we are paying Watson I'd rather release him then use him on the bench and for mine they'd be similar fullbacks with Watson with more of an upside.

For the $600k we are paying Watson I'd rather release him then use him on the bench and for mine they'd be similar fullbacks with Watson with more of an upside.
Can I ask where you got that figure for Watson because I would think that's way too much for a guy who came here to prove himself and wasn't yet a regular 1st grader at his last club ...

Hey mate, 99% sure at the time we offered $500k same as tigers and we tipped in $100k to get him here.

This was pre Pearce and Lamb/Watson/Levi/Ponga was looking like our spine.

Surely Dufty would want too much for us to consider him under our cap, assuming we get Klem.

CAn't really afford to carry Dufty's wage, plus $600k sitting on the bench as backup hooker.

500k for Watson, tigers offered 600 but were going to play him at fb and he wanted 5/8

Last edited:
Personally hope Watson gets a good shot at fullback sincerely believe his a starter and a good one.
I would like to have seen Ponga stay f/b with Watson 5/8 as that is how it all started and hasn't been given a real chance with injuries and lack of forward power but if it is other way round again I would like to see us give it a chance by sticking for more than a few games.

I would like to have seen Ponga stay f/b with Watson 5/8 as that is how it all started and hasn't been given a real chance with injuries and lack of forward power but if it is other way round again I would like to see us give it a chance by sticking for more than a few games.

That would be my pick but Ponga wants 5/8th and what GOD wants GOD gets lol

Do you reckon he wants 5/8 because there more of a future there for him then fullback from a rep point of view? He won’t move Tedesco out of the Aus Jersey.

I doubt he made the decision to move, I reckon Brown just convinced him it was the best for the team. Ponga being a humble kid has no issues with that. Would be a huge 360 from everything he's said all up until a few months ago if it was genuinely his decision & his alone.

Do you reckon he wants 5/8 because there more of a future there for him then fullback from a rep point of view? He won’t move Tedesco out of the Aus Jersey.

Ohh I could see him moving teddy out of the OZ jumper in another year or two, teddy has 5yrs on him don't forget and is in the prime of he's career right now.

I'm still yet to be convinced Watson will be a success at fullback, but will be happy to be proven wrong.

Size for a fullback doesn't matter, there are plenty of good ones that are small

Back