Mad Mondays

Discussion in 'General Rugby League' started by rhugh89, Sep 4, 2018.

?

Should Mad Mondays be scrapped ??

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
  1. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Newcastle Knights employ security guard to avoid trouble on end-of-season trip to Cairns

DAVID RICCIO, The Daily Telegraph
    42 minutes ago

THE Newcastle Knights are leaving no stone unturned in a bid to protect their brand — paying $5000 for a private security guard during their end-of-season festivities.

Having celebrated their end of season as a club on Monday, the Knights playing group are bound for Cairns this weekend where they will be chaperoned by the same security officer who oversaw Brad Fittler’s NSW Blues trouble-free State of Origin camp.

Koniseti Liutai, who works for E-Group Security, was also employed by the NSWRL when Laurie Daley steered the Blues to Origin success in 2014.

A bare-minimum precautionary measure for clubs to employ security during Mad Monday celebrations is back on the agenda following Canterbury’s drunken antics in The Rocks last Monday.

Knights football manager Darren Mooney said that it would be wrong to suggest that Mad Monday celebrations weren’t without risk.

However, Mooney said the Knights were intent on ensuring the club’s image remained in-tact, while also allowing the players freedom to enjoy themselves after a long season.

“We think by hiring security, it’s part of ensuring our player’s welfare,’’ Mooney said.

“There’s never any guarantees that something won’t happen, but we put everything we can around the team to ensure that everyone can a fun time without going overboard.

“We have security to assess the location and surroundings of the players. We have food provided by the club and transport to and from any of the venues.

“It’s just about common-sense really and to us, our players and how they represent our club in public, is paramount.’’

The Knights playing group will depart for Cairns on Friday before returning on Sunday.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/b8dce65b10ee33d028c10b1aa9f5cbf1

2. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

So with the Bulldogs in the headlines the question is once again being thrown around...Should the Mad Monday celebrations be scrapped ??

I found this interesting article that I have posted above which details what we are doing to prevent any bad stuff from happening

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on mad mondays

Is the Bulldogs story even newsworthy ?? Are mad mondays necessary ?? Should it be done behind closed doors ??

Fire away guys

3. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

If the parasites in the media reported on the game instead of slandering it we wouldn’t even have this conversation.

Hughburt6 and 88Knight4life like this.
  4. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Yep, they can't wait to stick the boot in.

5. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    I disagree completely with Mad Mondays being scrapped, and am all for players of all clubs letting their hair down provided they don't break the law. Which was not the case. They werent even harrassing anyone. I think the media had a sook after what happened in 2012.

As mentioned above ^ It's week one of finals footy and rather then reporting on that the stains at the Daily Telewhinge have plastered the Bulldogs Mad Monday stuff all over social media. But dusting their hands off taking any photos even though they ask for people to send in photos and videos.

They and Buzz are rightfully so copping it left right and centre all over social media and I think everyone should let them know how they feel. The more backlash they cop the better.

Oh and for those who worry that we contribute by talking about it, I don't contribute a cent to that stain of a newspaper as most of it shows up on twitter. So Im not too worried about it.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Joshhh likes this.
  6. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The Knights have kept it behind closed doors for years.
    I can't believe any club is stupid enough to not hire a private venue with big fences so the players can be drunken idiots without bothering anyone.
    I can't believe the club is calling the players out on this. The club should have organised this properly - it isn't hard to find a private venue somewhere.

Lord of the Skraelings and Lefty like this.
  7. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Scrap Mad Mondays? Players aren't allowed to have fun or lives of course, might as well lock them up in a boarding house all year round on strict schedules, since the mainstream media is so offended by the outrageous idea of footballers getting on the drink.

Matty23 likes this.
  8. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

Haha wow. Who in there right mind would scrap mad Monday. They are footballers albeit professional ones but they too have a life outside of footy. They all should be allowed to celebrate and be fools. Media always need that story to bring the game in disrepute. Its a joke really.

9. listo

listo Aaron Grainger

After a massive year of busting their arses as a team, journos don’t want them to have a break up party. Hope those wanks don’t go to their staff Christmas party then, ****ing hypocrites

10. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I think us as a club have done the right thing by trying to protect our image. Of course they players should be allowed to let their hair down after a long season, they do have a life outside of football afterall. If the media took their grubby noses out of the behind the scenes stuff and focused on the stuff like finals footy then they wouldn’t be slandered all the time.

11. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Matt White

Project Manager
    Mad Monday is an Australian Sporting ritual , it is the one day players of all codes let their hair down , our club appears to have taken reasonable and responsible steps to keep them under wraps , unfortunately it is inevitable someone will push the boundaries - that’s human nature.
    As long as they don’t hurt anyone ( themselves included ) or break any laws of the land they should be left alone by anyone not involved with the team.

12. Joel

Joel Touche...

Ponga is already a gun at backflipping from roof to pool, all we need now is a collapsible table and a worthy applicant.

kurtsux likes this.
  13. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Well it is the Dogs who like doing everything over the top so what else does their Club expect?

14. Wobbles

Wobbles Rodney Howe

Hopefully he hasn't been going through the WWE archives for matches between the Hardy Boyz, Edge & Christian and the Dudley Boyz

[​IMG]

Joel likes this.
  15. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

I'm all for the old fun and games at end of year, farewells and bonding is good. Think the big thing being investigated will be the licensing laws which prohibit sale of drinks to those already intoxicated and the unsavoury acts, nudity, in public.

16. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
  17. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Whoops didn't see this thread, they did do it privately.

However the scummy telegraph had photographers peeping through windows.

Than the mongrels jumped in a cab and went home!

Your basically asking should blokes be banned from getting together, that's a woeful question to even ask.

18. Joel

Joel Touche...

The Knights had tinted windows at the Cambo, those Bulldogs are absolute rookies tbh.

packo likes this.
  19. Ven

Ven Adrian Bubb

mad Monday will happen whether it's club sanctioned or not. if they scrap it the players will just get together and get on the turps (and rightly so). as said above, dogs need to learn to keep it out of the media's sight.

20. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

That's it. My new occupation is being a rainbow...... Or is that too "manly" maybe showing my true colours :/