Luke's rotten luck continues

Pumba

John Morris
Luke's rotten luck continues
LUCKLESS Knights outside back Luke MacDougall continued his run of outs when he suffered a suspected fractured eye socket in Central Newcastle's 32-28 NSW Cup loss to Wests Magpies at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Saturday.

It was the 26-year-old journeyman's first appearance since undergoing surgery 11 months ago to repair a torn triceps.

MacDougall sustained the injury in the first half and did not return after the break. He will have scans this week to determine the extent of the injury but Knights medical staff hope he will be sidelined for only two or three weeks.

Former Knights junior Samuel Stewart, son of popular foundation Knights skipper "Slammin" Sam Stewart, scored the first try for Gold Coast in the Titans' 42-22 victory over Newcastle in the National Youth Competition curtain-raiser at EAS on Saturday.

A runaway try to Newcastle centre Jared Edwards trimmed the deficit to 24-22 with 11 minutes to go, but the Titans ran in three unanswered converted tries.

Meanwhile, the Knights are through to the final four of the Harold Matthews (under-16) NSW Rugby League junior representative competition after a 28-22 victory over South Sydney at Oki Jubilee Stadium on Saturday.

Newcastle, the 1992 and 2000 Matthews premiers, will now play Parramatta in the semi-finals at St Marys at 1.30pm next Saturday.
LINK

DAMN!

Thats what happened to him,was at the ground but didnt think it was his eye.

Really unlucky for him. A bit of a blow for our depth in FG too.

Any idea how it happened though?

He had a guy around the legs and accidently got kicked in the face as he let the guy go.
He was down holding his face for a long time - i was surprized to see him play on.

He had a guy around the legs and accidently got kicked in the face as he let the guy go.
He was down holding his face for a long time - i was surprized to see him play on.

Did he finish the game?
Unlucky for him, he was one of our better players early last season.

Readin the heading i though it was about Luke WALSH, (another guy who has had terrible luck) but its a huge blow for MadPup. I guess that puts Uate definately next in line for FG though.

And that he did:

96862612.VUOmi37y.ncimagesGSP_5015.jpg

I can't see it either ... I get this: You don't have permission to access /o2/68/668268/1/96862612.VUOmi37y.ncimagesGSP_5015.jpg on this server.

Same as the photo you just posted in another thread.

Back