Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Jekk, Jan 3, 2014.
David Seage. There was a guy destined for greatness but the body simply would not co-operate.
Happy 40th Birthday tomorrow to Justin Holbrook
View attachment 3177
- Born 1976
- Played 5 games for Newcastle between 1999 & 2000
- Also played for Penrith Panthers & Sydney City Roosters
- Coached St George Illawarra Dragons NYC team 2011-2013
- Last seen coaching Parramatta Under 20s team (2014)
That'd be 40 [MENTION=167]Jekk[/MENTION].
And thats why [MENTION=1596]rhugh89[/MENTION] does the birthdays
Happy 30th Birthday today to James McManus! :dancing:
View attachment 3332
- Born 1986 in Scotland
- "Jimmy" "Jimmy Mac" "The Flying Scotsman"
- Has Played 166 games for the Knights 2007-2015
- Has equal most tries in a match for the club at 4 in Round 16, 2013
- Has represented NSW 3 times 2009-2014
- Has represented Country 3 times 2009-2013
- Equal Top Tryscorer in the NRL in 2013
- Suffered a serious head knock/concussion in 2015, his future is yet to be decided.
Birthdays of the week:
NZ rep & former Warriors Coach Tony Kemp of the 1998-1993 Knights turned 48
View attachment 3270
View attachment 3271
And our infamous former NFL player Greg Smith of the 1999 Knights turned 43.
View attachment 3199
NSW Rep & Prodigal son from the 2002-2006 & 2013 teams Anthony Quinn turned 33.
View attachment 3255
1995-1998 coach Mal Reilly turned 68
94-95 Knight and Australian rep Robbie Ross turns the big 4-0
View attachment 3363
9 gamer Ben Donaldson from the 2000/2001 teams turns 37
View attachment 3336
And surrounded in 2004 controversy, now at Hull KR former Knight Dane Tilse turns 31
View attachment 3170
View attachment 3198
View attachment 3300
Kev played 15 games for us from 2010-2013 and today turns 27
View attachment 3224
View attachment 3225
Josh turns 35 today and played 149 games for us between 2000-2007.
View attachment 3237
View attachment 3238
Butts turns the big 5-0 today, a 46 game captain from his Knights career 1988-2000.
View attachment 3584
Madpup turns 34 tomorrow
View attachment 3249
Alex turns 24!
View attachment 3241
View attachment 3216
Everyone loves ours most capped player Bedsy and he turns 38 on Saturday.
Kevin already 27? Where has the time gone?
This weeks birthdays
Gary Wurth (1989-1991) turned 55
View attachment 3308
Jake Mamo (current) turned 22
View attachment 3490
Kurt Gidley (2001-2015) turned 34
View attachment 3247
Scott Conley (1995-1999) turned 43
View attachment 3311
Mick Jenkins (1998.) turned 44
Steve Witt (2004-2005) turns 34
View attachment 3318
Marc Glanville (1988-1997) turns 50
View attachment 3245
View attachment 3246
We have done a massive update and clean up of the first page
We will start to post birthdays again
If you see any errors on the first page let us know so we can correct them
Mitch Barnett - Wingham tigers - not Wigham
Happy birthday to the following players who have all celebrated a Birthday in the last week
David Mullane (Knights Player #49)
- Born 7/7/69
- Hooker / Second Rower
- Played 61 NRL games, All for the Knights 1990-1993
Cooper Vuna (Knights Player #194)
- Born 5/7/87 in Auckland, NZ
- Full name is Kerry Cooper Vuna
- Has a son named Lincoln born 2007
- Played 54 games for the Knights between 2007 & 2010
- Has equal most tries in a match for the club at 4 in Round 24, 2010
- Represented Tonga 3 times in 2008
- Also played 5 games for the Warriors between 2004 & 2006
- Played Rugby Union for the Melbourne Rebels from 2011-2013
- On departure from the Rebels he was their highest try scorer
- Represented Australia in Rugby Union twice in 2012
- Son of John Vuna - Tongan Rugby Union representative
Chris Bailey (Knights Player #184)
- Born 5/7/82 in Inverell, NSW
- Younger Brother of former NRL player Phil Bailey
- Played 29 games for the Knights 2006-2008
- Also played for the Manly Sea Eagles
Paul Rauhihi (Knights Player #129)
- Born 3/7/73 in Porirua, NZ
- Played 19 games for the Knights 1999-2001
- Also played for the Bulldogs and North Queensland Cowboys
- Also played 95 games for Warrington Wolves 2006-2009
- Represented New Zealand for 17 games from 2002-2005
- Retired in 2009
Tim Natusch (Knights Player #212)
- Born 3/7/86 in Papua New Guinea
- Played 3 games for Newcastle in 2009
- Retired after the 2015 season while playing for the Wynnum-Manly Seagulls in the QLD Cup
Mitchell Sargent (Knights Player #196)
- Born 2/7/79 in Canowindra, NSW
- Played 14 games for the Knights in 2007
- Also played for Melbourne Storm & North Qld Cowboys
- Had his Cowboys contract terminated for testing positive for cocaine in an out-of-competition test in 2006
- Played for Castleford in the UK Super league
- Represented Country for one game in 2006
- Retired in 2010
Matt Gidley (Knights Player #98)
- Born 1/7/77 in Newcastle, NSW
- Older brother of fellow Knight Kurt Gidley
- One of only 7 players to play 200+ games for the Knights
- Played 221 games for the Knights 1996-2006
- Captained the Knights for 2 games in 2004-2005
- Premiership winner with the Knights in 2001
- Represented Country once in 2005
- Represented NSW 11 times 2000-2004
- Represented Australia 17 times 1999-2004
- Finished his career in 2010 with St Helens in the ESL
- Current CEO of the Knights (2017)
Did Mitchell Sargent ever make first grade for us?
Yeah he played a few games in 2007. Went pretty good as well.
Happy birthday to the following players who celebrate a Birthday this week !!
Travis Waddell (Knights Player #240)
- Born 11/7/89 in Proserpine, QLD
- Played 20 games for the Knights from 2013-2014
- Also played 53 games for the Canberra Raiders
- Made his first grade debut in 2009
- Members of his extended family include Dane Gagai & Broncos player Josh Hoffman
- Most remembered for his 1 on 1 steal against Billy Slater in the Knight's miracle win over the Storm in Round 22, 2014
- Currently contracted to the Broncos (2017)
Brad Godden (Knights Player #66)
- Born 13/7/69 in Newcastle, NSW
- Played 89 games for the Knights 1991-1996
- Fullback / Wing / Centre
- Represented Australia once in 1992
- Also played for the Hunter Mariners and Leeds Rhinos
- Retired in 1999
Justin Ryder (Knights Player #133)
- Born 14/7/80 in Nepean, NSW
- Played 27 games for the Knights 2000-2002
Todd Lowrie (Knights Player #158)
- Born 14/7/83 in Scone, NSW
- Second Rower / Lock
- Played 57 games for the Knights 2003-2006
- He has also played for the Broncos, Warriors, Eels and Storm
- 2012 Premiership winner with the Storm
- Retired in 2016
- Current Head Coach of our Holden Cup Team (2017)
Cory Paterson (Knights Player #189)
- Born 14/7/87 Perth, Western Australia
- Second Rower
- Back up Goal Kicker
- Infamously converted to Islam in 2011
- Took a playing break while battling depression
- Played 77 games for the Knights 2007-2011
- Australian Schoolboy Player
- Also played for the Cowboys
- Announced he was quitting the NRL at the end of 2014 to take up boxing
- Signed with Salford for the 2015 season
- Currently playing for the Leigh Centurions (2017)
Oh the knight Ryder. What happened to him?
@Billy might know ??
Justin Ryder was a runner and assistant coach for one of our junior sides last year or the year before.
I think I heard he was working in his father's real estate business.
Your a legend Billy!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well there ya go! Good to hear he was still involved up until recently. Very nice bloke off the field.
Separate names with a comma.