Knights Trial Games

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Richard Clarke

But who's counting?

2. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Moi!

Desperately counting and looking forward with great enthusiasm.

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

First trial games for 18s and 16s should be in about 2 or 3 weeks.
    Under 18s this year could be something really special.

knightslad, Defender1 and newy guy29 like this.
  4. newy guy29

newy guy29 Robbie Tew

real eastate
    Who are the ones in u18s SG Ball to keep an eye on. This age group has lost a few players from Harold Matthews cup. So should be interesting

5. Billy

Well I notice halves Pheonix Crossland and Jock Madden, along with others like Brock Gardner, Tom Baker, Timanu Alexander and maybe a few more from the 2016 under 16s are all training with the under 20s in the off season. I don't know how we'll be doing it this year, but i'd hope most of those guys will play under 18s till the Ball season is over.
    Others from the 2017 Mathews squad like Best, Buderus, Croker, Purcell all look ready to step up a year early.
    I think we have also recruited a kiwi and a Fijian.
    I haven't seen any mention of Teva Mataora or Joel Dark, but they are guys I hope we see as well.
    We made the grandfinal in Mathews in 2016 and 2017 for a narrow loss and a narrow win, so most of the players in under 18s this year will be coming from those winning squads.

newy guy29 likes this.
  6. newy guy29

newy guy29 Robbie Tew

real eastate
    Yeah your right, Crossland, Madden, Gardiner, Baker, Alexander all been training with 20s, But all returned to Ball training prior to Xmas.
    I hope Crossland & Madden have a great 2018 as unfortunately 2017 playing ball a year young didn't do them any favours specially in defence. But its a learning curve.
    Gardener didn't play much Ball a year young coukdnt get a run. All I hope is he has put some weight on in the off season, He is way to lean to play middle
    Baker is a great prospect up front
    Alexander is for mine pick of the group. Very exciting player who can play numerous positions but doesn't get the recognition he deserves, Great player

Others a year young in 2018
    Best fantastic player but not long had shoulder reco so wont play any part in SG Ball a year young
    Bederus will be in the squad but a lot will depend on how Crossland & Madden go. If any injuries Bederus will be straight in
    Croker a good player but I'm unsure how much time he will get
    Purcell This will be interesting. He plays lock as does Gardiner, Unless they move Gardiner to 2nd row or they move Purcell to front row. Personaly I think Purcell is a good player but he is someone who is not explosive or someone who will break the line, But still a great worker looking forward to see how he handles SG Ball a year young

7. EASBay17

EASBay17 Michael Eagar

In an interview with browny today he said our first trial is against melbourne. Does anyone know the when and where of this game? Judging by his comments theres quite a few first graders he wants to have run in this match.

8. Billy

Melbourne have games against Leeds, Warriors and Cowboys according to the roar site.

9. EASBay17

EASBay17 Michael Eagar

Not sure if interview has been posted elsewhere but he said we play storm before parra trial?

10. EASBay17

EASBay17 Michael Eagar

11. Billy

maybe we are giving Melbourne a warm up game the week before the WCC. I know Leeds are playing a warmup game.

EASBay17 likes this.
  12. EASBay17

EASBay17 Michael Eagar

Storm play leeds on the 16th of feb and we play parra on the 24th i think. So if we do id assume its in the 2nd week of feb. Preaseason games are listed on nrl.com and only has us down as playing parra.

13. Billy

It could also be our fringe guys against Storm fringe guys.
    I know our first trial last year was our reserves v titans reserves in Murwillumbah and it wasn't treated as a real trial. The only firstgrader playing was Hodko from memory.
    I went up to watch it and it was funny hearing the comments in the stands when Tom Starling was warming up about how the little guy was going to get killed, and the little guy had a blinder.

14. Billy

15. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Brock Mueller

Has there been trials in the past that have been closed to the public. I honestly dont know.

I wonder if the score will be publicised at all!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

16. EASBay17

EASBay17 Michael Eagar

i wonder if there was enough interest from the fans perhaps they may stream it. No doubt the club will be recording it for analysis purposes

17. Billy

Melbourne probably want to keep their positional changes under wraps if they are using it to warm up for the WCC.

18. danknights

danknights Darren Albert

Great trial game that one!!!! Mods move it wherever necessary.

19. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    The Knights score, and the crowd goes wil- oh no sorry, nevermind.

20. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Brock Mueller

Can someone confirm the kickoff time for the Knights V Parra trial in Maitland? I've been searching a while online and can't find it anywhere.