Knights sign Jesse Ramien

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by josh2010, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

I kind of think your right but it would be such a pity to see him go..

2. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Ross is an ego out of control play Sio who will do a wingers job before someone else can go there.

Ross **** peice about getting no ball showed his dumb and selfish.

3. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Yeah but not Sio he didn't impress me at all last year i thought he was very ordinary , either Dennis or Tom Hughes .

4. Lord of the Skraelings

Really I see it as getting rid of the last Bennett and Tinkler hangover.

His never excelled at any position and been poor st 2/3 of them on marquee money.

5. Lord of the Skraelings

Works for me.

Ethan likes this.
  6. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

I don't think he is poor but he hasn't worked out to be the game breaker we were hoping for that is for sure ...

7. BargeArse

BargeArse Gary Wurth

Don’t get the hate for Sio. He was solid last year. Did his job, was dependable, nothing flash but you can win with him and he won’t lose you games.

As for Sione vs Moga, it’s kind of a moot point with Moga penned for a few seasons at decent coin and Sione coming off contract. As for a player comparison, Moga’s ceiling is much higher than Sione’s IMO. Everyone saw what he did last year with Broncos, right? Was one of the better strike centres in the comp the back half of last season. He was carving teams up. Sione has a higher floor, I’ll give him that, I just don’t think he’ll ever be a top tier centre. Maybe Moga won’t ever regain that form again, who knows, but he proved he had it in him last year. Sione’s never reached that level. And he’s off contract with Ramien coming aboard.

slotmachine and mozza like this.
  8. Lord of the Skraelings

Would rather Siones money to get a decent winger and upgrade some players.

9. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

I thought Sio was poor last year ...Give Dennis a go he has put on some muscle was playing well in the trials and opposed sessions he is big and tall and would give us 2 big bodies on that side of the field and maybe he and Moga might get on together ...

10. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

Ramien in for Ross, with Ross leaving the club... (just a theory)

11. Lord of the Skraelings

Sione and Ross can both go overpaid and overhyped.

12. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Ross has been a sensation for us on the wing since he debuted at 26. Aside from Gagai he'd be top for metres gained, line breaks, tackle breaks and tries. He has fairly consistently produced magic for us. And for a small fee - he is not over paid

Problem is, he is now 30 and not capable of what he was a year or two ago. Look at the Morris twins, as an example. That being said, he's had one or two quiet games. I agree, not good enough for his standards but the absolute garbage coming from Lord takes no account of reality in any way, whatsoever. Its just mindless slander of a really committed winger who's guilty of having had a couple of quiet games following 3 years of great form

Matty23 likes this.
  13. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Shots fired

14. BargeArse

BargeArse Gary Wurth

I feel like the Ross hate is a knee jerk reaction over the first 3 games. To be fair, none of our back 5 except Ponga have played well but. They’ve ranged from having poor moments to just being solid. We need more from all of them, not just Ross.

15. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Don't hold back Lord, tell us what you really think.

16. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Ross v Manly: 102 metres, 2 tacklebreaks.
    Ross v Canberra: 130 metres, 1 try assist, 2 tacklebreaks, 1 linebreak.
    Ross v Roosters: 94 metres.
    1 error to his name so far. But yes, he’s definitely the problem..

He hasn’t been getting quality service as previous seasons and he’s been stranded out on the wing defensively because Moga has been rushing out of the line and not communicating. Just because he’s not been scoring the flashy tries doesn’t mean he hasn’t been putting in the work. We’re yet to see the best out of the combination on that side of the field and once they start to click and get that early ball then we should be making the judgements as to who should/shouldn’t be there.

17. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

My comment wasn't hate for Ross. I'm a fan of his... Was referencing the recent chat about him going to the Tigers to play fullback.

18. Ak-47

Ak-47 Nathan Ross

I don't mind Sio he does his job, he by far the flash try scorer compared to others. But price tag we get his worth handy back up, my concern is Sione's contract how much is he worth and how much would other teams pay for. Keeps getting head knocks which is concerning for such a big guy. We get Ramien in centre and Moga next year, not sure SKD is contracted for but he can play wing and centre if needed, if Ross gets too hot headed and knights move him on we got Sio to back up no one player is bigger then the club.

19. R_A

R_A Clint Newton

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Sio has been good in reserves this season doing everyrhing. Ross' selective stats posted here dont paint the full picture of him being a defensive liability all three games. Hopefully he doesn't get found out there against the dragons like he did last year .

20. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Yeah I can’t see how people thought Sio was terrible last year? He’s pretty solid all round. Make good carries coming out of our half, decent defensively and pretty safe under the high ball. Pretty similar to McManus really.