Knights sign Jesse Ramien

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by josh2010, Feb 11, 2018.

1. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Not this slots. Moga's first hit out since surgery end of last year. Both he and Sione defended woefully.

2. krustykraz

krustykraz Shane Mackley

Sione did out play Moga tonight.
    But i hope both will improve imensley this year.
    Dan played fantastic after surgery

Barry Crush and slotmachine like this.
  3. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

It's a good thing brownie is bald because he'd be tearing his hair watching those 2 make bad read after bad read.
    at least sione mixed in some good contact, for a huge unit moga was getting brushed off with ease.

Left Foot and Adam76 like this.
  4. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Moga was a poor defender at Brisbane. He did address it and improve however.

He has a tendency to jump out of the line, most of time he shuts his man down and you appreciate it.

Everybody drop the razors.

member 2299 and LEVR like this.
  5. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    No packo not razors.

The noose son here, the noose and the lynch mob.

6. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Matt Jobson

Ramien named to play his first game of the season at centre for the Sharks this week.

7. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Will be interesting to see how he goes, our two centres went ok last week but we still need to strengthen that area.

8. BargeArse

BargeArse Robbie McCormack

Round 1 I didn’t think our centres did anything, but last week I thought they went well.

Our left side with Moga had a lot of success, mostly due to Ponga’s brilliance, but I thought Moga had some nice touches.

Sione was quiet in the first half, but I thought he had a really strong second half. Gave him 1 point in the MSKOTW thread, actually.

Moga finished the 2017 season as a real strike centre for Broncos. Hoping he can find that form again and our halves can give him some good early ball.

Not sold on Sione in the centres (or the backrow funnily enough), but he’s solid and reliable and had a strong showing last week.

Barring injury, these two will be our centres for the 2018 season. Ramien is an exciting prospect and I’ll be watching him closely for Sharks this week, but that’s looking forward to next season. Nobody is strengthening the centre position for us this season.

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  9. R_A

R_A Clint Newton

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Speaking of centres, based off the last two games we definitely made the right call on not matching Gaigai's Souths offer.
    Makes his usual one break a game when he has room and that's about it. Hasn't really improved on the other end.

10. krustykraz

krustykraz Shane Mackley

My old mans a souths supporter and hates gags. Blames me for every mistake he makes. Goes on about him doing nothing and cant defend.
    I just respond i told you so lol

packo likes this.
  11. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Sione seems to handle Papali running at him OK. Thought he got the better of him in a game last year and handled the traffic on Sunday.

12. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Ramien looks classy as all hell with the ball in hand. I wont be surprised if by seasons end we are awaiting the arrival of a really classy centre, and all there is left to discuss is who out of Sione or Moga will make way

A real strike centre of rep quality, plus a rep quality prop to start and we are GF material imo. Laugh all you want folks, I may be the only person on this forum to hold this opinion, but I know what Ive seen the past two weeks. We are the real deal. This isn't 2015 where we were directionless, classless battlers who fluke a few wins. We are actually outplaying quality teams - to win a comp there isnt anymore to it than that

Wobbles and Tasgirl like this.
  13. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Fair bit of talk about Folau coming back to League. Realistically we’d be one of the few clubs with the cash to afford him (although the Roosters and Broncos will find the money somewhere I’m sure).

Don’t watch that wank of a sport he’s currently playing but apparently he’s the Wallabies most dangerous player by a mile. Would we be interested? A lot would have to go our way and with him being out of the game for so long it’s a risk. But it could be a potentially great albeit unlikely signing.

14. krustykraz

krustykraz Shane Mackley

Hes definently a talent.
    Would make the perfect centre for us for next year. But is a centre worth 1mil?
    And i doubt he'll come here.

15. danknights

danknights Mark Hughes

Folau is not the player he used to be. Full stop no thanks. We can get younger cheaper guys doing the same he could.

16. LEVR

LEVR Banned

He was probably the best centre/back in the game before he left. The Eels were about to pay him 800k or more before the NRL fkd around and forced his hand to sign with the Waratahs

Id sign him in an instant for 1M. He'd be a critical piece of a premiership machine. We could easily find 300k in 3rd party for him, so his net cost under the cap would be equivalent to what Gags was on prior to leaving

Wobbles likes this.
  17. cowboyman

cowboyman Timana Tahu

Hospitality
    How could you know that when a few weeks ago you knew nothing of the guy? Watched a few YouTube videos did we?

Geez you talk so much crap.

88Knight4life and Joel like this.
  18. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Seems you know the answer to this question now :shrug::lol:

krustykraz likes this.
  19. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Folau still has the best leap going around - his time in AFL means he actually has a better leap now than when he played League, and he had the best in League by a mile.

20. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    C’mon Kenny sort these fools out mate.

cowboyman, Joshhh and 88Knight4life like this.