Knights set to extend the contract of coach Nathan Brown

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Ethan

Ethan Sean Rudder

I was just asking if it said it somewhere else but really it doesn't have to be week to week that's just a guess then it could be month to month or season to season ...

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

It's called week to week employment because people in insecure employment are traditionally paid once a week.

3. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    I think the week by week thing is a tad overblown. West’s arent going to sack Brownie mid way through a season. They also aren’t gonna sack brownie if he loses 2-3 matches in a row at any point during the season.
    It just ensures if there is a very bad season then at the end of the season or close to it then West’s can make an informed and educated decision to terminate his employment.

But the perk is if the knighthts play finals footy, or make the top 4, make it deeper to the grand final then Brownie is rewarded with $$$. And keeps the job for as long as he wants to.

I quite like the idea. It’s a clean new slate with the new management so looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

4. danknights

danknights Adam Woolnough

The hard part of that is that 1 bloke(coach) has to get 35 players wanting to absolutely tear other sides to shreds for every minute they are out there and that is just not fair on Brown.

5. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    West’s aren’t stupid, Gardner has already said he is very happy and wants Brown to stay so I think unless the Knights finish closer to the bottom four it may be a tap on the shoulder.
    I don’t think he will get sacked if he misses the 8. Might get a please explain. And then if the knights continue to underperform over a period of weeks then maybe a tap on the shoulder.
    West’s have already acknowledged the great job Brownie has done and the players have a big wrap on him so I’m not too concerned about the open ended part as long as they hit a few HR signiings next year (Ah Mau for example)

And as Gardner mentioned it goes off a trust base, let Brownie coach and let West’s run their side of things

6. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Of course he will be extended and rightly so.

The lynch mob are extremely disappointed in this 4/7 result. And week to week is 100% BS Billy.

Tasgirl likes this.
  7. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Andrew 'Joey' Johns