Knights Ownership

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Billy, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Kim1ill

Kim1ill Glen Miller

I don't doubt there's an opportunity for another team in Brisbane- 2.something million people in 'rugby league heartland' and a one team town. Theoretically, the competition would become fairer with another Brisbane team.
    But anyone who wants rugby league to survive in nsw and isn't a complete idiot would never take a team froM Newcastle and the hunter. So much talent and a genuine, relatively un-challenged supporter base. The region provides quality players to all nsw based teams- and the NRL is nothing without the rivalry between QLD and NSW.
    In short ludicrous, do more for us, bla bla bla, beer me.

2. listo

listo Darren Treacy

Gold Coast Titans. They've tried over & over & failed every time. It's not too far to move the team for their players too

3. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Move my Knights and I'll move my closed fists in an upwards motion towards your chin.

Tasgirl likes this.
  4. relicorange94

relicorange94 Evan Cochrane

Mai-Wel
    A Shoryuken perhaps?

Matty23 likes this.
  5. Kurriboy

Kurriboy John Morris

Kens Dragon Punch FTW.

6. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Much like when Tinkler wanted to take over I'm pretty sure there would be some legal protection regarding the Knights name, colours, location etc meaning nothing in that regard can change, and secondly if Wests were taking up the part ownership model i find it hard to fathom the Knights would be moving anywhere.

I am however, interested to hear about these 'other ideas' which we still haven't heard of as well.

7. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

You're being naive if you think there has to be an NRL side in Newcastle.

Kurriboy likes this.
  8. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Personally I would trust Uncle Rupe's boy Turdburg as far as I could kick him, and that would not be far bearing in mind I have a replacement knee!!!!!

Tasgirl likes this.
  9. member 2299

Retired
    It is all Turdburg putting on 'pressure'.

St George Illawarra are in a similar position. Local WIN TV major shareholder George Crawford is prepared to take on a similar part ownership model. There is one stumbling block. SGI are $5 million in hock to the NRL. Crawford has agreed to pay this amount over a period of five years with 5% interest on the loan. That does not suit Turdburg who wants the money cash up front, which goes against Crawford's business plan for the Saints so like us they sit in the dark waiting for a common sense decision.

Knowing several of the Wests Board, they will dig their toes in for the very best outcome. I can well imagine a similar situation regarding 'outstanding arrears' and the millions the NRL wanted.

Tasgirl likes this.
  10. Kim1ill

Kim1ill Glen Miller

I don't think it's naive...
    arrogant maybe...

slotmachine likes this.
  11. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Queensland won't work. They are out of Their minds to move the team. Majority of QLD supports Brisbane, followed by the Cows, Titans have been a flop and they should have established a team in Ipswisch or Redcliffe. Actual Rugby League Towns. That's why Newcastle get 15k to a losing team.

12. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Do you think the NRL care about crowds?

13. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

i think its safe to say one way or another we will have the ownership sorted by end of year! Hopefully its Wests!

14. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Adam MacDougall

Only when the media start talking about the crowds being low.

No media talk no care factor.

slotmachine likes this.
  15. member 2299

Retired
    Come on josh we were told it would be last Christmas.

The Wests consider any arrears would come to them with the Club, but they object most strongly to Turdburg trying to hook millions out of it for the NRL as the Knights were a community based club.

16. Kurriboy

Kurriboy John Morris

If we are so far under the cap this year, and not using it for front loading. Then give it back to the NRL to repay some of this loan.

Next year, if we haven't gone well with the signings and half way through season have cap space left, do it again.

Wests won't have a lot of debt left to take over.

The question is whether the NRL will hand the club over free to Wests and drop this 10 million valuation rubbish. They didn't pay for the club initially, shouldn't be looking to profit from the transition of ownership.

Lefty and 88Knight4life like this.
  17. relicorange94

relicorange94 Evan Cochrane

Mai-Wel
  18. Kurriboy

Kurriboy John Morris

So the NRL travel up to Newcastle to do a sales pitch to Wests. The NRL has no other prospective buyers despite their bluff in the papers recently stating there were several options, I am sure they were leaning heavily on the "Our Knights" bid as the other mysterious party.

It seems the sales pitch amounted more to borderline begging to me.

Seems Wests are playing a game of chicken at the moment. NRL has no other realistic options, hardly a situation where they can make demands on pricing etc.

Lefty likes this.
  19. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The problem is that a lot of the Sydney clubs are bankrolled by clubs or individuals who are happy enough to tip money into the club, and the NRL think someone in Newcastle should also be willing to do that. Wests are the last people who will **** away money with no prospects of making a return down the road, and no one else in Newcastle has that mindset either.

20. listo

listo Darren Treacy

Is Marwan Koukash not interested anymore?
    I understand he's a bit loose but we know he's not afraid to spend a dollar