Knights Ownership

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Billy, Aug 5, 2016.

1. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

I consider myself a pretty big fan, but there's no way I could ever have afforded it.

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adrian Brunker

I registered my interest. Weren''t we supposed to be getting some sort of business plan from them on how exactly they were going to work their financial magic on the club lol.

3. member 2299

member 2299 Andrew 'Joey' Johns

Retired
    Look at it this way Kurriboy.

If 'they' were so clever, where was the magic pre-Tinkerbelle?

4. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adrian Brunker

I get that, just curious where there big plan went. They don't have the numbers, but they certainly aren't going to get them not releasing their big plan.

I was curious to see what they say we can do to suddenly become profitable.

5. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    The club was reviewing the 'Patrons Trust' model which involved a number of very rich businessmen making similar type of donations except much larger (one was a Knights fan who publicly declared his interest, cant remember the name off the top of my head though) but the board/CEO still get to run the club type of thing. The rich businessmen wouldn't interfer too much...I think

It was being reviewed at the time of the Tinkler ownership/HSG model but it seemed to fall on deaf ears, but it seems like we are revisiting a poor mans version of it now lol (literally)

6. member 2299

member 2299 Andrew 'Joey' Johns

Retired
    Patrons Trust was a loan system which had to be paid back, not donations.

One of the driving guys behind it went that way with the Dragons. Andrew someone from memory, like Tinkerbelle tied up with mining.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  7. R_A

R_A Todd Bates

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Fair enough, wasn't sure if it was one or the other.
    The pay it back part from memory was more of a whenever you can type of thing.
    Not like a tinkler I want my money back if you don't let me buy the team.
    Andrew does ring a bell

8. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Grant Stuart

9. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

10. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adrian Brunker

If they try to relocate Knights, there will be marches like Souths. Except where Souths fans marched but don't attend games, we do.

I'll turn my back on the game completely if they move the team.

Anyway, It will come down to how much Wests actually want a Newcastle NRL team, you would think it benefits them having an NRL team in the region.

Hopefully the deal can be ironed out.

11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adrian Brunker

The NRL certainly aren't helping recruitment to Newcastle with this **** they are on about moving us to Brisbane.

We are trying to sell the town of Newcastle to prospective signings whilst the NRL are saying we'll move the team to Brisbane if no buyers are forthcoming.

Can the NRL sabotage us any more than they already do ffs. They don't let us spend the cap for a period to repay their loan, then let the salary cap be a travesty making it very difficult to sign players, and now threatening a move to Brisbane right when we have positive rebuilding in it's beginning stages.

Tasgirl likes this.
  12. listo

listo Lee Jackson

They move my team & I never watch another game of rugby league again.

13. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Ben Kennedy

THE NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS are never leaving newcastle, the nrl/media are trying to entice the west members to take over without a second thought!! Just a scare tactic for the great good of the knights, the community and nrl.
    Farrrrrken relax

14. listo

listo Lee Jackson

Maybe you should relax, all I said was if my team moves, I give up footy. There was no carry on, I just stated a fact.
    Weather I think it will happen or not is a different story

15. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Ben Kennedy

Was at the whole forum not just u mate!
    Think some call it a "simmering post" on a matter that could cause full out war hahaha

16. listo

listo Lee Jackson

Haha, yeh, **** Trump & Kim Jong Tim Tam, move our Knights, then you'll see a war!

17. listo

listo Lee Jackson

In all honesty though, NRL may be dumb, but they aren't ****ing brain dead. Taking a team off the Newy community would do more harm to the NRL than good. A **** sandwich would give our team a touch up but the fans stick by their team like **** to a blanket.
    We are one team that's guaranteed immunity imo.

Lefty likes this.
  18. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adrian Brunker

Whilst I don't think they will actually move us, making the threat damages our brand and our chances of luring players to the club. As above we are trying to sell the area as a great place to live, and the NRL come out with this rubbish!

And whilst I don't think they actually will move us, it is credible to move a club from a struggling area, where there are little TPA's to an area where there is great commercial support.

slotmachine likes this.
  19. Lefty

Lefty Dave Woods

The NRL would be foolish to move the Knights from Newcastle, it is too big a city to walk away from. The Knights supporters would be extremely angry and would refuse to support the team if it was moved to Brisbane. The game would lose many passionate supporters and it would be irretrievably burnt in Newcastle.

I would turn my back on the game that I have loved since I was a boy.

The NRL are just using the talk of relocating the Knights as a scare tactic to put pressure on Wests to buy the Knights.

The NRL should remember the pivotal role that Newcastle played in turning the tide during the Super League War

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tasgirl likes this.
  20. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Adrian Brunker

Toohey needs to come out and write a how dare they even suggest it article.

I'd even accept the article written by Butts.

Tasgirl and Lefty like this.