Knights Injury and Suspension Updates

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Oct 6, 2017.

1. krustykraz

krustykraz Lee Jackson

Lino's defence would be a big issue at hooker.

2. Joey1245

Joey1245 Mike McLean

This is what they were rumored to be looking at

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I've not said anything about Kiwis as players.
    Many of our best young players have been Kiwis.
    I've said it's a waste of time us training them up, because as soon as they get an offer to go to a big city they are off as fast as they can go. They have no interest in being in Newcastle. Qld players are nearly as keen to leave as soon as they get an offer.
    Country boys are the only ones who stick around if they have a choice - and we'd get a lot more value for our dollar if we recruited from NSW country areas.

4. Joel

Joel Touche...

So these #facts are actually a rumour? I knew it sounded stupid.

5. Joey1245

Joey1245 Mike McLean

Do you and your lover @cowboyman just sit together waiting for some one to write some thing a lil off just to jump on it? You fat Cheeto finger idiot stop being a troll and actually contribute something if not ****ing
    Leave

6. Joel

Joel Touche...

I’ve got a lot of lover boys on here thank you very much. You’re just mad man, please chill. I don’t attack anyone here. I’m sorry if you’re offended by me saying you’re post sounded stupid.

7. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    You mean to say you’ve been cheating on me? Haha

Joel likes this.
  8. Joey1245

Joey1245 Mike McLean

Hahah I’m not offended at all! It takes a lot more then you and your mate to get me offended it’s just boring having to deal with you two!

9. Joel

Joel Touche...

Be warned my friend, this offseason will be a long one. My gangly dorito fingers are ready to strike while typing at any moment.

Joey1245 and Matty23 like this.
  10. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Ahh Joel my lad you are taking CBM too seriously ~ he is a bit of a stirrer.

11. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    The funny thing is I haven’t done anything in this thread and the news of Joel and I forming some team against poor old Joey is new to me :lol:

12. Joel

Joel Touche...

I think it’s pretty obvious by now that we are the same person posting on different accounts.

Joey1245, Joshhh and cowboyman like this.
  13. Joey1245

Joey1245 Mike McLean

See Joel you are funny!

14. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Injury update: Moga and Saifiti twins

Newcastle Knights
    Fri 9 Nov 2018, 02:16 PM

Danny Levi and Jacob Saifiti are on the comeback trail.

Having had back and shoulder surgery, respectively, the duo has ramped up their efforts at training this week.

Head of Physical Performance, Balin Cupples said the pair are making big strides ahead of the 2019 season.

"In the last few days we've had Danny and Jakey migrate into the full team with some small modifications where they're pretty much doing all skills and all games and all the conditioning with the main group," Cupples explained.

"It's good to get that more numbers on the field and be sort of able to straight away build those combinations in with coaches and in with some new coaches to take us forward."

Jacob's brother, Daniel is recovering from a foot injury which troubled him in the back-end of the 2018 season.

"Dan obviously had a lisfranc injury through the year," Cupples said.

"Pretty exciting times for Dan, he's made some really good progress. He's back for his first run on the field and come through Alter G sessions, just working on that lower body strength application over last off-season break.

"To be able to get him on field and moving on the grass is a really big milestone for him. We're really excited as a group to get him out there with a few other boys."

Tautau Moga injured his ACL early in the 2018 season and recovering at a steady rate.

He's slowly increasing his workload with Cupples pleased with his progress.

"Tau's another one where we're just building his change of direction at the moment," Cupples explained.

"Reactive, a little more hard cutting and he's been going really good with his strength build up in the gym. We're just working on some hop-land work with him.

"Tau's another one that keeps ticking boxes along the way and he's been progressing."

Injured players and expected return dates:

Kalyn Ponga (Ankle - Round 1)

Connor Watson (Groin - Round 1)

Daniel Saifiti (Foot - Round 1)

Tautau Moga (ACL - Early Rounds)

Danny Levi (Back - Round 1)

Slade Griffin (ACL - Indefinite)

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2018/11/09/injury-update-moga-and-saifiti-twins/

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  15. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty George Mann

Interesting, no mention of Ross...

Lefty likes this.
  16. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

So maybe he is fit and ready to go?

17. Still_Nutty

Still_Nutty George Mann

Considering he was flagged as having fairly major surgery to re-attach a tendon to the groin and earlier info suggested he'd have a fair amount of rehab to get him right for the 2019 season, I would have expected in this article that they would at least mention he is good and back into full training if that were the case?

18. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

“Nathan Ross, who had groin surgery, is set for a two-month lay-off period. He's set to miss the first fortnight of 2019 preparations before returning to full fitness by December.”

- NRL.com

Frank McWilliams and Still_Nutty like this.
  19. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From NRL.com

Newcastle Knights

Knights trio Kalyn Ponga, Connor Watson and Danny Levi are making strong progress in their return from injury.

Both Ponga (ankle) and Watson (groin) are running and will return to training with the full squad from the start of December after returning from surgery.

Levi had surgery on his back in the off-season but is not expected to miss much training as he completes his recovery.

Nathan Ross, who had groin surgery, is set for a two-month lay-off period. He's set to miss the first fortnight of 2019 preparations before returning to full fitness by December.

Tautau Moga continues his rehabilitation from a knee reconstruction and will join the squad for training in November.

Slade Griffin is confident of returning from his knee injury in the second half of the 2019 season.

Jacob Saifiti (shoulder) is expected to be fine for pre-season training in November.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/22/casualty-ward--late-mail-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news/

20. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Slade should nick off for a holiday with Mullo's Dr for 3 months to Thailand.