Knights extend the contract of coach Nathan Brown

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Oct 9, 2017.

1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Did a pretty good job with Huddersfield with a team that was barely able to complete 2yrs before.

2. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

Brown isn't the problem. We have too many Reserve graders calling themselves 1st graders.

3. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Ross still think he’s s chance st SOO?

88Knight4life likes this.
  4. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Why isn't brown developing reserve graders into first graders?

Everyone told me sione and the twins are going to be playing origin. Now they're reserve graders. Hard to keep up.

5. 88Knight4life

Country origin maybe lol

6. 88Knight4life

For a guy that seemed to have common sense, you've fallen behind.

I think its mostly trolling cause what else can u do atm follwing this mess lol, though ur becoming a front runner with lord for banker of the year

7. slotmachine

Seems to me the argument is brown just needs to keep buying more players? It's certainly not on him to make them better.

In that case just make mooney the coach

8. Damo Levy

Damo Levy Michael McKeirnan

Definitely can’t let Mooney go.

Jury still out on Brown. Sorry but you will have to wait till he has his team.

Defender1 likes this.
  9. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Matt White

Project Manager
    Brown is the coach and will remain that way for a bit yet , we have a team it mightn’t be much but it’s ours, what Brownie needs to do his concentrate on developing a new attitude by getting them to play to the best of their ability , not give up and play for each other .

I have a stress headache from the recent Sharks game which wouldn’t hurt half as bad if i thought they were putting in for each other.

10. slotmachine

****ing lol this is year 3 sunshine. he bought three quarters of the players on the field today. this is his team, and he's taking it backwards quickly.

furthermore NSW Cup is a dumpster fire and we have absolutely no depth despite giving supposed coach brown licence to burn the place down and start again. he says the same team runs out again next week in the presser. that'll do me.

what on earth these brown apologists see I'll never know. He's a fantastic PR man but have seen zero on the field

11. Damo Levy

Just because he bought them doesn’t mean they were his first choice players.

Lillyman? Heighington? Most players he has bought are stopgaps.

Over the past few years I have heard commentators make predictions of between 5-9 years for our rebuild.
    Why are you expecting it to be quicker?

I haven’t seen anything to make me think Brown is a good coach but I won’t judge him until he has decent players.

12. slotmachine

Ivan Cleary turned the Tigers around in 12 months. I see them play and think they actually have a coach at the helm.

I watch us and think a drunk bloke in row ZZ is giving the half time talk.

Brown is never going to get all the players he wants. we're not the broncos.

Beaumont likes this.
  13. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    We couldn't have been any worse today if Super Hubert was the coach.

Tasgirl likes this.
  14. Damo Levy

That’s comparing apples and oranges. Their problems were different and roster wasn’t as bad as ours.

Also they are sliding like us too.

15. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Like it or not there is not much point discussing Brownies future. Fortunately for the factually incorrect haters here if he has a bad season in 2019 and the Wests aren't happy they can sack him and dust their hands of him. And who knows if Pearce gets injure again maybe even sooner!

16. slotmachine

They lost their three best players, their problems were worse.

17. Quinny

Quinny Josh Smith

Student
    I am a big Brown fan I think he has done a lot for this club and have defended him on here numerous times before but after the last month I think you would be naive to not think Wests are looking at other options. We have a number of home games coming up and if we don’t perform over the next month Brown will be under threat.

What concerns me most is our biggest problem area in defence has not improved for some time and the quality sides all use the same game plan to beat us ( run decoys at the half\ second rower and play at the back, score in the corner). What was concerning about today thou was some of our poor defensive reads came from our experienced heads like Lillyman and Hieghtening on Lewis.

Brown has an issue no amount of coaching can fix and that’s that the only two halfbacks in the club are injuried and no one else has the ability to play seven. Cogger is lost out their he does not know what to do with the ball once he gets it and looks to Watson for instructions plus his kicking game is non existent.

Wests did not grow to be the organisation like they are today on the back of blind faith so don’t expect them to now starting place that in Brown. If they do look elsewhere it will be to someone with a proven track record and I think that will be Michael Maguire.

18. Damo Levy

And still had a better team than us

19. Damo Levy

I’m not sold on Brown yet. Just think that the main problem is the standard of players not the coaching.

Better to fix that first then if things don’t get better then change the coach.

Sione can’t blame his defence on Brown.

20. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Brown certainly deserves until the end of the season. We can reassess then. If a better coach is available we should definitely consider it.