Knights extend the contract of coach Nathan Brown

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Brown would be saying the same team runs out next week as we just don't have options to being anybody in. I'd be playing Yates but otherwise not really any changes to be made.

I have to question Browns influence, he clearly does not appear to be able to motivate the team to be up for games, to play for each other and not let the bloke next to you down.

Our defence is what really annoys me, and it is getting worse somehow.

2. Quinny

Quinny Josh Smith

Student
    I agree Brown has lacked the cattle needed to excel but what concerns me is I just don’t think our defensive structures work. They are constantly being tore apart in a near identical way and I think that is contributing to some of our poor reads because we are just being stripped for numbers not just on Sione’s side leading to bad reads.

Beaumont, Simon Templar and Damo Levy like this.
  3. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Matt White

Project Manager
    Me thinks their 3 best players were their problem.

4. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Kurriboy you cannot motivate the unmovable.

Too many of our players are settled in a comfort zone. The only one to improve is Fitzgibbon. The moving they need is on!

5. Ven

Ven Adrian Bubb

the thing is, it shouldn't be up to brown to motivate them to want to play well. They are professional footballers, they should be fired up and ready to play on their own without needing daddy to whisper encouragement into there ears.

i do feel for ponga, the kid is doing absolutely everything he can but he's getting no help whatsoever

ben likes this.
  6. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

Ramien here and Moga back next season With SKD and another good winger will make a huge difference out wide and a couple of big bad forwards will help no end ...The young props we have all seem to have gone backwards this season so if we have to let them all go and buy props that can and will do the job ... That will upset the local lovers but that's bad luck because I would rather buy guys that will do the job than keep locals that cant do it ...

7. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    It's difficult to pin hopes on Moga unless he gets bionic knees.

slotmachine likes this.
  8. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Go have a look at Edrick Lee's try. They are numbered up 4 on 4, Sione jams in on the lead runner as per usual, the ball goes to Moylan out the back and it's the easiest try you will ever see.

It didn't even take a training-run level play from the Sharks to break down the edge and it had absolutely nothing to do with our middle being a joke (which it is).

9. Dutchy007

Dutchy007 Greg Smith

Agree, Time after time our ouside backs either read the play bad or rush up alone and leave a overlap everytime. It happens every game of the week and it seems notong is done during the week to rectify this issue.

10. Dutchy007

Dutchy007 Greg Smith

Interesting seeing the FOX Coverage of the KNIGHTS change room after the lose, Fitz was in tears and covering his face with his hands and Aiden was giving the team what looks like a few home truths. Hopefully they knuckle down this week and rectify their issues and come out all gunz blazing on saturday night, otherwise its going to get ugly!!

11. Quinny

Quinny Josh Smith

Student
    That’s why I said some not all. Sione is a poor reader of defence but I think it’s excabated with our current defensive structures.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  12. nunnsy

nunnsy Trent Hodkinson

Yeah after the game fitzy just dropped and sat on the ground devastated like he had just lost the grandfinal. Fitzy was one of our best and tried his guts out all game.

mozza and ben like this.
  13. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Have said it before nunnsy young Fitzy is the only local product that has stepped up to the line this year and tries his *** out week after week whilst others seem happy to just roll about enjoying the NRL experience.

14. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

You can blame the "structure" all you like.

Though when 1 individual does the same thing over and over and gets the same result over and over its the player not the game.

Pretty sure its called ( A DUMB ARSE )

Now i know its easy to say ( well drop him to cup ) ive said it myself, though if the coach feels less confident in a replacement or sees that less changes are probably best atm than we have to stick by that call ( unfortunately)

15. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    He never trusts his inside man too.

16. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Charlie McAlister

He also gave a public apology on the knights site

17. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Not sure why, he’s the last player that should be apologising. I’m so glad that we stuck by Fitzy who was the forum punching bag in 2015/16. Now he’s one of our best players every week and is one of few things to look forward to.

18. danknights

danknights Timana Tahu

We all said if fitzy stops being a cat and chops out poor dicipline he would go well. Now look at him!!! If everyone took in fitz confidence we would be a much better outfit.

19. krustykraz

krustykraz Craig Kimmorley

20. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    I agree with what’s written it’s clear they know what they’re doing.

Just hard to cop that last loss.